watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (27/02/19)...

Started by WhiteJC, February 27, 2019, 07:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

What Tom Cairney has said about Ranieri, his position & Fulham's 'must-win' game at Southampton

Fulham travel to face Southampton at St Mary's in a crunch clash in the battle to avoid relegation

Tom Cairney says the equation is simple for Fulham this evening (Wednesday) - they must go to Southampton and win.

Claudio Ranieri's men make the trip to the south coast tonight still searching for their first away win of the season in the Premier League, after losing out 3-1 against West Ham on Friday night.

Fulham currently sit second from bottom in the Premier League, eight points from safety and seven behind their opponents in the table.

And the Fulham skipper says there is no alternative for his side when they make the trip to St Mary's.

"We have a must win game on Wednesday, it's as simple as that," Cairney said, speaking after the 3-1 defeat at West Ham on Friday.

"We have the big four coming up soon so no one expects us to get much out of those games so we have to go to Southampton and win."

After the 3-1 defeat at the London Stadium on Friday night, Fulham boss Claudio Ranieri said that his side would need a miracle to survive this season, with games to come against Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City at Craven Cottage in the coming weeks.

And Cairney insists that the belief is still there within the group that Fulham can pull off an unlikely escape, adding that the players remain behind the manager.

"It's still mathematically possible, as tough as it's going to be but we have to concentrate on ourselves and take it game by game," he said.

"I think there's still belief in what the manager is trying to do - he's won the league, he's managed top teams so we have to stick by his methods and stick with him and hope something will happen."

And Cairney insists that he will continue to do all he can to help the Whites in their battle to avoid the drop, despite being played out of position at times this season.

"Right wing isn't my favoured role but wherever the manager plays me I'll try and do what I do," he said.

"I'll try to come inside a bit and play between the lines and play with Mitro [Aleksandar] and [Ryan] Babel and stuff so I tried, but everyone knows my favoured position is the middle."

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/what-cairney-said-ranieri-southampton-15883431

WhiteJC

All To Play For Against Fulham Tonight

With just about every result going for Saints on Tuesday evening there is everything to play for when Saints take on Fulham at St Mary's this evening.

Saints fans took a nervous look at the scores on Tuesday evening, all of those directly above them where in action and all had very winnable games.

Cardiff were at home to Everton and a victory for them would have been a massive psychological blow to Saints ahead of tonight's game, Brighton were at the very erratic Leicester City and Newcastle were at home to Burnley.

By 10 pm there were some large sighs of relief in SO postcodes, Cardiff had been beaten 3-0 by the Toffee's to make it 8 goal's conceded and zero points in two home games where they might have expected to get a minimum of 2 points and perhaps 4.

Leicester had beaten Brighton to leave the Seagull's in a position similar to our own a year ago, they are now in freefall and only three points above ourselves going into tonight's game.

Newcastle beat Burnley 2-0 at home which was not a great result for us in that although it keeps Burnley looking over their shoulder Newcastle are now joining them on 30 points and the relegation scrap is now becoming very polarised.

In the final fixture played on the evening Huddersfield surprisingly beat Wolves, but they have a mountain to climb.

So that leaves us knowing that not only will a win against Fulham pull us out of the relegation zone and leave us two points clear but it will draw us level with Brighton, it will need a six goal win to take us above them on goal difference, but it will be a big psychological boost to us over both them and Cardiff City, not to mention that it will leave Fulham with one foot back in the Championship.

But we have to win first, two straight defeats have led to a minor meltdown for some supporters, but lie last year we have to keep our nerve, stay calm and concentrate on the task ahead.

For Fulham this is almost last chance saloon, defeat for them will leave them well adrift from safety needing three wins out of their last 10 games just to get out of the relegation one assuming that no one else picks up a point.

Ralph Hasenhuttl has done a great job at this football club so far, he has taken 15 points from 12 games, that a ratio of 1.25 per game, repeat that ratio in the last 11 and we will be safe.

Those that have knocked him in the past few days should remember that if he had been here from the start of the season with that ratio we would be level with Bournemouth and nowhere near the drop zone.

