News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside work commencing summer 2019 Cancelled?

Started by fcfulham55, February 14, 2019, 11:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on February 16, 2019, 08:01:47 AM
All along I've been in the 'believe it when I see it camp"but after reading what MJG wrote earlier & the little snippets Ive heard from the FST meeting in the week I'd be very surprised & disappointed if this doesn't go ahead now.

I fully believe MJG and H4usuallysitting but if Khan was planning to pull it, I wouldn't have expected him to implement that decision yet.

You can see the official line is, as in his programme notes, we will stay up, Ranieri and all the players will be here next year, the Riverside stand is still getting built, etc. But we all know most of that isn't true, and I suspect none of it is true.

hovewhite

Quote from: Statto on February 16, 2019, 09:12:22 AM
All along I've been in the 'believe it when I see it camp"but after reading what MJG wrote earlier & the little snippets Ive heard from the FST meeting in the week I'd be very surprised & disappointed if this doesn't go ahead now.

I fully believe MJG and H4usuallysitting but if Khan was planning to pull it, I wouldn't have expected him to implement that decision yet.

You can see the official line is, as in his programme notes, we will stay up, Ranieri and all the players will be here next year, the Riverside stand is still getting built, etc. But we all know most of that isn't true, and I suspect none of it is true.
we all know Khan backing managers it means he's looking for his bike

mrmicawbers

If and when they build the New Riverside stand with bars and restaurants I would seriously consider moving across from my seat in the Johnny Haynes stand.We and there are 10 of us only have 1 drink at half time.Would love the opportunity to spend more time and Money at decent facilities at the Ground.

Fulham1959

Quote from: fcfulham55 on February 14, 2019, 11:24:07 PM
If the rumours are true they've lost all interest.  Well arguably was already lost in the January window.

Can we have a link to the 'rumours', please ?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 15, 2019, 11:55:39 PM
I dropped a builder/Project manager sort (he had a suit on, but no tie) at the club just this week....he was saying they're gearing up to start the job, sounded like it's full steam ahead

There may very well have been a genuine misunderstanding there, as if it was the dude I think it is, your description was spot on.
But the job he was talking about was erecting a Statue of TK where the Riverside Stand use to be.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

This New Riverside Stand has been a saga running for some years, you really could write a book about it.
I am sticking with my statement that I will believe it is going to happen when I see a contractor on site pouring the first cubic metre of concrete.

Riversider

I would seriously doubt there is a single  Fulham supporter on Planet Earth that has been more sceptical than me over the last 7 years or so , as I'm sure MJG and the FST  will testify,
But I have it from a very good authority this week that it is very much going ahead this summer, never say never of course but it would have to be one hell of a 180 degree turn if it doesn't happen now ,
I'm more relaxed and confident now than I've ever been and that's saying something.

fulhamben

:group hug:
Quote from: hovewhite on February 16, 2019, 08:11:40 AM

will go ahead I believe even when comfired were down,shame the view of the game in the Riverside is wonderful.
and it will be even better in a shiny new stand
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Rational Fan

The new Rverside stand will give FFC upto £4.3 million extra per year in premier league, which should be enough to put us one place higher in the EPL getting us a little more TV money next year.

Penfold

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 17, 2019, 09:33:36 AM
The new Rverside stand will give FFC upto £4.3 million extra per year in premier league, which should be enough to put us one place higher in the EPL getting us a little more TV money next year.
Unfortunately we won't be in the Premier League next year

hovewhite

Quote from: Penfold on February 17, 2019, 11:30:25 AM
if only ha ha

The Rational Fan

Quote from: hovewhite on February 17, 2019, 11:36:15 AM
Quote from: Penfold on February 17, 2019, 11:30:25 AM
if only ha ha

Under FFP rules, don't we get to add last seasons gate receipts for the stand we are rebuilding to allowed losses and if we also sell those members seats in other stands we get those gate receipts too. Oh well, maybe we can Mawson wages paid by the fictional supporters in Riverside and get Kalas paid on loan too by those real supporters who have moved other stands.

Holders

I didn't post it until it had otherwise appeared on here but:

"The Trust also pressed on whether possible relegation would impact on commencing work on the stand.  AM replied that the division the Club is in is irrelevant to the timescales for work starting on the Riverside Stand".

Now, take that as you will, but when I was writing contracts and minutes I was a master of weasel words and recognise  something that can be interpreted a different way in future if necessary.

That said, I don't want to sound negative and think that if it starts in May it'll be a real sign of intent and give me a lot of confidence in Khan's future intentions.   
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

hovewhite

Holders nothing about pricing again for next season so they think we are all well off.

Holders

I imagine they'll have to make a statement on that when they know (for certain) which division we're in next year.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

hovewhite

Holders I've got slagged off so often by certain poster on this board for what feels a one man crusade about the rising price of watching my football club that I don't care what anyone else thinks wether everyone else on here can afford the rising prices.
I am starting to think about not renewing irrespective of price as this club is as far away from supporters as it's been in years.
To MJG i think your a company man without an opinion .

west kowloon white

The fact is the development has not been cancelled as of now.I hope the many carpers who may well have egg on their face will stand up and be counted..

Penfold

Quote from: hovewhite on February 18, 2019, 05:24:17 PM
Holders I've got slagged off so often by certain poster on this board for what feels a one man crusade about the rising price of watching my football club that I don't care what anyone else thinks wether everyone else on here can afford the rising prices.
I am starting to think about not renewing irrespective of price as this club is as far away from supporters as it's been in years.

Club down the road for me do a season ticket for £150. OK, it's not Fulham but decent value for money and your attendance actually appears to be appreciated.

MJG

Quote from: hovewhite on February 18, 2019, 05:24:17 PM
well your wrong and I don't slag you off, I challenge your comments and once again my view on subject matters are my own.
Just the views of a long term fan