watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we had used that 50 million

Started by Spirit of 2000, February 11, 2019, 09:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

We wasted on Anguissa and Seri on a top notch right back and centre back plus right sided midfielder or another striker.  Stuck with KMac, TC and Stef Jo as they may not have been great  at premier level but knew each other's game (and are better technically than Cardiff have) ... brought in Chambers anyway. Would we have been better off? I think it's a no brainer and we lost the terrific team spirit built last season. Naivety of non footballing man in charge of recruitment.

YankeeJim

IF, frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their arses.

Whats done is done. We need to look forward.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: YankeeJim on February 11, 2019, 09:47:10 PM
IF, frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their arses.

Whats done is done. We need to look forward.

And every other team is saying if only we signed Mitrovoic.

Spirit of 2000

Cardiff did ok retaining the nucleas of last season's squad and adding less lavishly to it. No promoted team has ever changed the basis of their side as us. We had far more ability than Huddersfield had when they came up. We paid badly for stupidly dismissing the core of our promotion side.

Arthur

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on February 11, 2019, 09:13:32 PM
We wasted on Anguissa and Seri on a top notch right back and centre back plus right sided midfielder or another striker.  Stuck with KMac, TC and Stef Jo as they may not have been great  at premier level but knew each other's game (and are better technically than Cardiff have) ... brought in Chambers anyway. Would we have been better off? I think it's a no brainer and we lost the terrific team spirit built last season. Naivety of non footballing man in charge of recruitment.

You criticise the addition of a defensive midfielder - saying that the money would have been better used strengthening the squad elsewhere - and point the finger of blame at Tony Khan. Yet, following our friendly with Celta Vigo a week before the start of the season, it was Jokanovic who went on record as saying, 'The club know and the club is ready to make some movement, after Kevin McDonald I don't have players in this position...'

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/slavisa-jokanovic-fulham-transfers-press-14991454

I see, moreover, that you, yourself, an hour after the aforementioned game, posted that you thought that the Club would sign a holding midfielder.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=65512.msg983089#msg983089

If balancing the squad in the summer was such a 'no-brainer' (as you now claim), strange, then, that you should offer no words of caution against this.

Isn't hindsight wonderful?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Arthur on February 12, 2019, 03:12:04 AM

You criticise the addition of a defensive midfielder - saying that the money would have been better used strengthening the squad elsewhere - and point the finger of blame at Tony Khan. Yet, following our friendly with Celta Vigo a week before the start of the season, it was Jokanovic who went on record as saying, 'The club know and the club is ready to make some movement, after Kevin McDonald I don't have players in this position...'

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/slavisa-jokanovic-fulham-transfers-press-14991454

I see, moreover, that you, yourself, an hour after the aforementioned game, posted that you thought that the Club would sign a holding midfielder.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=65512.msg983089#msg983089

If balancing the squad in the summer was such a 'no-brainer' (as you now claim), strange, then, that you should offer no words of caution against this.

Isn't hindsight wonderful?

You say its clear we should have bought "a top notch right back", but we have five players that have played Right-Back for their country including Netherlands XI, Ireland XI, Belgium XI, England XI and England U19. Even FFC's fourth best right-back was chosen by Hodgson for England with Nathaniel Clyne on the bench.

I would have thought we started the season a little overcrowded with right-backs for a team trying to avoid relegation. Unfortunately, by the end of the Cardiff game all four right-backs have failed and in some messy desperation rotation (where we are looking for any right-back that is only slightly worse than every other starting right back in the EPL).

Wingnut

We wasted on Anguissa and Seri on a top notch right back and centre back plus right sided midfielder or another striker.

What top notch right back, centre back, right sided midfielder and striker are you going to get for £50m? You're happy with our LB, I'm guessing?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.