News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside work commencing summer 2019 Cancelled?

Started by fcfulham55, February 14, 2019, 11:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcfulham55

If the rumours are true they've lost all interest.  Well arguably was already lost in the January window.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Statto

Would be a shame for both parties but would not surprise me if true

Quote from: Statto on February 08, 2019, 06:44:57 PM
I'm calling it early, but I reckon he's out in the summer. Frustration from his son on Twitter, irrecoverable failure after 5 years of trying, no further spending this month, and a negative article today with no talk of the future.

You heard it here first - he's on his way out IMO.

So all those in the Riverside can stop wondering where to sit next season.

SWSixer

MJG

If they are going to cancel it then they seem to be doing a bloody lot of work behind the scenes to get ready for building it.
Was at a meeting Wednesday going over almost the final plans for the movement of ST holders which should now be communicated over next few weeks. Every meeting I have about this shows more work done by the club. Of course it could still be cancelled right up to the final second before go, and any decision like that will come from the owner.
Just the views of a long term fan

Fernhurst

Headlines to attract click bait?

Let's hope these rumours are false as I've just lashed out £300.00 for four us to attend the final home game of the season sitting in The Riverside Stand.
Was there for the opening of the stand with Father and Brother in 1971 (?) and was determined to be at the last game with my Grandsons.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Robbie

If I were the Khans I wouldn't build a new stand.

The Old Count

Quote from: Fernhurst on February 15, 2019, 06:01:46 AM

Let's hope these rumours are false as I've just lashed out £300.00 for four us to attend the final home game of the season sitting in The Riverside Stand.
Was there for the opening of the stand with Father and Brother in 1971 (?) and was determined to be at the last game with my Grandsons.

Ah! yes. The 29th Febuary 1972. I was there but standing in the Hammersmith end with my drunken old mate JP. 
I hope there is a similar match arrranged for the opening of the new Riverside - Barcelona anyone?

CB

I think the Wembley deal played a big part in the go ahead as well as likely relegation.

Jem

Quote from: The Old Count on February 15, 2019, 08:40:56 AM
Quote from: Fernhurst on February 15, 2019, 06:01:46 AM

Ah! yes. The 29th Febuary 1972. I was there but standing in the Hammersmith end with my drunken old mate JP. 
I hope there is a similar match arrranged for the opening of the new Riverside - Barcelona anyone?
Ah Yes, I remember it well. I was there propping up my inebriated friend SE. Billericay more likely.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bog

Has the chairman's son designed the new stand?  :022:

092.gif

Andy S

Jamie88

Quote from: fcfulham55 on February 14, 2019, 11:24:07 PM
If the rumours are true they've lost all interest.  Well arguably was already lost in the January window.

If my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle

ffcwickford

I would be very surprised if there is any truth in the rumour.

The division we are in has absolutely no bearing on the Riverside project.

Even if we were only mildly successful in the Championship, with the right ticket pricing structure the ground would be full at every home game.

The additional income streams from the facilities and the apartments would over a numbers of years pay for the project.

When we drop back into the Championship, those on loan or short term contracts will leave. We also have players on longer term contracts with relegation clauses in their contracts, so wages will drop.

We also have a number of good academy prospects, while not quite ready for the Premier League they can certainly be part of a Championship squad next season.

The Khans' ownership I beleive is for the long term and looking at the mess Blackpool are in at the moment, just be careful what you wish for!

win-dup

Quote from: bog on February 15, 2019, 10:13:35 AM
Has the chairman's son designed the new stand?  :022:

092.gif
Unfortunately, yes. The stats showed that most people arrive only five minutes before the kickoff so he thought it was hardly worth giving them seats. So in the very unlikely event that the new stand is built it will contain no seats at all.

Nero

Haven't people realized yet that the relegation is part of the long term plan, playing in the championship means fewer fans so a reduced capacity won't mater, then we are promoted we have a new stand for the premier league. the Khans are very clever people 

H4usuallysitting

I dropped a builder/Project manager sort (he had a suit on, but no tie) at the club just this week....he was saying they're gearing up to start the job, sounded like it's full steam ahead

Arthur

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 15, 2019, 11:55:39 PM
I dropped a builder/Project manager sort (he had a suit on, but no tie) at the club just this week....he was saying they're gearing up to start the job, sounded like it's full steam ahead

Spoilsport.

HillingdonFFC

All along I've been in the 'believe it when I see it camp"but after reading what MJG wrote earlier & the little snippets Ive heard from the FST meeting in the week I'd be very surprised & disappointed if this doesn't go ahead now.

hovewhite

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on February 16, 2019, 08:01:47 AM
All along I've been in the 'believe it when I see it camp"but after reading what MJG wrote earlier & the little snippets Ive heard from the FST meeting in the week I'd be very surprised & disappointed if this doesn't go ahead now.

will go ahead I believe even when comfired were down,shame the view of the game in the Riverside is wonderful.