watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scotty Parker Rumour.

Started by Mince n Tatties, February 11, 2019, 06:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Friend just text me from Kent saying he has heard rumour,apparently on line and on radio that Parker will take over till end of season...Journalist sh+t or anyone heard anything.

Steven Ageroad

If true, Fulham Ben won't be a happy bunny!

ffc73

Journalist speculation in tonights Standard.

I am not keen on Parker taking over but at least that he can surely be no worse than Ranieri's public comments on players, his tactics and overall results.

Fulham76

What the hell has happened to us, we're in such a mess!

Buffalo76

At least he might put TC and Sess back in the starting 11?!!

hovewhite

Nothing suprises me at Fulham.

ScalleysDad

I suppose we need to avoid further upheaval and the dress rehearsal for this mess is still quite fresh in the mind with the Magath/Symons debacle.
On the plus side. I used to get a Coaching magazine and Scot Parker was highly regarded whilst doing his badges and at Spurs. He talks to the players during the warm ups and they do seem to drift towards him and post match he is often the last one off having spoken to key players, particularly Mitrovic. If the stories are true about his half time talk at the Brighton game that will do for me. It has also been said that senior players, like TC back him.
On the other side. We have yet to see any influence of his coaching role on the pitch. I had heard that JOka had him coaching the coaches, a repeat of the Watford communication issue perhaps, and anybody would be lost with the Ranieri plan. Is it that he has not really been allowed to exert any influence? Or is he just pants.

I would be totally swayed if his appointment meant a massive shake up of the squad and the barriers Ranieri has put up get flattened.

RaySmith

I would be prepared to give him a chance. As the man credited with getting Chambers to play in midfield, maybe he has the ear of the players, as well as being familiar with the squad's strengths - and maybe playing to them. Didn't Sess credit him as a mentor?

I remember when we  went down, that first  awful season under Magath - and he really was a stabilising force on the pitch, leading the  young players, and helping prevent a complete collapse.

Statto

Quote from: RaySmith on February 11, 2019, 07:20:52 PM
as the man credited with getting Chambers to play in midfield

You're the only one who's credited him with that Ray

RaySmith

Apart from Ranieri and Chambers himself?

f321ffc

Really not a fan of Parker but if it means dumping Clownio then I'm all for it.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

colinwhite

could see it happening. Not sure how it would turn out though....

Baszab

What a sad situation

Has CR lost  the ability to motivate them ?

This is what Kit did after Magath - he stabilised and got a team spirit back .... but is SP good enough to manage ?

I think it's a good idea as it can't be any worse than under CR

e4b

Quote from: f321ffc on February 11, 2019, 07:25:36 PM
Really not a fan of Parker but if it means dumping Clownio then I'm all for it.
What are you not a fan of? His playing style or his management

MJG

Quote from: RaySmith on February 11, 2019, 07:25:03 PM
Apart from Ranieri and Chambers himself?
Ranieri said Parker had told him Chambers could play in midfield.... Not really a mystery seeing as he played there under Jokanovic. But nowhere can I find where it says Parker had the idea originally... Unless you can find it for me?
Just the views of a long term fan

Facts Not Fiction

It makes sense to give it to Parker till the end of the season, if we can't get in a manager who were happy with.

We're going down whatever happens, so can't harm us giving him a chance.

Bexhill Beast

The original idea of Chambers playing in midfield came from Emery in the summer before the player joined us. Chambers said later he was surprised as he had only played there a few times when he was much younger. Someone at Fulham may have come up with the plan independently but it seems a bit of a coincidence.

Barrett487

SCOTT PARKER TO TAKE OVER AT FULHAM AS RANIERI LOSES THE FANS, HAS HE LOST THE DRESSING ROOM TOO?

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/scott-parker-to-take-over-at-fulham-as-ranieri-loses-the-fans-has-he-lost-the-dressing-room-too/

Hindsight is a wonderful thing! Had Fulham's loyal fans known what replacing Jokanovic with Ranieri was going to bring, would it have been better to stick with the former, and given him the chance to turn things around?

Jokanovic brought a style of football to the Cottage last season that was admired by many football fans and the media throughout the UK, and the rest of Europe it seems.

Constant media publications suggesting the top clubs at home and in Europe were watching a young rising star in Ryan Sessegnon pushing his potential value to over £50m. His efforts and skills were on show week in and week out in the Championship, more so when he was allowed to vacate his full back role and push further upfield. He excelled when attacking and was scoring and assisting the goal tally frequently.

Tom Cairney the captain, was another massive part of Fulham's second half remarkable climb up the table, and the scorer of the only goal when defeating Aston Villa at Wembley in the Play-Off Final. His value rocketed and was reportedly being watched by several Premier League teams.

Aleksandar Mitrovic, last season's brilliant purchase from Newcastle spearheaded the attack and was finding the back of the net regularly, and with his commitment to the Cottagers soon became the fan's favourite.