This probably tells you that the problem is not Ralph Hasenhuttl but the performances under Mark Hughes.

So all to play for tonight, we need to make St Mary's a cauldron tonight and make sure that at the final whistle we have all three points and are out of the relegation zone.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/49793/

WhiteJC

Inside St Mary's

Southampton fan James McAlister gives his take on what he expects to be a nervy encounter at St Mary's on Wednesday evening.

Are you surprised to see Saints in the bottom three presently?

Unfortunately not. We've had a bit of a flourish under the new manager recently, but given we were in a similar position last year, it isn't surprising.

What do you put it down to?

Where do you want to start? I think the 'business model' - buying up and coming players and selling them to Liverpool for a significant profit - is flawed. You're constantly having to replace them with equal or better quality, which unless you've got the best scouting network and contract negotiators in the world, isn't sustainable. For example, replacing THE best centre-back at the moment with someone who can't make the Denmark XI, is not a direct replacement.

Who have been your better performers this term?

James Ward-Prowse seems to have added something to his game, as has Nathan Redmond. However, I can't say that these players are capable of digging deep and turning a losing game into something better. It's that grit and character that turns 'decent' into 'exceptional'.

Do you think you've got enough about you to stay up?

Just about...I think there are at least two worse teams than us, we'll see about a third.

What are your thoughts on the new(ish) manager?

I think he's done a lot right, he's turfed out some of the weakest links such as Cedric Soares (I liked him, but he was poor defending crosses) and Wesley Hoedt (just awful). He has a similar character to Klopp, I just hope we see the same shrewd tactics!

How does he set the side up? What can we expect from Southampton?

It's a complete guess as to what side turns up! You can expect a lot of pressing from Shane Long, a lot of counter attacking from Redmond, and - on his day - a battle in midfield from Oriol Romeu. We will see!

Which Fulham players do you think could cause you problems?

I think the biggest enemy is ourselves... In the last minute against Cardiff we folded faster than a poker player with the runs. I rate Tom Cairney though!

Matty Targett earned hero status with us last year – how's he got on this season?

Ryan Bertrand has been our reliable first choice for years but he's been injured this season so Targett has started by default. I've always found him fairly reliable if unremarkable.

What was your take on the reverse fixture at Craven Cottage?

A typical performance. Capable of getting a goal, but no-one taking control at the back and we lose! Fulham wanted it more that day, I'm surprised we haven't seen you win more of your recent fixtures.

Any standout memories from Saints-Fulham games over the years?

Last time you were in the Premier League we won 3-0 at the Cottage and were on the ascendancy, with a lot of favourites in the squad. (Only Rickie Lambert gets anywhere near Le Tissier standards.) Other than that I always enjoyed watching Papa Bouba Diop, Steed Malbranque and Facundo Sava. What's he doing with a mask always in his sock?!

How do you see the match panning out?

Nervy... I'm hoping we grind out a win for once!

What score prediction are you going for?

2-1 Southampton win. A late goal deciding the tie. Why? Because it's the hope that kills you.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/february/27/inside-st-marys

WhiteJC

Ryan Sessegnon out, Andre Schurrle in - Fulham predicted starting XI vs Southampton

Fulham travel to the south coast in what is a vital game for their Premier League survival hopes

Fulham face Southampton in what is essentially a do-or-die game on the south coast, with defeat pretty much rubber stamping their drop back to the Championship.

It's 19th vs 18th in the Premier League but the Saints are seven points ahead of Claudio Ranieri's side going into tonight's game and defeat or the Whites would mean it's a ten-point gap to safety.

Victory would give some hope but to do that Fulham must win away from home for the first time this season in the top flight, something they failed to do last time out on Friday night at West Ham.

Ranieri tinkered with his team again, bringing back in Ryan Sessegnon and Tom Cairney before deciding to sub the youngster at half time for Lazar Markovic.

Team selection is vital this evening - here's what our Fulham reporter, Ryan O'Donovan, thinks the Italian might do on the south coast.

"We saw a debut for new 'defensive' signing Havard Nordtveit on Friday night but Fulham were still all at sea in defence and to have any chance of coming away from Southampton with points tonight that needs to be rectified immediately.

