News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Scam Alert....no not our transfer system.

Started by bog, February 20, 2019, 09:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

To all revered others of the Fulham brotherhood and beyond. If you should receive an email informing that your TV licence direct debit has not been paid do not answer. This is some scumbag lowlife operating at full throttle. :031: We paid ours in one lump so do not have a direct debit.

Thank you and good night. 

092.gif

filham

Thanks for the warning.
This sort of thing seems to be on the increase, we get frequent calls suggesting we are about to get broadband/computer failure from persons claiming to be from BT. I understand their aim is either to get into your computer  or to talk you into giving them a very small payment just so that they can get your credit card details.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes it's becoming a regular habit, I have never opened any of these scams since I got an email from someone calling himself Joseph Sepp Blatter, asking me for a good reference on behalf of someone calling himself Felix Wolfgang Magath.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on February 20, 2019, 10:19:59 AM
Thanks for the warning.
This sort of thing seems to be on the increase, we get frequent calls suggesting we are about to get broadband/computer failure from persons claiming to be from BT. I understand their aim is either to get into your computer  or to talk you into giving them a very small payment just so that they can get your credit card details.

Same with me, they will try anything.
I once got a call from some lady with a French accent calling herself Fifi Pink, offering me something called a Swedish Massage.
She even said her salon address was Basement Flat, 69, Greek Street, Soho.
Nice place she got actually, bigger than I thought.

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 20, 2019, 10:40:53 AM
Thanks for the warning.

I once got a call from some lady with a French accent calling herself Fifi Pink, offering me something called a Swedish Massage.

:005:

Jem

Often get calls telling me that my broadband is slow and they need my ip address, sometimes claiming to be from BT. Yeah right!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Fernhurst

Thanks Bog, I've recently changed my telephone number due to the torrent of sales calls I was receiving.
Very, very wary of opening any email I don't recognise. Be careful there are some really sophisticated email scams out there.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on February 20, 2019, 12:53:57 PM
Thanks Bog, I've recently changed my telephone number due to the torrent of sales calls I was receiving.
Very, very wary of opening any email I don't recognise. Be careful there are some really sophisticated email scams out there.

As with jem I get a lot of calls supposedly from BT as you say they are becoming very sophisticated.  ***k em!  :031:

092.gif

David I

Another scam to watch out for is a call claiming to be from the HMRC..
The number displayed on your phone screen shows as the number from the HMRC (looks authentic). However, the message adises that you are under investigation from the HMRC for tax evasion and to press option 1 to speak to an agent to resolve....

Hang up.

HMRC would never phone you and warn you..

Clever sneaky b@stards being able to display the actual HMRC telephone number......

Peabody

Fortunately, I qualify for the over 75 free tv license. For now anyway.

King_Crud

Woman have been warned about a scam, if a man knocks on your door claiming to be from the government and asking to see your bum don't let him in. It's a scam, he's not from the government. He just wants to see your bum.

bog

Quote from: Peabody on February 20, 2019, 03:29:54 PM
Fortunately, I qualify for the over 75 free tv license. For now anyway.

I hope to join you for that honour next year...mind you the BBC look to be having other ideas.... :022:

cottage expat

Thanks for the warning.

Are you sure she wasn't operating out of Mince's shed ?

gerrys

I keep getting that email.........and I don't even live in the U.K.  :005:

bog

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Not only BT phone calls . Several times I have had phone calls claiming to be Talktalk Technical Department telling me that my service has been running slower and going down more often than it should.
They ask you to turn on your computer and then input certain things. This is the start of them getting in to your computer. I have never actually got that far myself but they sound very convincing and professional.

john dempsey

biggest scam I had was from ffc.
telling me to buy a season ticket and be entertained

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: cottage expat on February 20, 2019, 06:01:40 PM
Thanks for the warning.

Are you sure she wasn't operating out of Mince's shed ?

Now that you mention it. !!

Never forget your Roots.