watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New players next season

Started by JoelH5, February 15, 2019, 09:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Understandably, one of the main difficulties this January window was the attractiveness of joining us, in the position we're in.

Next season however, you would think we would be one of the more attractive options for players who are happy to play in the Championship. Hopefully we can rebuild a strong team.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

hovewhite

Assuming, Claudio has gone 2nd chance of Stef Jo,Kev   Mac having fresh start maybe O'Riley to take TCs role as think he'll go to a PL club,keeper wise we will be ok Steve sess and Cyrus for RB a full set of CBs including cover,wide players kebano,floyd.
Where we might be short is strikers depends if mitro stays or goes.think AK has burnt his bridges so a couple of strikers might be all we need keep anguissa also cisse hasn't done to much wrong so we can bounce back without the need of loan players.

grandad

Quote from: hovewhite on February 16, 2019, 08:29:36 AM
Assuming, Claudio has gone 2nd chance of Stef Jo,Kev   Mac having fresh start maybe O'Riley to take TCs role as think he'll go to a PL club,keeper wise we will be ok Steve sess and Cyrus for RB a full set of CBs including cover,wide players kebano,floyd.
Where we might be short is strikers depends if mitro stays or goes.think AK has burnt his bridges so a couple of strikers might be all we need keep anguissa also cisse hasn't done to much wrong so we can bounce back without the need of loan players.

Sounds fine for a promotion push but should we bounce back we will have the same problem of having a Championship standard squad. Minus probably without Mitro Sess Cairney Seri , Schurlle & AK.. I feel that we need one season of stability & then do the Wolves model of acquiring PL standard players for a promotion push in the second season.
Where there's a will there's a wife

hovewhite

Quote from: grandad on February 16, 2019, 09:00:13 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on February 16, 2019, 08:29:36 AM

Sounds fine for a promotion push but should we bounce back we will have the same problem of having a Championship standard squad. Minus probably without Mitro Sess Cairney Seri , Schurlle & AK.. I feel that we need one season of stability & then do the Wolves model of acquiring PL standard players for a promotion push in the second season.
grandad I see and agree,we comeback to the problem who gets to pick the improvements to make the team better?

filham

Depends first and foremost who starts the season as manager, can't see too many players wanting to join the present set up.

The Old Count

Quote from: filham on February 16, 2019, 11:08:28 AM
Depends first and foremost who starts the season as manager, can't see too many players wanting to join the present set up.

I wondered if the main reason we found it difficult to sign players in January was that players didn't fancy playing for Ranieri. 

I'd rather he wasn't here next season (or the rest of this one for that matter).

hovewhite

If Khan is to make a change he doesn't want to start with a plan of giving a manager 10 to 15 games he needs to either change at the latest end of season or do it now.

Jims Dentist

New Players For Next Season :
Need to be recruited  by an experienced professional.
Not by Tony Khant.

hovewhite

Quote from: Jims Dentist on February 16, 2019, 07:00:58 PM
New Players For Next Season :
Need to be recruited  by an experienced professional.
Not by Tony Khant.
think we all agree on that.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

We all mention in comments players who could leave in the Summer but it is only when you put them all together that the position looks quite disturbing.
This is a summary of the situation as I see it.

Loan Returns.       Rico, Chambers, TFM, Vietto, Babel, Markovic, Nordtvert, plus Schurrle shortening his stay.

Contracts Expire.  Keban, Ayite, Odoi, Johansen, thorteinsson, Humphrys. - The first four the Club has the option of a twelve months extension but will they want to stay?

Other possibly to leave: Mitro, Seri, Cairney, Sess plus his brother, O'Reilly, plus Kamara.

It will be very much up to the desire of the Club to retain these players or take their tempting fees , plus the lucrative offers that the young players may receive from the big boys.

It will take good management to handle all of this and are we up to,it?

David I

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on February 18, 2019, 10:06:28 AM

It will be very much up to the desire of the Club to retain these players or take their tempting fees , plus the lucrative offers that the young players may receive from the big boys.

😰 I wouldn't trust the current lot to run a bath!!

hovewhite

Quote from: David I on February 18, 2019, 12:46:40 PM

not me,it is a balls up from the word go!

toshes mate

+1

ALG01

I think it is far to early to be considering next season when on Fridayday it could be the first win on the road to recovery.

However, I have very little faith, no matter what division we are in, that the management have learned a single thing from 5 years of underachievment and we will now have to anticipate another relegation struggle next season.

Our squad remains to depedent on loan players and that is a big error in itself. The owners think that is boxing smart, but actually it is a recipe for an unsettled, un committed squad at this level.

aaronmcguigan

Contracts Expire.  Keban, Ayite, Odoi, Johansen, thorteinsson, Humphrys. - The first four the Club has the option of a twelve months extension but will they want to stay?

Not that it changes anything but Humphrys is already gone

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I believe that Humphrys is on loan with the option of signing sometime in the future

filham

No?, but they are pretty good at getting into hot water.

filham

I suspect the summer window and the start of next seasom could be an absolute shambles, with our best players leaving and indecision about who to sign resulting yet again with panic buys on the last day of the window.

Please Fulham for once lets start planning early and have a team, with a coach,ready for early pre season training.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on February 19, 2019, 05:28:58 PM

No?, but they are pretty good at getting into hot water.
The club is drowning in the incompetence of the recruitment and stats system.
They need to tap into the right resources, and plug the gaps in defence, not throw the baby out with the bath water.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan