watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dream time - new manager

Started by Southcoastffc, February 16, 2019, 04:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Who, of currently unemployed candidates would be on your short list of, say, 3?  Assume Joka won't be. In no particular order I'd have David Moyes, Andre Villas-Boas and Giovanni van Bronckhorst .  (GVB not unemployed at the moment but has apparently said he's leaving Feyenoord this year)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

f321ffc

Former France and Paris St-Germain boss Laurent Blanc, 53, has hired a leading football agency to help find him a job in the Premier League.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Southcoastffc

Quote from: grandad on February 16, 2019, 04:24:02 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 16, 2019, 04:13:39 PM
Quote from: grandad on February 16, 2019, 04:10:34 PM
Not Moyes in a million years.

I love your positivity! 😉
Positively one of the worst journey men managers.
Oh terrible, with over 900 games as a manager and a win rate of 42%!

Woolly Mammoth

For me none of them, don't know enough about GVB to form an opinion.
AVB, would be out of his depth, his man management is poor.
As for Cods Eyes, amongst so many other reasons, he has an attitude problem and the last individual apart from Magath, I would not want to see striding through the gates of CC.
Plus he is currently occupying a fishmongers slab somewhere up in Fleetwood. He got transfered there after upsetting a Smoked Haddock in Grimsby.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: f321ffc on February 16, 2019, 04:27:25 PM
Former France and Paris St-Germain boss Laurent Blanc, 53, has hired a leading football agency to help find him a job in the Premier League.

Yes, I read that recently but that presupposes we will be in the Prem!

Fulham 442

Mince n Tatties

Mavis Blenkinthorpe,and her sssistant Ruby Tinkerbottom,currently have the Halifax Under 10's girls side unbeaten in 23 games.
Might be worth a shout.👱

Nero

Montella is unemployed and available, why do they have to be unemployed by the way?

SuffolkWhite

I said ages ago Wagner, and the reason why is he knows the Championship and gets commitment and a good team spirit. But to be fair there is an element of luck for any manager in the Champ.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

bobby01

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on February 16, 2019, 06:20:28 PM
I said ages ago Wagner, and the reason why is he knows the Championship and gets commitment and a good team spirit. But to be fair there is an element of luck for any manager in the Champ.

I work with a terriers supporter who used to go up for every weekend game. He thinks very highly of Wagner and thinks with a club with a bit more money to spend he would do well.
I thought they played some good football in the championship, and last season did way beyond expectation but could not strengthen this summer.
So he may be a decent choice.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Jims Dentist

Wagner for me.
Has to be some one with a recent winning record in the champilnship.
He also needs to be able to select his own transfer targets.

To deviate from this would be to yet again repeat previous mistakes.

Milo

Luka

Who in their right mind would risk having this shambles on their CV !!

Fernhurst

Ok it's dream time.

Eddie Howe is Mr Bournemouth........ but if we show him the plans and offer him one of the apartments along with an attractive salary and a much better playing budget he surely must leave the 10k ground that is the Vitality at some point. England job is too early for him and his signing of Brooks, Nat Clyne and Lewis Cook are just the sort we need.
I know, I know ..... why would he leave the Premier League????? .....Well it is dream time
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Camel Club

I think David Wagner would be the ideal candidate and would appear to be a pretty good fit for us. He knows the Championship well and what is required to get out of it. What he has achieved in English football so far has been on a far more restricted budget than he would have at Fulham and he would likely attract the right sort of players to the club as well.

I'd be interested to see what the club would do in the increasingly unlikely event that we stay up. Should the miracle of miracles occur and we find ourselves in the PL next season Eddie Howe (as someone posted earlier) could be a viable shout. With all due respect to Bournemouth he will have taken them to a level this season that he won't be able to repeat ever again. Despite his achievements there I still cannot see one of the top PL clubs going for him until he has repeated his success at a 'bigger' club than Bournemouth. That could be Fulham IF we survive this season.