"Sergio Rico looked unconvincing in goal at the London Stadium but he'll start again for sure tonight, while I think we might see a the back four stay the same at St Mary's this evening.

"That means Denis Odoi, Nordtveit, Tim Ream and Joe Bryan will all keep their places in defence, while I think it'll be a midfield unit of Jean-Michael Seri, Calum Chambers and Tom Cairney once more.

"Cairney proved his worth to the team in the second half as he dragged them by the scruff of the neck and I can't see anyway Ranieri doesn't pick him tonight to pick holes in a dodgy Saints defence.

"After hauling Sessegnon off on Friday night I don't think Ranieri will go with him again, and I think he could plump for either Andre Schurrle, who missed the game with a virus, or Markovic, who made his debut in the second half at West Ham.

"Just because of the experience and Ranieri seems to like him I'm going to go with Schurrle in a front three with Aleksandar Mitrovic and Ryan Babel, who bagged his first goal for the side in the 3-1 defeat.

"Fulham: Sergio Rico, Odoi, Nordtveit, Ream, Bryan; Chambers, Seri, Cairney; Schurrle, Babel, Mitrovic"

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/ryan-sessegnon-out-andre-schurrle-15893672

WhiteJC

Audi Rings Challenge

Three lucky Fulham fans will have the chance to participate in our West London Audi Giant Rings challenge at half-time of our upcoming SW6 derby against Chelsea.

The winner of the half-time challenge will claim a VIP day out for two at the DTM Brands Hatch on Sunday 11th August. The runners-up will both win some signed Fulham merchandise courtesy of West London Audi.

To enter, tell us who is the missing player from our 1-0 win over our local rivals in 2006.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/february/27/audi-rings-challenge

WhiteJC

Next at Home: Chelsea

Secure your seats for next week's West London derby as Fulham face Chelsea in the Premier League on Sunday 3rd March, kick-off 2:05pm.

Season Ticket Holders, Members and supporters with a Booking History can all purchase up to two tickets each, priced from £30 adults & £20 juniors.

Tickets can be purchased online, by phone on 0203 871 0810 (opt. 1) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

Matchday Hospitality
Why not enjoy the SW6 derby in style, with Matchday Hospitality at the historic Fulham Palace, just a short walk from Craven Cottage, available from £199 (+VAT) per person.

Home to the Bishop of London since 704, enjoy a drinks reception on arrival, as well as a delicious two-course meal alongside inclusive beers, wines and soft drinks, before making the short trip to the Cottage to watch the action unfold.

Book your place today online, by calling our hospitality team on 020 8336 7555 or by emailing [email protected]

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/february/27/fulham-v-chelsea-tickets

WhiteJC

Southampton vs Fulham: Match preview

Saints take on Fulham on Wednesday night in what can only be referred to as a relegation six-pointer. Fulham are 23 points off the sought after 40-point mark while Saints are 16 points away.

A win for either side could go incredibly far in making up that deficit a little. With Southampton having some tough fixtures coming up and Fulham already seven points behind Southampton, the team that loses here are really struggling to make up the ground they need.

The Saints are likely to stick with the five at the back formation, including two wing backs that they have used at home recently against Crystal Palace and Cardiff. They could play the same 5-3-2 formation that they have continuously used under Ralph Hasenhuttl. Angus Gunn is likely to retain his place in goal after a decent performance against Arsenal. Maya Yoshida could come in for a struggling Jack Stephens and the rested Ryan Bertrand should return in place of Matt Targett.

With Michael Obafemi out for the season and Danny Ings still missing, Charlie Austin could come in for either Stuart Armstrong or James Ward-Prowse against a Fulham side struggling to keep out the goals.

Fulham have lost their last three games, conceding eight and scoring just one, most recently in a 3-1 defeat to West Ham. Fulham could stick with the 4-4-1-1 formation they played with last time out, with their main danger men being Ryan Babel and Aleksandar Mitrovic.

They have no new injury concerns, however as it is a must win game for them too, Lazar Markovic could come into the side to cause problems. They may even revert to 4-4-2 and partner Mitrovic with Luciano Vietto up front, with the latter yet to really prove himself under Ranieri.

