watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dream time - new manager

Started by Southcoastffc, February 16, 2019, 04:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

Really don't get the Wagner thing, we beat his teams easily in the championship when they got promoted with s negative goal difference. I would rather have Slav back with more say in transfer dealings.

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan

FulhamStu

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

filham

A big, big, risk whoever we appoint.  Just look at the managers appointed by Khan, not that good were they.

I actually thought Ranieri was a good appointment so I am certainly not going to make any more suggestions.

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan

One Martin Thomas

I really like the football Alex Neal plays with Preston. They're stylish but aggressive! With a few quid I think he would take us back up !

Statto

As far as I can tell Wagner seems to be the most popular choice solely based on finishing 5th in the Championship the season before last. Well Lee Johnson's Bristol have been there or thereabouts for the last couple of seasons albeit falling away towards the end of the season. If he gets them into the play-offs this season then for me, his CV is just as strong as Wagner's. And that's with the added difficulty of Bristol having 3 key players, Bryan, Flint and Reid, poached by bigger clubs in the summer. He also has the added bonus of being English, and not having walked away from his last job because he can't handle "the rigours of football management" (which is surely a pretty massive red flag for Wagner, by the way).

So Johnson wouldn't be my choice but I can't see why he should be behind Wagner on the list. 

jarv

I dont understand the aggression towards Moyes.  If he could turn Fulham into Everton everyone on here would be happy. Not sure if he can though, to be honest.  I have not seen any names mentioned which could do better than Moyes. 

jarv

Mark Hughes is available.... :005:

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer cos, lets be honest, he won't get the united job.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Allestree andy

Quote from: MJG on Today at 12:51:25 PM

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on Today at 12:11:54 PM

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on February 16, 2019, 09:18:13 PM

Lee Johnson

+1

why?

Could you tell what kind of style he likes his teams to play?

A winning style, at the moment.
Plus the fact that his dad and all his family support fulham as well as him so would give everything.
however i think wagner would be a great appointment
To the limit and beyond

Southcoastffc

I think that Johnson, Wagner, Moyes (Allardyce, though I can barely bring myself to type his name), all come into the unadventurous 'worthy but dull' category of appointments. I'd prefer a more imaginative far-seeing move, hence my suggestion for AVB or GVB (initals are entirely coincidental!). That said, we're probably all completely wrong.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: jarv on February 17, 2019, 08:07:05 PM
I dont understand the aggression towards Moyes.  If he could turn Fulham into Everton everyone on here would be happy. Not sure if he can though, to be honest.  I have not seen any names mentioned which could do better than Moyes. 

Everton were already Everton before Moyes arrived ! No one can turn a club of Fulham's size into Everton !

Moyes like Mourinho is old hat ! He won't get us up !

hovewhite

Slavisa.(don't think he'd come back however)

YankeeJim

There is a chap that is semi-retired up north. Perhaps he's up for a swan song. Some call him Old Red Nose.
Well, makes as much sense as others on here.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

@jolslover

Yh AVB would be unreal but he rejected us in Prem so why would he join us in champ?

Wagner would be good as would Karanka, Carvalhal would be good. Oscar Garcia would be good and I remember seeing CK say it was between him and Slavisa as the club wanted someone who could implement a possession based style. That's just managers off my head with Champ experience.
STH H3

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on February 17, 2019, 06:00:15 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 17, 2019, 12:51:25 PM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on February 17, 2019, 12:11:54 PM
Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on February 16, 2019, 09:18:13 PM
Lee Johnson

+1
why?

Could you tell what kind of style he likes his teams to play?

A winning style, at the moment.

Heard a Bristol City supporting sports journalist on the radio last week, his name escapes me. He said theyre playing some great football & Johnson has done a brilliant job after losing their 3 best players