watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Don't write Huddersfield off!

Started by fcfulham55, February 12, 2019, 08:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcfulham55

Still 12 games to go, they can catch us.  In the mini league battle for 19th.

We lose about 700k? Placement money if we drop a place.  This money will have to be recouped by adding the cost on season tickets otherwise.

But don't worry. Khan will promise he will do whatever it takes to get us back. 
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Sgt Fulham

And where are their points going to come from? They've already played us twice!!

hovewhite

There down below us.not that it matters,down is down!

fcfulham55

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 12, 2019, 10:06:33 PM
And where are their points going to come from? They've already played us twice!!

😂 Valid point sadly.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Woolly Mammoth

Success is how high you bounce when you reach rock bottom.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rock

Like most threads, you assume the Khans have any sort of clue to what they are doing.

The Rational Fan

Unfortunately for FFC, I do write Huddersfield off.

Hence, my league table has
Crystal Palace 30 
Brighton  30 
Newcastle 28 
Burnley FC 27
Southampton  27
Cardiff City 25

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rock on February 13, 2019, 01:37:10 AM
Like most threads, you assume the Khans have any sort of clue to what they are doing.

If the Khans told me night followed day, I would go and ask somebody else.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fcfulham55 on February 12, 2019, 11:13:13 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 12, 2019, 10:06:33 PM

😂 Valid point sadly.

The last time we were relegated under Felix Wolfgang Magath, despite the fact that he was this clubs worst nightmare. I basically felt that because of the players we had, I felt we still had enough about us to stay up, right up until it was mathematically impossible, the same with the year we stayed up with that Danny Murphy header at Pompey.
But this season I would never have thought i would have written us off this early.
But all the signs point to finishing in the bottom 3. It's just a question of whether we finish 19th or 20th. i

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

Frankly we have players who look like they don't care. A manager who hasnt got a clue and an owners who tries to do then correct thing but blows it almost every time

Woolly Mammoth

That more or less sums it up. 🆘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Lat time we went down I also thought we would be safe, and there was everything  still to play for right up to almost to the end of the season, with a home game v Hull, which we needed to win, and were winning up til near the end, but in Fulhamish fashion allowed  Hull to equalise. Then that game at Stoke, with Dan Burn at lb, but we had only a faint hope then.

One thing I remember was that Sunderland went on a totally unexpected run, beating Chelsea away and other top teams, which saved them, and helped put us down.

In the GE year, with he City turn around and  Danny Murphy's header at Pompey (DM was also very important at City, with his through passes to Kamara, and the pen he took, putting in the rebound - how we could do with someone like him now) things did look bad for us, worse than when we actually went down I think, and there was certainly a pessimistic air  on here, with many questioning the wisdom of appointing the  fairly unknown Roy H, but I don't remember  things being as bad as they are now, or us being cast adrift in the same way, though I think our points tally may be similar.

But, it's hard to see this team  having the ability and fight to  win several games in a row, like we did in the GE. And , as I said, how we need a Danny Murphy type player in midfield, with his ability, determination and leadership qualities, plus we had players like Bullard , Macbride, Kamara, Hangeland.

I do think  the current team has shown good battling qualities - up until the last two games -after that tremendous turn around v Brighton, and the League games leading up to it, not the Cup v Oldham obviously, but at Arsenal, Burnley, home to Spurs, though still crucially let down by awful defending, but morale seems fragile-

and we also seem like a team that still don't really know what they are doing - disorganised, after CR did appear to bring more defensive organisation and stability.Well, he has, but we don't have the players to play how he wants to play, and his man management hasn't been great either re Sess and TC being the obvious examples. But it's been tough for him too - did he realise how poor we were when he agreed to take the  job?

He seemed confident and determined to save us, and did seem like he  might save us at first, but now he seems to lost the plot too.
Why the heck couldn't we carry our Brighton second half to a poor Palace? Why did he  seem to revert to tactics that hadn't worked? and exclude TC and Sess again , the former so important in the Brighton win, played in the centre, when even Seri looked brilliant.

Last  time we went down, I,  an 'optimistic' fan, travelled down to the home game  v Hull, wanting to get behind he team, and also went to Stoke when ther was still a s light hope, just as i'd travlled down to  us v Brum, after  attending the City game in the GE - feeling I needed to  get behind  the team, but now, though I have a ticket for WH, which , if I go, will involve an overnight coach home, which I also have a ticket for, and I'm  not sure if  I see much point in going, and am filled with forboding.

Yes, now seems a lot worse than both the GE and  last time we went down - when we beat Palace when Kasami scored  THAT goal, and Sidwell also scored a cracker, and it looked then like Palace would go down, not us, but this season we've looked in trouble almost from the start.

Can a miracle happen? This would be  the most Fulhamish thing ever if it did.

KJS

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 13, 2019, 02:15:12 AM
Quote from: The Rock on February 13, 2019, 01:37:10 AM

If the Khans told me night followed day, I would go and ask somebody else.

That's because you are a stupid narrow minded Khan hater that is an embarrassment to this great club  063.gif

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: fcfulham55 on February 12, 2019, 08:39:22 PM
We lose about 700k? Placement money if we drop a place.

Closer to £2million these days.