Both sides are very much struggling to keep the ball out of their respective nets. Between them, the sides have one clean sheet in 17 games in all competitions, so there should be goals in this game.

It could be a crucial game for Austin in front of goal as he will get chances against a struggling Fulham defence. Another battle to watch out for is Oriol Romeu against John Michael Seri. Saints lost the midfield battle largely against Arsenal, so they will need to be stronger here in order to progress up the pitch and take the pressure off themselves.

Last time the sides met, the match ended 3-2 to Fulham in a match that ultimately ended Mark Hughes' eight-month stay as manager. Mitrovic had a lot of space that day, however, fortunately, the man to blame for two of Fulham's goals, Wesley Hoedt, has been shipped off to Spain in a move that was met by the joy of many Saints fans.

Armstrong was the key man that day and no doubt will be again this time around. I'm expecting a very scrappy and nervy game, while there could also be a few mistakes at the back. However, I predict a nail-biting Saints 2-1 win.

https://readsouthampton.com/2019/02/27/southampton-vs-fulham-match-preview/

WhiteJC

Southampton   v   Fulham
Barclays Premier League

Saints take on Fulham knowing that a win will lift them clear of the bottom three and although not in the final straight approaching the last corner, but defeat will see them facing an uphill task.

Before the cynics start pointing out a number of negative things like the January transfer window, we should go into this game with the positives and that is so far the job Ralph Hasenhuttl has done has been good, if he repeats his first 12 games points total in the final 11 then we will stay up with ease.

That points total has been achieved in the main without any of the player s who have left and certainly without those who did not come in the January window, so although yes we do lack a good quality central defender and a striker, injuries to Michael Obafemi keeping him out till the end of the season change nothing, Obafemi prior to his short cameo on Sunday had played only once under Hasenhuttl that being 25 mins as a sub at Fulham.

The squad that Hasenhuttl has to work with is exactly the same as the one that he has done well with so far and he has done well, we start the day in the bottom three not because of the games he has won and lost, but because of the dire job Mark Hughes did at the start of the season.

Tonight we need to be focused, at the back it will be no surprise to see Jack Stephens out of the starting line up, he needs to be taken out of the firing line, the only question will be whether he will be replaced by Yoshida in a back three or we will stay with the back four who played in the second half at the Emirates.

Personally Im leaning towards a back three but I would bring in Ryan Bertrand as the third defender with Vestergaard and Bednarek to add experience and pace then I would play a central trio of Hojbjerg, Romeu and Ward Prowse with Matt Targett and Jan Valery as wing backs.

Up front I would have Shane Long and Nathan Redmond playing just behind him, this would enable us to get forward fast with Long as a target man to try and hold the ball up where necessary to bring Nathan Redmond into the game.

On the bench I would have Charlie Austin, Stuart Armstrong, Mo Elyounoussi, Yoshida, Josh Sims and Sam Gallagher, an attacking line up yes, but this is a must win game and it does cover all bases.

We need to be positive from the start and not let nerves get the better of us, we should remember that Fulham like Cardiff are only anywhere near us because we gave them goals that cost us dearly, it is all if's and buts but take away Cardiff's six points against us and make it two then we are well clear of them, likewise Fulham, we gifted them all three goals up at Craven Cottage, if they had lost that game they would be below Huddersfield going into this game.

Saints have lost less games than any of those around them including Brighton, our problem is we struggle to finish off a game, if we score goals we concede them, if we dont concede we don't score it's catch 22

That tells us we should play without fear, we win this game and it is massive, we have to go someway to repairing those costly defeats just mentioned, these stats tell us we are not a bad side, we have just made stupid errors.

All footballers make errors, that is not a crime, the crime is to keep making them and that is why we are where we are, Ralph Hasenhuttl must be tearing his hair out at the same players making the same errors, but he does need to do something about it, it can't keep happening.

This squad got us into trouble under Mark Hughes, under Ralph Hasenhuttl it has improved and can continue to improve, but we have to beat those around us, that means starting tonight by beating Fulham.

