watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Felt sorry for Christie

Started by F(f)CUK, February 10, 2019, 03:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F(f)CUK

I could not understand the substitution and felt Sessegnon should have been on. However, the booing was a little sad. It was a clear message to Ranieri. Having said that I felt that Christie showed little interest in defending.

Nero

Quote from: F(f)CUK on February 10, 2019, 03:21:11 PM
I could not understand the substitution and felt Sessegnon should have been on. However, the booing was a little sad. It was a clear message to Ranieri. Having said that I felt that Christie showed little interest in defending.

probably told to get up the pitch as we where 2 down

ScalleysDad

Quote from: F(f)CUK on February 10, 2019, 03:21:11 PM

Was it not mentioned yesterday that Ranieri even interpreted the booing incorrectly. It went along the lines of the crowd, the fans, not being happy about Schurle being dragged off as opposed to the why,what,who,why angst towards his choices.

filham

Ranieri was tinkering with the idea that Christie could provide attacking pace down the right flank. Surely he has seen enough by now to realise that Christie's failure in attack has been one of our problems, Mitrovic has suffered match after match from poor crosses.

Ranieri has the excuse that the players are not of his choosing but really he is not getting the best out of them at the moment.

Baszab

Who else was there at that time to provide some width and crossing ?

Markovic ?!! Anguissa ?!!!

Babel was knackered

Should have hauled off Vietto at the same time for TC

ScalleysDad

Thing is with the weather conditions as they were a traditional cross from the area in line with the six yard box may not have worked anyway. Bombarding the box with high balls from anywhere to allow Mitrovic to actually try and work over Smalling and Jones would have been worth trying and yes bringing on Sess and TC to aid and abet that would have been a better plan.

St Eve

I don't think he was being booed, just the strange substitution. However, he is not premiership class and frankly very frustrating to watch.

bog

I recall Chris Baird being booed early on when he used to come on but under Roy he rightly became a legend.  Hard to be believe this could happen to Chrystie 

092.gif

RaySmith

Christie did well v Brighton, attacking up the right - played a big role.

Feel sorry for him, all the he abuse gets.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: St Eve on February 10, 2019, 04:56:21 PM
I don't think he was being booed, just the strange substitution. However, he is not premiership class and frankly very frustrating to watch.

I don't think the boo's were aimed directly at Christie more at the decision. The "don't know what you're doing" chant followed the boo's did'nt they? Not sure, it's all become a misty blur.

HV71

I sincerely hope ( and believe) that those booing were doing so at the nature of the substitution rather than Christie himself. No
Matter what his failings the man is genuine and puts in 100% effort. Premier League player ? No - but that isn't his fault .
He will be fine next year in the Championship as part of our squad

davew

Quote from: HV71 on February 10, 2019, 05:14:30 PM
I sincerely hope ( and believe) that those booing were doing so at the nature of the substitution rather than Christie himself. No
Matter what his failings the man is genuine and puts in 100% effort. Premier League player ? No - but that isn't his fault .
He might be our best player next season, all of our others will be long gone!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bobbo

Quote from: RaySmith on February 10, 2019, 05:02:33 PM

are you kidding ray - he was possibly our worst player that game. I hate to vehemently critisise players but whilst opinion has it , he's a nice lad his level is way below prem and it showed so much that evening.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Baszab

But without Kamara we don't have that option of driving into the wing back channels - like Fred and Targett used to --- without that I don't know what our attacking tactics are

Hoof it up to Mitro, who may control it and then he's isolated because Vietto is running around like a headless chicken and Schurrle has gone MIA

copthornemike

Agree with other posters that the booing was more to do with CR's tactics than Christie himself.
Although I was puzzled at the time on hindsight the decision made sense. Man Utd were regularly overloading our right flank and Odoi often found was often isolated against 2 or even 3 quick forwards with no support from Schurrle throughout the match.
My gripe  with CR is that he should have reacted to this Manure tactic during the first half before the match was lost.
We all were aware that man for man we up against it and a loss was the likely outcome - but the mismatch was even greater as CR was so poor tactically. With his experience we could reasonably have expected better.

Lets hope our two recent, currently unfit, signings came make a difference as they cann ot surely make things worse.
Nordveit hopefully will add the leadership qualities in our defence which are so glaringly missing whilst Mawson is absent (what a quiet group of players we currently have) and hopefully Markovic can add the pace we so clearly are lacking as a team.

davew

Quote from: bobbo on February 10, 2019, 06:20:21 PM

are you kidding dave - he was possibly our worst player that game. I hate to vehemently critisise players but whilst opinion has it , he's a nice lad his level is way below prem and it showed so much that evening.
Think you mean Ray, not me?? I didn't refer to any game (lol).

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on February 10, 2019, 06:51:12 PM
Quote from: bobbo on February 10, 2019, 06:20:21 PM

are you kidding dave - he was possibly our worst player that game. I hate to vehemently critisise players but whilst opinion has it , he's a nice lad his level is way below prem and it showed so much that evening.
Think you mean Ray, not me?? I didn't refer to any game (lol).

I think Bobbo had a moment of mistaken identity because you Dave and Ray look very much alike, especially when there is no moon, or an eclipse of the sun.
Easy mistake to make.
I often get mistaken with Mince & Tatties as we both have identical Garden Sheds.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Carborundum

2-0 down and our manager swapped an attacker for a defender.  Cyrus Christie is a smart guy and will have known exactly who was being booed.  He's in no position to refuse to come on and seems entirely blameless.

WokingFFC

Quote from: HV71 on February 10, 2019, 05:14:30 PM

Yes we were booing the decision, not Christie. How the hell he thought we could win the game by bringing on another defender was the reason. Frustration with Ranieri, hence the reason for the you don't know what you are doing chant.

davew

LOL Woolly!! I get mistaken for a lot of people these days, even a FFC supporter!