more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ali Mac

Started by Wex, February 18, 2019, 10:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wex

Notice AM's reply regarding transfers to the supporters trust
"we discuss prospective transfer targets as soon as the window opens". Well Ali there lies the problem, one which has been repeated over the last 5 years. You need to identify targets before the window opens so we can get them so they can have a good pre season. What a bunch of doughnuts.

Statto

I particularly like this quote:

"AM reiterated that Tony Khan is... very knowledgeable about football in great detail."

David I

Quote from: Statto on February 18, 2019, 10:38:48 AM

"AM reiterated that Tony Khan is... very knowledgeable about football in great detail."

Quote from: Wex on February 18, 2019, 10:24:41 AM
Notice AM's reply regarding transfers to the supporters trust
"we discuss prospective transfer targets as soon as the window opens". Well Ali there lies the problem, one which has been repeated over the last 5 years. You need to identify targets before the window opens so we can get them so they can have a good pre season. What a bunch of doughnuts.
Were we not originally informed that they were already lining up transfer targets BEFORE the window?

hovewhite

Transfer committee more sense fron having Kermit and is Muppet mates running transfers.

Woolly Mammoth

No wonder we are where we are, it is the keystone cops running this circus after all.
I knew it, I just knew it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Southcoastffc

I think there is a danger that people (we) pounce on words which we take out of context and that we greatly simplify situations.  I can't remember under which Fulham coach/manager it was reported but my recollection is that we continually actively track  (or did then) 3 players for every position.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Wex

And that tracking is really working out isn't it.

Woolly Mammoth

But to be fair, they were hanging him upside down by his genitalia over a bear pit, when he made that ridiculous statement.

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 18, 2019, 11:16:55 AM

But to be fair, they were hanging him upside down by his genitalia over a bear pit, when he made that ridiculous statement.

I get the feeling that some of the other FFC staff might not be as knowledgeable about football as Tony Khan. The CEO and DOF needs to start by sacking anyone that knows less than him.

Matt10

So are we creating the narrative that those who work in the scouting/recruiting department just take the months off until January or something? Even then, is there no transcript in which someone in the trust asks the actual question: "Don't you lot find targets before the January transfer window opens"? Surely not, probably because it is a stupid thing to ask, let alone assume.   

Surely we can't be that defiant to our club that we assume this is how it operates. Let's just give the benefit of the doubt that there is much, much, more to the story than we're assuming.

I think AM did a good job in explaining why we didn't get who we wanted, either because the club wanted to perform the deal, but the player did not, or vice versa.

Statto

Quote from: Matt10 on February 18, 2019, 12:26:52 PM
So are we creating the narrative that those who work in the scouting/recruiting department just take the months off until January or something? Even then, is there no transcript in which someone in the trust asks the actual question: "Don't you lot find targets before the January transfer window opens"? Surely not, probably because it is a stupid thing to ask, let alone assume.   

Surely we can't be that defiant to our club that we assume this is how it operates. Let's just give the benefit of the doubt that there is much, much, more to the story than we're assuming.

I think AM did a good job in explaining why we didn't get who we wanted, either because the club wanted to perform the deal, but the player did not, or vice versa.

But there is quite a body of evidence building up to support that narrative, for example

- The CEO told the trust in this meeting that the Riverside stand work is "taking up most of his time"
- TK spent the start of the summer period larging it on holiday with the players (ok it may only have been a few days, but we only had c. 40 days from the play-off final to the start of pre-season, so you're potentially talking about 10% or more of that period)
- TK was working on his wrestling project in December 2018, before the January window (and I suspect in the US for Christmas)

It isn't just a case of saying players are signed late ergo we must be late starters in the transfer window, although obviously that remains a sensible and compelling argument in itself

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 18, 2019, 12:14:52 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 18, 2019, 11:16:55 AM

I get the feeling that some of the other FFC staff might not be as knowledgeable about football as Tony Khan. The CEO and DOF needs to start by sacking anyone that knows less than him.

Blimey we are in a worse position than I thought we were, if what your saying is correct. Because I get the impression that TK finds it difficult to know when a football is upside down. So what must the rest of them be like.

Never forget your Roots.

Wex

I will say this once and once only, there is no excuse, other clubs have managed it especially with the resources we had. People say, we were delayed by our play off success. No there should have been plan A. If we get promotion and plan B if we don't. All these should have been in place in March last year. Again, there is no excuse for this train wreck of a season.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Matt10 on February 18, 2019, 12:26:52 PM

Sorry but no more benefits of the doubt, or the same old manufactured excuses for failure, which may sound acceptable in a PR stunt from the Boardroom, but many of us have been around too long to be sucked in by nonsense. We have all forgotten more about football than these fresh faced Executives will ever learn.
They seem to forget that old English saying, never try and bullshite a bullshite r.

Never forget your Roots.

Wex

How many ineffective close seasons is that now due to getting players signed on the last day? Please, no more excuses,apart from incompetence.

snarks

I don't get this, I really don't. At the time we signed Fabri and Mawson, got Chambers in on loan, signed Mitro, Seri and Anguissa, Shurrle and TFM on loan, most were happy with that, and thought that we would do well - as did I. This constant re writing of history to point out that we now decry what happened is like a scene out of 1984 ("Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia").

Yes I hate this car crash of a season, but the constant revisionist sniping is overkill.

MJG

Quote from: snarks on February 18, 2019, 01:00:36 PM
I don't get this, I really don't. At the time we signed Fabri and Mawson, got Chambers in on loan, signed Mitro, Seri and Anguissa, Shurrle and TFM on loan, most were happy with that, and thought that we would do well - as did I. This constant re writing of history to point out that we now decry what happened is like a scene out of 1984 ("Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia").

Yes I hate this car crash of a season, but the constant revisionist sniping is overkill.
It's all very tiring I know and partly one reason why I'm not engaging in many discussions' on here at the moment.
The lines are drawn by many and the enemy as they see it are everyone who works at the club at this time in any position. Everything Slav touched was gold and anything done or attributed to others is complete rubbish.
It just hasn't worked out this season, crap happens and we are on the receiving end of it this year.
As fan you get on with it, do the best you can in supporting this club with a rational open mind to things as they are. It doesn't mean you agree with everything going on and wouldn't want better from the club, far from it, but some would be better to step back, read what they have written and see how off the scale some of it is.
Just the views of a long term fan

The Rational Fan

Quote from: snarks on February 18, 2019, 01:00:36 PM

But your wrong, Oceania have always been at war with Eurasia. I am not even sure what the problem is whether the recruitment, coaching or players is the problem.

Wex

We were happy ish as far as possible with there being no meaningful pre season training. Who wouldn't be, the most money spent by a newly promoted team. Surely that makes our recruitment excuses even less valid. To have spent that amount and then to have had the season we've had so far is inexcusable. They are meant to be the experts arnt they. How can you argue they don't deserve to lose their jobs. Most people in this site would lose their jobs if they displayed that level of incompetence. Not just this season. We might forgive that, but eight windows on the trot. Two injured centre backs on the bounce in the last six months. Come on

Fulham1959

Is there a report of the meeting on here ? - I can't find one.