more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Referee - England v France

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, February 10, 2019, 04:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

What a fantastic example of refereeing a sports match
Keeping everyone informed including the crowd as play goes on, clear and concise
Plus any decisions from the VAR
Reminding the players of the 'values of the game' throughout.
Warning players to do and not to do things eg: "stay onside"
Treats the players like adults and being respected by the players.
No 'diving' or football players cheating, mind you, the rules are better

Wonderful.
The score is helping as well :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

ScalleysDad

He is a legend and off the pitch a very decent bloke who will pass the time of day with you as long you don't say anything daft. My daughter plays rugby to a decent standard and the relationship between players and officials is so different to what we see in football.
Nigel Owens, today's ref, has a you tube thingy of his famous match phrases from "this is not soccer so behave" to "I'm straighter than that pass was". It will make you chuckle.

Woolly Mammoth

Very good refereeing, and he was given total respect from both sets of players, and England's players and team performance was brutal and physical, a massive team,  and full of passion, and made France look quite ordinary. Power, pace and quality technique supported by their organisation which was top draw. Some of the hits were awesome and blood was spilled, no Quarter asked, no Quarter given. 🏉
Makes footballers look like spoilt poor little rich pussy cats, which they are.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

Glad to hear that there is a decent ref somewhere. The one yesterday was worse than useless, Still don't know how Matic got away with taking Babel out when he was about to be left for dead and he put his arm right across his throat and pulled him down. We got the foul but if we had done this sort of tackle it would have probably been a straight red card.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Bill2 on February 10, 2019, 07:07:36 PM
Glad to hear that there is a decent ref somewhere. The one yesterday was worse than useless, Still don't know how Matic got away with taking Babel out when he was about to be left for dead and he put his arm right across his throat and pulled him down. We got the foul but if we had done this sort of tackle it would have probably been a straight red card.

Exactly, and that makes my blood boil.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.