Scotty Parker Rumour.

Started by Mince n Tatties, February 11, 2019, 06:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Scotty has never managed a team that got relegated

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 11, 2019, 10:02:05 PM
Quote from: davew on February 11, 2019, 09:58:45 PM
I can't Mince I am on a self exclusion scheme where I can't bet with them (or quite a few others) for 5 years!!
You can get 20/1 with Betfair.

The wife thinks I don't have a bet anymore,little does she know.
Had a cert lined up for this week,and the Horse flu has put s stop to it all..lol

Don't I ?

Your wife (at the moment)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 11, 2019, 06:53:00 PM
Friend just text me from Kent saying he has heard rumour,apparently on line and on radio that Parker will take over till end of season...Journalist sh+t or anyone heard anything.

Even if it isn't true, it should be true.

The Rational Fan

Everyone talks about Manager bounce, which is a Manager normally wins the first game their in charge of a new team.

Can we have lineup 12 managers one for each game for the rest of the season? If it works more than 50% of the time, we'll stay up.

P.S. I'm Half Joking Half Serious

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 12, 2019, 01:56:56 AM
Everyone talks about Manager bounce, which is a Manager normally wins the first game their in charge of a new team.

Can we have lineup 12 managers one for each game for the rest of the season? If it works more than 50% of the time, we'll stay up.

P.S. I'm Half Joking Half Serious

On this topic, does anyone know if there is some actual evidence in support of the new manager bounce? Or is it just one of those things that gets repeated so much so that people start to believe it?

toshes mate

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 12, 2019, 07:53:06 AM
On this topic, does anyone know if there is some actual evidence in support of the new manager bounce? Or is it just one of those things that gets repeated so much so that people start to believe it?
"Bad Bounces" (A complete forensic history of the many opportunities squandered and chances spurned by the Khan family in English football; ninth volume in preparation)   

KJS

Riversider

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on February 11, 2019, 08:32:57 PM
Quote from: Riversider on February 11, 2019, 08:16:42 PM
No, No, No !
FFS, haven't some of you learnt a thing from the Symons fiasco ?
If Claudio leaves then I want the best person to replace him, are some of you really suggesting that Scott Parker is the best option to manage Fulham Football Club ?
How can that possibly be true.

So who is the best person to replace him at this particular moment,who is available? There is a very good chance that we will be going down, therefore give Parker a chance just to steady the ship and that gives the club plenty of time to get a new manager in that fits your wishes.

How the ***k would I know ? I don't get paid a large 6 figure sum by the club to give advice like that,but what I do know is this, out of all the club's in Britain and all the club's in Europe a man that has never managed before at any level is not the best option to take over Fulham Football Club,
Let me ask you, what has impressed you enough for Parker to be given the job ?
An open question to you all, since Parker has taking over the role of coach from Stuart Gray, have we improved or got worse ?

For this club of ours to start to turn the corner a number of things have to happen this summer,
Firstly, Tony Khan has to step aside and a football man has to be brought in to oversee all things football,
Secondly, Ranieri and his entire team (and that includes Parker) have to be let go and a hungry young manager on his way up has to be brought in,
Thirdly, we need a lot of luck, at least 14 players will be leaving this summer and they need to be replaced , not an easy task, and it's impossible to make a success of every transfer but we need to be right more times than we are wrong, which is why Point 1 is so important,
Fourth, get rid of Talbot and his son and instigate a massive overhaul of our entire scouting department, we are so poor in this area and it's time we addressed this,

A season of struggle ahead, then stabilisation then progress, similar to before then.

Sgt Fulham

The Khans have learned nothing. They're well-meaning but utterly infuriating most of the time.

Woolly Mammoth

and another thing, bring back Sir Craven of Cottage.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Camel Club

If there is any chance whatsoever of somehow escaping relegation this season it is by replacing Ranieri with somebody from within the club on the coaching side who has the respect of the players and who will have formed their own ideas on how best to set this squad of players up on the pitch.  That person is Scott Parker.

Riversider

Quote from: Camel Club on February 12, 2019, 11:30:18 AM
If there is any chance whatsoever of somehow escaping relegation this season it is by replacing Ranieri with somebody from within the club on the coaching side who has the respect of the players and who will have formed their own ideas on how best to set this squad of players up on the pitch.  That person is Scott Parker.

And how do you know any of that ?
What does Mitro think of him ?
What does Seri think of him ?
Please tell us, I'd love to know

Woolly Mammoth

I agree sir
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Camel Club

Quote from: Riversider on February 12, 2019, 11:39:46 AM

And how do you know any of that ?
What does Mitro think of him ?
What does Seri think of him ?
Please tell us, I'd love to know

I don't Riversider but the evidence strongly suggests Ranieri has lost his way, lost at least some of the players and a good percentage of the fans. We're in the last chance saloon this season and if Ranieri does go there would be no point in bringing in somebody from outside the club at this time. If there is anybody from within the club I believe Parker is the most likely short-term candidate.

snarks

I would be happy if we were to go for Conte, I can't recall (or be bothered to look) but I think he managed Juve in Serie B when they were coming back from their relegation for financial impropriety (may have been Deschamp tho') either way, if we were to change now, I would prefer him.

Baszab

I saw Conte going in to the ground last Saturday

Buffalo76

I'd happily have Conte all day long.... but it's not gonna happen. His wages will b sky high 4 a start but more crucially he'll more than likely want to join a team in the Champions league. 

snarks

Quote from: Baszab on February 12, 2019, 12:46:55 PM

He's been there for the last couple by all accounts

junior white

Quote from: snarks on February 12, 2019, 01:04:45 PM
Quote from: Baszab on February 12, 2019, 12:46:55 PM

He's been there for the last couple by all accounts
been at the training ground too, apparently is a friend of CR

Bracken White

Obviously all rumour but at this time I'd welcome it & it would give the team & infact the whole Club a much needed fillip.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique