https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Against wet spam

Started by H4usuallysitting, February 10, 2019, 11:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Will we play Zambo, Nordtveit & Marcovic -and if we do where will they play

RaySmith

Maybe Nord at cb with Odoi at rb, or maybe dropped, with Christie at rb, Marco instead of Schurrle, Zambo on bench.

I have  a ticket for this and travel tickets bought a few weeks ago- probably  end up going, though debating this.

Feels  weird though, unreal, like a nightmare, now that most think we're down, and it would take a miracle to survive now- at least signs of a real desire and some sort of team organisation and tactics to stop shipping easy goals and start getting points and I thought I did see this at up until a couple of games ago, but these last two games we've looked lost, and our players defensively abject, while we can't score a goal.

When/if I go, I'll be getting right behind the team as always, as I know the other Fulham fans there will, in this historic London derby

Will Kahn get a new manager in before WH? Would that help? Presumably he remembers what happened last time
One last, desperate throw of the dice?

A very bleak time for me at the moment - turned 70, Fulham in this state , after the glorious triumph at Wembley, and my wife diagnosed with a lump in her breast, which is being investigated - obviously more anxiety making  than the other things. But it all adds up to a feeling of everything falling apart.

Still at least I managed to go to Wembley, and  the last Fulham match I saw was actually one of the best I've witnessed of recent years - that come back v Brighton, just  pity that we couldn't build on that. But now I've recovered, a bit, from Saturday, I am staring to think again- maybe we can do it, though I really know we haven't go much hope  now.
But a victory at WH would  certainly raise hopes again- but is it likely to happen?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 10, 2019, 11:50:12 PM
Will we play Zambo, Nordtveit & Marcovic -and if we do where will they play

Regardless of the gap, I think we should play to win until the Liverpool Game on the 18th March.

RaySmith

We should always pay to win until survival is mathematically impossible.
Playing the new players may give us a better chance of winning.

I do expect them to feature.

Will we get a new manager -but who?

SWSixer

I'd be curious to know of teams who have survived with 3 managers??

Twig

Why would we play Zambo? And why introduce two new players recovering from injury and lacking in match fitness?

Statto

Quote from: Twig on February 11, 2019, 09:06:51 AM
Why would we play Zambo? And why introduce two new players recovering from injury and lacking in match fitness?

I'd be looking to integrate Zambo if there's a chance he'll be our DM next season. And I hope there is a chance of that because he's young, on a 5-year contract, and has all the raw materials to make a good long-term replacement for (and upgrade on) Kevin McDonald, who'll be 31 next season. A season in the Championship could be just the thing the likes of Zambo and Mawson need to settle into this club and build some confidence.

filham

Relegation is now almost a certainty so les us start playing free flowing football and score a few goals. Maybe we can make some of our players look as if they are  worth a few pounds in the sale that will take place in the summer window.

Hard to think that Cairney, Sess, Rico, Chambers, Seri, Schurrle, Mitrovic will not be looking for premier league moves in the summer.

Twig

Quote from: Statto on February 11, 2019, 10:08:23 AM

I'd be looking to integrate Zambo if there's a chance he'll be our DM next season. And I hope there is a chance of that because he's young, on a 5-year contract, and has all the raw materials to make a good long-term replacement for (and upgrade on) Kevin McDonald, who'll be 31 next season. A season in the Championship could be just the thing the likes of Zambo and Mawson need to settle into this club and build some confidence.

Have you really seen his raw ability Statto?  I must admit that on every occasion I've seen him thus far he has looked error prone, off the pace and a bit lightweight.  In what ways do you feel he will be an upgrade on K Mac?

MJG

Quote from: Twig on February 11, 2019, 02:46:46 PM

Have you really seen his raw ability Statto?  I must admit that on every occasion I've seen him thus far he has looked error prone, off the pace and a bit lightweight.  In what ways do you feel he will be an upgrade on K Mac?
Nearly everyone I speak to agree there is a good player in there somewhere and its all been a bit stop start for him. Forget the price tag that has nothing to do with him, but I think he could be a really good player for us.
Just the views of a long term fan

Statto

He's definitely more mobile than KMac, with good ball control and not lightweight at all IMO. And 8 years younger than KMac so plenty of scope to improve. I agree he's error prone but that for me is about adjusting to the English leagues and getting a bit better at reading the game, which could come with maturity.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: SWSixer on February 11, 2019, 05:12:47 AM

Swansea- Guidolin/Bradley/Clement
2016/17

Twig

Quote from: Statto on February 11, 2019, 02:52:31 PM

He's definitely more mobile than KMac, with good ball control and not lightweight at all IMO. And 8 years younger than KMac so plenty of scope to improve. I agree he's error prone but that for me is about adjusting to the English leagues and getting a bit better at reading the game, which could come with maturity.

Well I guess we may find out unless he sticks in a transfer request when we get relegated.  BTW by lightweight I don't mean he lacks physical bulk, just that I have seen him eased off the ball by opponents too easily.  He needs to learn how to utilise his strength.  If he is a prospect he is a very raw one and I am surprised quite how raw given he is 23.

@jolslover

Quote from: MJG on February 11, 2019, 02:49:31 PM

Nearly everyone I speak to agree there is a good player in there somewhere and its all been a bit stop start for him. Forget the price tag that has nothing to do with him, but I think he could be a really good player for us.

Spot on
STH H3

Fulhamfan666

only 300 of their left app.

H4usuallysitting

Will we see them tonight?...

The Enclosurite

Quote from: Newry FFC on February 11, 2019, 03:11:45 PM
Quote from: SWSixer on February 11, 2019, 05:12:47 AM

Swansea- Guidolin/Bradley/Clement
2016/17

If we bring back Slav does it technically count as two?

049:gif COYW
¡COYW!