4-2-3-1

Rico

Christie         Odoi         Nordveit          Bryan

Chambers        Seri

Babel                 Cairney                   R.Sessegnon

Mitrovic

Bench: Fabri, Ream, Anguissa, Schurrle, Markovic, Vietto
wouldn't be a bad line up.

That should have been the formation blueprint for our survival from the start of the season Hove White. If we're to stand any chance of getting out of the mess we're in that is exactly the sort of line up we need.  :plus one:
think if from start of the season with that line up we'd be 3wins better off and I know Babel has only joined along with nordviet in January window but the basis of this team then we would have more of a chance.

filham

Well . we really have to do something different and try to find the tactics that worked in the second half against Brighton.

Rico
                                  Odoi         Niedviet      Ream      La Marchand

Chambers
                                                  Seri                          Cairney

Markov           Metrovic           Sess.

If Markov is not up to the pace then replace him with Babel.

Twig

Quote from: Camel Club on February 20, 2019, 04:12:13 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on February 20, 2019, 02:41:45 PM
Quote from: Moltobueno on February 20, 2019, 02:13:56 PM
4-2-3-1

Rico

Chambers        Seri

Mitrovic

That should have been the formation blueprint for our survival from the start of the season Hove White. If we're to stand any chance of getting out of the mess we're in that is exactly the sort of line up we need.  :plus one:

I tend to agree with this

Nero

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on February 20, 2019, 02:48:56 PM

I like this a back 6 you defend front 4 don't come back, run around up top create chances

davew

Quote from: Twig on February 20, 2019, 07:53:23 PM
Quote from: Camel Club on February 20, 2019, 04:12:13 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on February 20, 2019, 02:41:45 PM
Quote from: Moltobueno on February 20, 2019, 02:13:56 PM
4-2-3-1

Rico

Chambers        Seri

Mitrovic

I tend to agree with this
Sorry but I don't twig, I know we have to make do with what we have which is not a lot. 3 of the back 4 are not PL standard and I am on the jury that is out eagerly waiting to see Nordveit, Chambers and Seri possibly ok, Babel only here for the wages like Schurrle, Cairney and Sess disillusioned under CR's management and Mitro the only player I would pencil in first in our team. My suggestion for an alternative team that is likely to do better, got to be honest I don't have 1, we have tried them all already!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 20, 2019, 03:06:42 PM
Quote from: Milo on February 20, 2019, 02:05:35 PM
Definitely want to see Markovic as he was a permanent signing and could be around next year.

Also want to see R Sess back on the pitch.

Wasn't he signed for the rest of the season only though? Although of course more likely to stay than the loans of course.

Markovoic has played 26 first tier games in three seasons, his best option is to sign for a top team in the best second tier competition in the world and play every game, with a goal of coming back to first tier football. If Sessegnon or Babel leave, there is a first team place here.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Milo on February 20, 2019, 03:35:13 PM
Ps I think fabri will be off. I think he's a dodgy keeper personally having seen him live now a few times.

There's Rodak of course out on loan, and Betts to come back from injury. Suppose Norman just returned from Rochdale.. but see little point in playing him on Friday. I would keep Sergio Rico in goal until Betts/Rodak return.

If you want to sell Fabri, he'll get an extra few million if he plays a few games. Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City would be ideal opportunity to make a few saves.

twang

Rico
S Sessegnon - McDonald - Ream - Le Marchand
Chambers - Anguissa
Babel - Cairney - R Sessegnon
Mitrovic

bobby01

I am amazed at the number of people who have Nordveit as a starter. Came injured and noone has seen him play,odd.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Sting of the North

Quote from: twang on February 21, 2019, 12:59:25 PM
Rico
S Sessegnon - McDonald - Ream - Le Marchand
Chambers - Anguissa
Babel - Cairney - R Sessegnon
Mitrovic

I believe that defense there would show to be one of the worst ever seen in the PL. Not only have they not played together at all basically, but you also have at least two of them not playing in their preferred positions and one making his league debut. I also don't see why McDonald would all of a sudden go from not PL quality in his usual DM position to PL quality in a position he has really only played a very limited number of times (in a relatively much better team at that). But, you never now (and in this case, will probably never have to find out).

Milo

Quote from: bobby01 on February 21, 2019, 01:16:52 PM
I am amazed at the number of people who have Nordveit as a starter. Came injured and noone has seen him play,odd.

I suppose defence is one of those positions you don't give players a "quick run out" in the final ten minutes to see what they can do. Best to start him and see. Can always push the button at half time if going down a similar route as the Watford fiasco earlier in the season with Chambers/Mawson.

jarv

Cairney, Sessegnon , Mitro and 8 others.

ffcne

chrisburt13

I personally, would like to see the below. Get us back to a rigid 4-4-1-1 that we started with under Ranieri;

Rico

Christie  Chambers  Ream  Le Marchand

Markovic  McDonald Seri  Sessegnon

Cairney (c)

Mitrovic

Subs: Fabri, Odoi, Bryan, Anguissa, Babel, Schurrle, Vietto

I'm sure there will be a lot of disagreeing with the selection, but I genuinely believe that is our best 18, and arguably our best 11.

Picking the defence was hard and probably shows just how poor we are at the back, but I feel that Seri, Cairney, Sessegnon and Mitrovic pick themselves.

When back fit, i'd have Mawson back in the line-up instead of Ream, and Nordtveit, who knows! I honestly haven't seen enough of him to make a call as of yet.

MrFFC

For me

Rico

Odoi         Nordtviet      Le Marchand       Bryan

Chambers   Seri

Babel                 Cairney                   Sessegnon

Mitrovic

Subs - Fabri , Christie , Anguissa , McDonald , Markovic , Schurrle , Vietto
Come on you Whites!! :)

clarkey

I am amazed at how many choose Nordvelt. Last time I saw him play he was awful. It is such a shame about Mawson but Odoi and Ream did  us proud last year and have not been picked in the middle on their own which is just crazy.

Put both Sess brothers in, play Cairney in position and do not let Christie near the pitch or Schurle or Vietto...all useless

Rico

S Sessegnon - Odoi - Ream- MLM

Chambers - Seri

Babel          Cairney         Sessegnon

Mitrovic

Lets go down playing decent suff with ot best players. Was CR watching the second half v Brighton ?????

N_O_W_S

I think we all know Christie and Schurrle are starting in our hearts as gutting as it is.

Sess will come on when we are 3 down with 5 minutes left.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Milo on February 21, 2019, 01:24:41 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on February 21, 2019, 01:16:52 PM

I suppose defence is one of those positions you don't give players a "quick run out" in the final ten minutes to see what they can do. Best to start him and see. Can always push the button at half time if going down a similar route as the Watford fiasco earlier in the season with Chambers/Mawson.

I still wonder if Jokavoic overeacting to the Watford fiasco ruined our season. I still think our two best centre backs are Chambers and Mawson, everyone else is making mistakes all the time.

clarkey

Well CR screwed the selection process today by putting young Sess in the ±Under 23s so he cant play

he really is  a crap manager...did he watch the second half v Brighton at all ?

Sting of the North

Quote from: clarkey on February 22, 2019, 04:31:19 PM
Well CR screwed the selection process today by putting young Sess in the ±Under 23s so he cant play

he really is  a crap manager...did he watch the second half v Brighton at all ?

When you write "Young Sess" who do you refer to? Not Ryan surely?