The team need the crowd behind them, it is backs to the wall and everyone kicking in the same direction, we all do that and we can beat Fulham and beat them well.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/49795/

WhiteJC

Southampton team news: Danny Ings to miss game against Fulham

Southampton play in the Premier League against Fulham at St Mary's on Wednesday. The game sees two club's who are threatened with relegation facing off against each other and both will be looking for nothing less than three points.

The Saints head into the game in 18th position with 24 points from 27 games. A win could see them move out of the drop zone as they are currently just one point behind 17th placed Cardiff City.  The South Coast club can head into the game with confidence as they have a brilliant home record against their opponents. They are unbeaten in 19 home league games against the Cottagers which dates back to 1935 as reported by the BBC.

Southampton desperately need a win in order to boost their confidence as they look to avoid the drop this season. They have not won during their past four games and have lost their last two.

However, the Cottagers did win when the club's faced off in the league last November as they won 3-2. If they prevail this time, Claudio Ranieri's side will complete a league double over the Saints for the first time ever.

Ralph Hasenhuttl's side will have to make do without the services of key striker Danny Ings due to a hamstring problem as reported by the BBC.

The report added that striker Michael Obafemi is also likely to miss out also due to a hamstring problem while Mario Lemina is another player who will likely not play a part in the game.

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/southampton-team-news-danny-ings-to-miss-game-against-fulham/

WhiteJC

Premier League relegation great escapes: Hope for Huddersfield and Fulham?
Southampton host relegation rivals Fulham on Wednesday

Fulham and Huddersfield are both fighting to beat the drop this season

Jan Siewert believes bottom-of-the-table Huddersfield have what it takes to stay in the Premier League this season, but history says it is going to take a miracle to survive.

Steve Mounie scored a dramatic injury-time winner to end Huddersfield's three-month winless run as they beat Wolves 1-0 on Tuesday night to move on to 14 points.

Meanwhile, 19th-placed Fulham travel to fellow strugglers Southampton on Wednesday evening looking for a win that would move them on to 20 points in the standings.

Either way, though, no team has ever avoided the drop having collected 17 points or fewer after 28 games of a Premier League campaign before.

But, there is still some hope for both clubs as these past great escapes demonstrate...

Portsmouth (2005/06)
Scenario with 10 games to go: Had 18 points and were eight points behind 17th-placed West Brom.

Outcome: Harry Redknapp's side managed to pick up 20 points in the run-in to finish in 17th, with their survival guaranteed thanks to a final-day 2-1 win at Wigan Athletic - secured thanks to Matt Taylor's penalty - a victory that relegated West Brom and Birmingham.

Fulham (2007/08)
Scenario with 10 games to go: Had just 19 points and were sitting six points behind Bolton in 17th.

Outcome: Roy Hodgson masterminded Fulham's great escape after securing 17 points in their final 10 games to stay up on goal difference from Reading. However, the Cottagers still needed to win their final three away games to beat the drop, culminating in a 1-0 victory at Portsmouth on the last day of the campaign.

Leicester City (2014/15)
Scenario with 10 games to go: Had also picked up just 19 seven points to leave the Foxes seven points behind 17th-in-the-table Sunderland, although they had played one game less than all their relegation rivals.

Outcome: Nigel Pearson's men somehow managed to turn their form on its head by accruing an incredible 22 points from their final 10 fixtures, with their survival confirmed with a draw at Sunderland in May 2015.

And this is the most amount of points ever gained from a relegation-threatened club with just 10 games to go of a Premier League season.

A run like that for either Huddersfield, or Fulham, and they will certainly have a chance of playing in the Premier League next season.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11649714/premier-league-relegation-great-escapes-hope-for-huddersfield-and-fulham

WhiteJC

Claudio Ranieri fighting to convince his squad over Fulham's survival tactics

Ranieri in desperate need of a win. ( Getty images )

Claudio Ranieri is facing a battle to stop Fulham players losing faith in his philosophy as the club drifts aimlessly towards relegation.

Fulham are eight points from safety with 11 games remaining and defeat at Southampton tonight could be the final nail in the coffin for their survival hopes.

