watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RIP Gordon Banks

Started by f321ffc, February 12, 2019, 09:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

A legend, a great keeper and one of football's gentlemen.
RIP Gordon Banks.

Buffalo76

Never get tired of watching THAT save against Pele.
That's it and that's all.

Fulham Tup North

Very sad news.
Another real legend gone :(
RIP
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

kiwian

In the 60's my friend and I were both keepers in our school teams and we called ourselves Yashin and Banks, unfortunately he took Banks, so I wore a black kit. Saw him in an exhibition match in the 70's over here, still remember a brilliant point blank save he made. A great keeper but an even greater man.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Marinelloguthrie

Gordon Banks was my hero as a youngster, i wanted to be him and was why i wanted to be a goalkeeper as a kid.
My nan knitted me a yellow keepers top and i wrote a letter to him when he was in hospital after he car crash.
Best thing was that in 2008 we were in Disney world and i saw him, felt bad about interupting his holiday but promptly took my daughters disney autograph book and got his autograph with a handshake from him.
The autograph book reads goofy, donald duck, belle, mickey mouse, snow white, Gordon Banks and Cinderella. 😁

Penfold

Gordon Banks retired before I was watching football. So were many great players. But what a sad day. One of the class of 1966, and, a gent by all accounts. Anything else football wise passes into insignificance for a while.

RaySmith

Our own George Cohen is one of the few heroes of 66 left. They never really got the recognition, and certainly the status and rewards that their great achievement deserved.

Banksy was certainly a great keeper, one of he best ever, and modest and assuming like all those players of that era -football has changed a lot, and not always for the best!

RIP

hovewhite

Will be sadly missed RIP Gordon.