watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who do we want as our new manager?

Started by Birmingham White, March 01, 2019, 11:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birmingham White

My choice would be a manager that likes to play attacking football but also creates a team that is effective without the ball.
We have struggled to keep possession this season because teams press us so well.
When the opposition have the ball we are dis-organised and don't work hard enough to win it back.

My picks would therefore be:

Lee Johnson - Bristol City
Plays attacking football, team works very hard, develop and play their youth.
He also had to sell 3 of his best players last season (Flint, Reid, Bryan).

David Wagner - Huddersfield
His teams are also organised, work hard and play attacking football.
I know they have struggled this season but his budget has been small.

Outside pick:

Garry Monk - Birmingham
I have been hearing really good things about him from the Blues fans up here.
His team is organised and most definitely are punching above their weight as they have no money.

I do not want Steve Clark and I think it will be a big mistake appointing him.
The moment we start losing games the crowd will be on his back over the Reading fiasco and his Chelsea connections.

I also don't want David Moyes (not because he's not good) but because he tends to play quite defensive football.
I think at FFC we expect a different style of football as fans and that is why we loved Slav.

Who do you all want as manager? 

COYW's

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Wagner or Monk. Preferably Wagner tho. He did wonders at Huddersfield to be honest.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

FFC1987

Might be mocked and told its not possible but I want Slavisa back but with more control over transfers.

Skatzoffc

Alan Pardew was in the pub in wimbledon village last night.
Coincidence?

Please, Please, Please be a coincidence.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

snarks

I want a manager that plays a possession based pressing game, with pace in attack, skill in midfield and a strong defence, someone who nurtures youth. Pochettino is the best example of the type we're  after. As the current trend is for German Managers to play that way, then I would go for someone German - not Wagner tho' maybe the guy at Barnsley who MJG mentioned a while back.

Mince n Tatties

ALG01

I think we need a younger more hungry and hopefully British manager
Some of the names mentioned are not my choice and some I favour.

British because I think they will understand the psyche of the place and more likely to give us what we want.
However an imaginative overseas man is not unacceptable, i would never have thought of JT when we got him but what a jackpot he was.

I think it time to think beyond the 'usual suspects.' My feeling is we need a new broom and no obvious baggage.

Despite all that
I have to say Lee Johnson may not be a bad idea but would he actually think this was a good move?

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

I Ronic

Quote from: snarks on March 01, 2019, 12:29:48 PM
I want a manager that plays a possession based pressing game, with pace in attack, skill in midfield and a strong defence, someone who nurtures youth. Pochettino is the best example of the type we're  after. As the current trend is for German Managers to play that way, then I would go for someone German - not Wagner tho' maybe the guy at Barnsley who MJG mentioned a while back.

Scotty stepped in and paid the fines when a couple of the youth players fell foul of Felix. If he asked for Gray to help him. Then I'd give him a crack at it. Seems an upright and decent bloke with a good footballing brain.

twang

Slav if there's even the slightest chance of him coming back. Otherwise Daniel Stendel.

But most importantly: Nicola Cortese to replace Tony Khan.

bog

Quote from: FFC1987 on March 01, 2019, 11:28:31 AM
Might be mocked and told its not possible but I want Slavisa back but with more control over transfers.

Totally agree.  :54:

092.gif

David I

Riverside

Parker

Would mean he has made a success of the next 10 games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALG01

Quote from: bog on March 01, 2019, 01:07:50 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on March 01, 2019, 11:28:31 AM

Totally agree.  :54:

092.gif

So do I but I cannot imagine that it will ever happen.

ffcne

Allestree andy

lee johnson as i have followed his career for sometime, on a tight budget he has prouced some very good players (flint,Reid) plays football that is entertaining to watch and i for one think he will relish the chance tomanage the club he supports along with t]his dad gary.
would wenger relish the challange?
To the limit and beyond

Mince n Tatties

Steeeeeeeeeed

I hope it goes well for Parker, and that he is given the start of next season. I think he has a very good pedigree as a player with some great experience (good and bad) for a team such as Fulham. One thing that seems to shine through in him is determination, the guy actually won the Football Writers Award for footballer of the year even though his team at the time (West Ham) got relegated.

Scott could well be the man.

fulhamben

I want  manger who likes pacey wingers who can run at players. The game against saints had to of been the slowest fulham team I've ever seen. And not one of them had the ability to take players on, not one
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

sarvenpa

Quote from: fulhamben on March 01, 2019, 03:04:55 PM
I want  manger who likes pacey wingers who can run at players. The game against saints had to of been the slowest fulham team I've ever seen. And not one of them had the ability to take players on, not one

Agree, hope we never see that again!