Many of the players appear to be uncomfortable playing with Ranieri's defensive style. The Italian insists on a more compact, solid way of playing but seven defeats from their last eight games have sapped confidence from a squad used to playing free-flowing football under Slavisa Jokanovic.

Fulham captain Tom Cairney admitted this week it has been difficult to keep morale high amid the club's difficulties. When asked if the players still believe in Ranieri's approach, he said: "Yeah, I think so. He has won the Premier League and managed top teams so we have got to stick by his methods and hopefully something will happen."

It was hardly a ringing endorsement and was in marked contrast to the unequivocal backing Cairney gave to Jokanovic in the weeks before he was sacked last November.

Asked then if he felt Jokanovic could turns things around, Cairney said: "One hundred per cent. He is a top manager and I have no doubt in my mind that he will manage a top team one day.

"His ideas, the way he thinks, the way he tries to get his teams to play, he is top drawer. Everyone is behind him."

That Ranieri did not receive a similar backing is perhaps an insight into the mood at the club. There is a growing air of resignation and acceptance that relegation is inevitable. Defeat tonight would leave them 10 points adrift from safety, with fixtures against Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool and Manchester City to come next month.

Fulham's biggest problem is conceding goals. Ranieri has been unable to tighten up a defence that have let in 61 goals in 27 matches.

"Every match now for us is like a final," Ranieri has told his players. "We have to be together. We have to believe."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham/claudio-ranieri-fighting-to-convince-his-squad-over-fulhams-survival-tactics-a4078161.html

WhiteJC

Report: Brendan Rodgers threatened to quit Celtic after Fulham's Boyata bid

Brendan Rodgers left Celtic to return to the Premier League with Leicester City on Tuesday but could have departed the Scottish Premiership side in August.

Brendan Rodgers threatened to leave Celtic last summer when the Scottish Premiership champions considered selling Dedryck Boyata to Fulham, as reported by Herald Scotland.

Rodgers walked away from the Hoops on Tuesday after less than three trophy-laden years in charge, taking the reigns at Leicester City after making it clear that he wanted to return to the Premier League.

The decision caused plenty of shock north of the border, with Celtic forced to bring Neil Lennon back to Glasgow on an interim basis until the summer with two domestic cups still on offer.

But it seems that Rodgers could have left a lot sooner if Boyata had been sold to Fulham in the final month of the summer transfer window.

Herald Scotland report that the Cottagers had offered £9 million for the Belgium international and Celtic wanted to take the money, given that Boyata is out of contract in July and therefore set to leave for free.

But it is understood that Rodgers threatened to quit if Boyata was sold. The former Manchester City youngster was a key man at Parkhead after all, arguably the club's best centre-half.

These reports perhaps shine a light on the divisions between Rodgers and the Celtic chiefs. With this in mind, it is perhaps no surprise he walked away.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/02/27/do-report-brendan-rodgers-threatened-to-quit-celtic-after-fulham/

WhiteJC

Ralph Hasenhuttl explains why he thinks relegation is done for Fulham if they lose to Southampton

Claudio Ranieri's side travel to St Mary's in a crucial Premier League match for survival

Ralph Hasenhuttl reckons Fulham know tonight is a must-win game against his Southampton side because if they lose, they are done.

Defeat would see the Whites drop to ten points away from safety - a huge number with only ten matches left to play after tonight's tie.

Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City are all facing Fulham at Craven Cottage in the next month leaving the side with a daunting challenge to safe their Premier League status.

A victory tonight, a first away win of the season, would give the side some hope that they can claw their way out of the relegation zone, but it won't be an easy task.

Fulham decided to sack Slavisa Jokanovic and move for Ranieri when they hear that the Saints might go bite the bullet and go for the Italian too, but instead they opted for Hasenhuttl who has done reasonably well since arriving.

For them, a win tonight would go a huge way in securing their own survival and ahead of the game Hasenhuttl believes their match with Fulham is 'should-win' for his side.

He said: "I don't want to say the pressure is more on Fulham, but they are eight points away from the line, and we are only one.

"It's an important game but not the final game – we still have ten games after tonight. I think he [Claudio Ranieri] knows it's a must-win for him because if they lose they are 10 points away and then it's done I think.

