https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we do go down, and I'm slowly changing my mind fr0m "We will not go down"

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, February 14, 2019, 01:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

It may be a good idea to cash in on our 'jewels:
TC, Ryan and Mitro

If what we've heard from SK that we turned down 100 million in the transfer window.
we've got to assume that is mainly for RS and Mitro with extras for Tc.

Now, we have a huge and very expensive youth policy which has only produced 'some' revenue
Roberts and a few others, we have constantly 'let go' our potential 'future stars'
We all have our opinions but to me Humphreys, Williams et al had the potential to succeed,
even Cauley who I've got mixed feelings about.
Now we have a 50M player in Ryan, who I suspect is a bit pee'd of at the moment, although he
has shown fantastic loyalty, but as long as CR is in charge he must surely be considering his future.

TC:  Last years talisman and a fans favorite, us fans are fickle and he's had a bit of a slagging this season

Mitro:  What can I say, a huge player for us but not in our current set up, another one who must be thinking
"I love this club but give me some service"

As sad as it is, I suugest we sell them all for 120M and use that money to rebuild PROPERLY. 
Who we employ as manager and what scouting system we use will be crucial, we can't sp**k upt he
wall what we did last summer.

We'll see
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

What you say makes a lot of sense, but nothing will change, and the same costly mistakes will occur until there is a complete overhaul of the recruitment system, and that is the common denominator.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 14, 2019, 02:32:25 AM
What you say makes a lot of sense, but nothing will change, and the same costly mistakes will occur until there is a complete overhaul of the recruitment system, and that is the common denominator.

spot on woolly.

toshes mate

I remain unsure that anything 'we' do is a good idea unless we know what we are doing and are absolutely sure it will provide the best opportunity to move from where we are to where we want to be.  I no longer have the feel good factor that I had when Jokanovic was around with his fairly unique manner of gently rocking the boat in a way that would/could/should gradually reveal problems and have them dealt with both at playing level and at Club strategic planning level.  What he achieved on the pitch, especially in his first full season, should have been indicative of a bright future if his needs were correctly met.  Our former coach's professionalism was a breath of fresh air compared to much of what went on around him.  His sacking was down to the same repetitious mistake making that has been a feature of life since 2013. 

As WM suggests there needs to be a very serious overhaul of the Club's problem areas but, first and foremost, those areas must be readily identified by the owner and his senior boardroom members as needing a complete rebuild.   Without that nothing can change and we will continue to chance along hoping that a knight on a white horse will rescue us.   We have already spurned one such knight.   

HV71

Well said Toshes Mate and Woolly. We have squandered what may be the opportunity of a generation. Tragic.

Statto

Funny how despite 2.5 years of Tony Khan managing our transfer systems, the "crown jewels" remain three players brought to the club by Mike Rigg, our academy and Slavisa Jokanovic respectively

filham

When we are relegated (not if but when) Sess., Cairney and Mitrovic will leave, the speculation as to which clubs will take them will continue into the summer window.

Sess.         Spurs or Man.U

Cairney      West Ham or Newcastle.

Mitrovic      West Ham or Watford.

Those are my bets, any other ideas.