Alongside these wonderful players were Marcus Bettinelli, a young goalkeeper deemed good enough to be selected for an England squad. Kevin McDonald, a trusted central midfielder who was a rock, just in front of the back line of defence who seemed to be a calming influence on the players around him. Stefan Johansen, a talented midfielder that combined so well with the captain Cairney, and was often involved in the team's goal-scoring. Tim Ream, a centre half that was calm at the back and Fulham's Player of the Year and Denis Odoi who played alongside Ream in a good partnership.

After gaining promotion Fulham tried to persuade Southampton to part with on-loan full-back Matt Targett, who was not playing regularly under then manager Mark Hughes. This was a fatal error not to offer enough to keep his much-needed services. Ryan Fredericks another player that Fulham just let go as they could not agree to his wage demands. Tomas Kalas is another central defender that had many excellent games for Fulham who was overlooked when his loan period expired. Finally Aboubakar Kamara, a big and strong, fiery striker that often made defenders shudder when he was running at them.

A very good team, in the Championship, which we all knew needed strengthening to maintain a place in the world's toughest footballing division, the EPL. This was handled terribly. 12 players in, with an outlay of over £100m, mainly spent on untested Premier League stock, and more loanees, who are hardly ever up to a fight. Nice skills and good reports from their respective countries are not enough in today's top league. With the money rolling in through TV rights, every club can now afford a share of these type of players, and there are plenty to choose from due to the ridiculously high wages they demand and get.

Had Fulham kept the two full-backs, purchased a back-up for these and another centre-half, together with a ball winning midfielder and a striker to feed Mitrovic, would they be in the position they are now. Jokanovic was unhappy with not having a say in the purchasing of new players. He was right to be annoyed. A manager is assessed by his results, how can he guarantee success when he has no say in the players at his disposal? I must admit, I was one of those who thought he must be replaced due to the constant changing of his defence, no two games sticking with the same side, and no chance for a team to familiarise themselves with each other. In hindsight though, he must have been wondering how does he get this set of players to adapt to life in this League?

Sergio Rico was soon given the number one spot in goal, although I would have stuck with Bettinelli, a young goalkeeper that could at least catch a ball. He lost his place under Jokanovic it seems due to the fact his passing out to a defender, a tactic the boss insisted on at all times, was not good enough. Denis Odoi is and never was a full-back. He is a neat and tidy player in a central defensive partnership. Joe Bryan was an outstanding defender at Bristol City but in the Championship. He has been left looking a bit overwhelmed in the Premier League, and his crossing leaves a lot to be desired. The same can be said for Cyrus Christie and Timothy Fosu-Mensah who are not ready for this tough division. Christie would be better utilised in midfield.

As for the new players, goalkeeper Fabri looked out of his depth in the first two games of the season and has not played since. Maxime Le Marchand is surprisingly being selected in the defence on a regular basis. Maybe he would look better playing in the Championship, but just not up to the demands of the EPL.

Anguissa, who was injured form the start and has not had a real chance to prove why Fulham paid £30m for him. Seri, another highly rated midfielder who is good on the ball, but does not fit into the Fulham team with his style of play, and does not work hard enough in his defensive duties. Schurrle and Vietto are both competent enough players, but not in a team that is struggling and fighting against relegation. Not enough defensive work by either when they play, but look good going forward. Ryan Babel looked the part in his first couple of games, but as the team take defeat after defeat, he looks as if he wishes he had not come to this club.

The two bright sparks for Fulham of recent times has been the achievement of Calum Chambers. Moved from a defensive position to a midfield one seems to suit him well. He has shown a lot of courage and passion, not usually found in a player on loan to a smaller club. Alfie Mawson, who arrived injured, took a while to show why he was so highly regarded at Swansea. He had just began to prove his worth in the heart of the Fulham defence before injuring his knee while tying up his boots, and has been missed since.

Kamara's temper became evident when he snatched the ball off Mitrovic to take a penalty and missed, sending Ranieri frantic. He then allegedly had a fight at the training ground and was banned by the club. Was this just a player showing his fight for the cause and maybe rebelling against Ranieri? Fulham need more players with a fighting spirit which has clearly been lacking this season, but it must be done on the field of play, not at the training ground.

Ranieri lost the home fans patience with his team choice. He has stated that players had been unwell or unfit. There seemed to be neither of those things with Tom Cairney who was once again left out of the team against Manchester United. Ryan Sessegnon looked fit enough too but only given a few minutes at the end. The real cause of Fulham's problems laid in the game Le Marchand played, being mainly to blame for all of United's goals and almost a fourth. He should have gone at half-time with Odoi moved back to central defence and Christie at right back. Sessegnon and Cairney should also have been brought on at the start of the second half in place of Schurrle and Vietto.

It looks inevitable that Fulham will be relegated this season. Time should be up for Ranieri the Tinkerman, who has tinkered too much with our team leading to such poor results.

Scott Parker who has been an inspiration in the dressing room according to reports that captain Tom Cairney has stated should be given the role to the end of the season. Let's see what difference that would make. It surely could not get any worse!

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Scott Parker taking over from CR, they have been reading my emails and posts. Best news I have heard all day.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.