"For us, it's a should-win because we're also under the line. At the moment we are both relegated. That's for sure.

"But also, the teams that have more points than us at the moment, if they think they're safe now, I think that's the wrong thought.

"There are 33 points available from here which means everyone can get a lot. And for us, it's not a new situation.

"When I began here I said that at the end that's the moment where you need to be above the line. It can take until the last game until you're there, where you want to be.

"So, if a club thinks they're safe before the final game they're wrong.

"For us, it's not a new situation. We've had this pressure from the first day I was working here and that keeps on until the last game and we're prepared for that."

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/ralph-hasenhuttl-explains-thinks-relegation-15893776

WhiteJC

Club announce they are looking into Fulham summer transfer in more detail, no legal action yet

Once linked with some of the top teams in the Premier League and Barcelona, Jean-Michael Seri shocked a lot of people when he eventually decided to leave Nice to sign for Fulham.

The Ivory Coast international has since been a regular for the Cottagers, appearing 27 times in the league this season, scoring one goal and picking up three assists.

However, since the transfer was completed, stories have emerged about some rather suspicious affairs going on behind the scenes, and reports suggested ASEC Mimosas, one of the player's former clubs, were ready to take Nice to court over unpaid solidarity contributions.

That isn't the case, as the Ivorian club, taking to their website with a statement, explained the situation.

They state they have not launched legal action against either OGC Nice or Fulham as of Tuesday February 26th, but other avenues are being looked at.

ASEC Mimosas explain they have 'joined other clubs who helped the player develop' in 'hiring a specialised practice' in order to get 'precise information' regarding the money they are owed.

The statement ends by revealing the findings will be used to 'calculate' how much they should receive from Fulham for the transfer.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-announce-looking-fulham-summer-transfer-detail-no-legal-action-yet/

WhiteJC

English Premier League: Southampton plays Fulham in bottom-table battle

Probably the most important three points of the season these two will play each other for. Southampton welcomes Fulham to the St. Mary's grounds for a bottom-table battle.

The second worst team takes on the third worst team of the English Premier League. Both clubs have already begun the process of adapting to new footballing philosophies and obtained new managers between their last meeting and now.

When talking new managers, it appears only one club has taken to the new style, while the other struggles week in and week out. Ralph Hasenhuttl has a valid excuse to take three points here, and that's beat a scared and traumatized Claudio Ranieri and Fulham side on home turf.

Nothing suggests that Fulham will come to the Saint's holy land capable of taking three points. But this is football! Anything can happen in this game we love so dear!

Match Details:
Venue – Saint Mary's Stadium
Kickoff – 8 pm
Match Official – Graham Scott

Fulham steps onto the pitch as the worst conceded team in the Premier League with 64 goals put by them. Saints have been a bit better at defending their Premier League survival as they come into this one as the sixth worst with 46 goals let in.

We can be very sure there will be goals this evening in this one. Attacking hasn't really been a problem. They've too, just been unlucky in front of goal. Southampton can get out of the bottom three, while Fulham can only manage to draw themselves closer if they take all the shares.

Both teams situations prior to the game

The home side has seen more celebrations since the last meeting between the two. Fulham departed ways with their old manager before Southampton, yet it's the former of the two who have accumulated more points and better results.

Losses in their (Saints) last two outings leave them in a sticky situation where they could go five games without a win. Their last win was the one which came against Everton. Since then, they've only managed to pick up two points.

Their counterpart for the night has only picked up two wins since the last clash between them and the Saints. However, the last result saw the Cottagers come away with three points (Fulham 3-2 Southampton), so they will be looking to add to this stat.

Claudio Ranieri's men have not been able to keep out the goals. They've conceded two or more goals since their win over bottom-of-the-table Huddersfield. A well-matched tie between two bottom dwellers.

Feeling for a Southampton win here, with Fulham showing little to no signs of finding form. No injury concerns for Fulham of late. Southampton goes the rest of the season without Michael Obafemi and Danny Ings is still out with a hamstring problem.

https://thetopflight.com/2019/02/27/english-premier-league-southampton-plays-fulham-in-bottom-table-battle/