watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Match feedback U23s Vs Leeds

Started by BishopsParkFantastic, March 15, 2019, 08:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BishopsParkFantastic

Only got into the match at Guiseley at half time. Crazy that we lost, being 2-1 up and dominating the match against 10 men (with their goalkeeper having been sent off) and conspiring to lose from a rare effective second-half attack from Leeds.....their equaliser came from a run down the wing to the line, low cross into the Fulham goalmouth and easy tap in goal; that was it (all sounds familiar?). We lost the match on penalties; however, I am making this post to give the highest praise to our team - oldest aged 20 and youngest 17. It was a very big crowd at Guiseley, and I am so pleased to have witnessed our U23 team playing with great individual skill and vision, team determination, some fantastic team play and lots of confidence shown by our young players - a huge credit to themselves and the club. I am so impressed by our young players, by their commitment, skill and attitude on the pitch, difficult even to pick out a MoM - they were all really that good! A lot to look forward to next season and into the future........

ffcne

Complimentary post on The Fulham Independent site from a Leeds Fan.
Reckons O Reilly is a premier league player.
And their team included 4 first team players.
And we were the best team they had seen this season.

filham

We really need a couple of home grown youngsters in our first team next season instead of expensive imports .
Are Steve Sess and O'rielly ready to step up yet.

snarks

Disappointed that S Sess played last night, means he's not in the squad for Sunday.

Jamie88

I really do think that Parker has to start giving a few of the U23 players a turnout before the end of the season. We are as good as done and dusted, give a few of them some first team minutes, we will potentially need them next year

SG

Quote from: Jamie88 on March 15, 2019, 12:36:56 PM
I really do think that Parker has to start giving a few of the U23 players a turnout before the end of the season. We are as good as done and dusted, give a few of them some first team minutes, we will potentially need them next year

We are done - 13 points to make up and in reality only 7 games to do it in.
I would ditch all the loanees and those who are on 6 month contracts as they will not be here next season and as you say bring in those that it is believed will be brought through from the U23s along with those we want to stay. We have to build for the future

The Rational Fan

It's no accident that the last two seasons the automatic promotions have gone to teams that finished almost exactly mid-table the season before, because those teams start to sort out next years teamwork now and the season is too long for a decent pre-season.

Position in 16/17 Table: 12th Cardiff City and 15th Wolverhampton Wanderers
Position in 17/18 Table: 13th Leeds United and 14th Norwich City

It's one reason that team promoted to Premier League via the playoff goes down 61% of the time (and increasing in a few weeks).