watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Starting XIs against Burnley and Notts County

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, February 07, 2010, 01:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

We really are down to the bare bones now, moreso than we were a week ago, now with Gera, Bobatov and Dika injured. The fact that we only had one really attacking sub on the bench, possibly two if you include Riise, says it all. It may not be so dire yet, but I honestly think that recalling Wayne Brown and Omozusi from their loans and possibly just including Uwezu in the squad for more attacking power (he cant really do much worse than Nevland did yesterday) just to give us a bit more depth. These would be my starting XIs:

Burnley (League):

Schwarzer

Baird      Hughes      Hangeland      Shorey

Davies/Duff    Etuhu    Murphy     Greening

Okaka     Elm

Notts County (FA cup):

Schwarzer

Kelly/Stoor     Hughes    Smalling    Shorey/Kelly

Riise              Etuhu     Greening    Davies (if fit) / Gera (if fit)

Okaka    Elm

Lighthouse

V Burnley
Sw
Back 4
Riise Greening Etuhu Duff
Okaka Elm

V Notts County
Sw
Stoor Smalling Hangeland Kelly
Riise Murphy Baird  Gera or Greening
Nevland Elm.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Brede Butter Pudding

the only criticism of the team you have picked against Notts County is that we have the Europa a few days later. Okaka and Shorey are both unable to participate, so therefore shouldn't we rest the lads that can play and give Shorey and Okaka a run out considering they will be unable to play against Shakthar?

LRCN

against burnley the same back 5/midfield that played bolton (etuhu in for dikagcoi though), with okaka and zamora upfront
against notts county

schwarzer
kelly smalling hangeland shorey
riise etuhu murphy gera
okaka elm

Lighthouse

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on February 07, 2010, 01:31:11 PM
the only criticism of the team you have picked against Notts County is that we have the Europa a few days later. Okaka and Shorey are both unable to participate, so therefore shouldn't we rest the lads that can play and give Shorey and Okaka a run out considering they will be unable to play against Shakthar?

Yes fair enough.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Brede Butter Pudding

Woy said he picked up one of those 48 hour virus/bug things straight after the Pompey game and so he hopes he's back for Tuesday. I hope we do get to see him and he's then rested against Notts.

dannydog

thanks yeah I agree, maybe Gera or Davies can play on tuesday

Brede Butter Pudding

Actually, in Roy's 'reaction' on the official page the last part of the quote goes like this:

"February is going to be a very difficult month. We've got to keep fighting, battling, working hard and doing all the things we do on the Training Ground. If you want to see the Fulham we are capable of being it's going to be March or April - when the likes of Konchesky, Davies, Gera and Zamora come back."

Makes it sound like Bobby has some sort of serious injury? What do I know eh?

Yarden

If Gera is back I would like to see

MS

barid hughes hange shorey

riise etuhu murph duff

Gera

Okaka

Brede Butter Pudding

Not bad Yarden I like it, but I'm not sure how soon Gera is expected to return. I wish the club could give us some idea of the injuries players are suffering with and when they are due to return.

clintclintdeuce

If Shorey was not in the Villa side that was dismissed from the EL, he is eligible, as you are allowed to make three changes to your side into this round from the previous round.
The Dude abides.

Brede Butter Pudding

CCD he did play in the Europa League with Villa in the team that got knocked out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8215759.stm - He's even in the picture on the article!

clintclintdeuce

Well then, we have rearranged our squad very differently since we started in the Europa league.

Here is our registered players for the group stage, and the amount of games played. 

Goalkeepers
No. Name Pld goals
1 Schwarzer 5 0
12 Stockdale 1 0
19 Zuberbühler 0 0
38 Etheridge 0 0
39 Foderingham 0 0
41 Bettinelli 0 0

Defenders
No. Name Pld goals
2 Kelly 5 0
3 Konchesky 3 0
4 Pantsil 5 0
5 Hangeland 3 1
6 Baird 5 0
18 Hughes 4 0
26 Smalling 4 0
28 Watts  0 0
36 Anderson 0 0
37 Briggs 0 0
44 Marsh-Brown 0 0
45 Smith 0 0

Midfielders
No. Name Pld goals
11 Gera 5 2
13 Murphy 3 1
16 Duff 3 0
17 Riise 6 0
20 Etuhu 2 0
23 Dempsey 4 0
27 Greening 5 0
29 Davies 2 0
31 Saunders 0 0
42 Harris 0 0
43 Jones 0 0

Strikers
No. Name Pld goals
8 A. Johnson 1 0
10 Nevland 3 0
15 Kamara 3 2
25 Zamora 5 2
40 Uwezu 0 0

The Dude abides.

Brede Butter Pudding

See how ridiculous that is? I do not understand the striker situation at all. Okaka is not able to play, and Roy knew that when signing him. That leaves us with only Bobatov, Nevland and Owezu who has never played for the first team. OK we may have registered Elm but really, what striking power do we have at all? I can not believe we didn't get another front man along with Okaka. This is going to be a long, hard season from here on in.

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on February 07, 2010, 07:10:04 PM
See how ridiculous that is? I do not understand the striker situation at all. Okaka is not able to play, and Roy knew that when signing him. That leaves us with only Bobatov, Nevland and Owezu who has never played for the first team. OK we may have registered Elm but really, what striking power do we have at all? I can not believe we didn't get another front man along with Okaka. This is going to be a long, hard season from here on in.

Not to mention letting EJ go. He could have at least played in the cups, he is very capable, and scoring (1) in Greece so far. Roy must be very thick and my way or the highway type of guy to let go of 2 stikers that have the type of pace and panache as those two carry, knowing that AJ is hurt for the year, Dempsey is not back until at least March, and BZ has been carrying knocks throughout the year. It does make you wonder.
The Dude abides.

Brede Butter Pudding

Having read Roy's report on the Official website, I think we HAVE to start Bob and Okaka up front, and then take off Bob for Nevland. This is because we have an FA cup game on saturday and then a Europa League game on Thursday. Okaka will not be able to play against Shakhtar yet Bobby will, and so we should use Okaka as much as we can and save bobby's legs. Anyone else agree?

JBH

For Burnley

SCHWARZER

BAIRD
HUGHES
HANGERLAND
SHOREY

GREENING
MURPHY
ETUHU
DUFF
ZAMORA