watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team v Liverpool

Started by Friendsoffulham, March 15, 2019, 12:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

What is your preferred 11 v Liverpool? Let us know below..

#FFC #FULHAMFC #FULLIV #COYW

Moltobueno

Milo

Quote from: Moltobueno on March 15, 2019, 07:25:13 AM
Seri needs to start.

Agree!

We will lose regardless and we have to remember this game is a training match for next season.

Seri for Chambers. Keep MacDonald as he will be here next year.

Anguissa on for MacDonald around 60 mins.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Milo on March 15, 2019, 09:15:36 AM
Seri needs to start.

Agree!

We will lose regardless and we have to remember this game is a training match for next season.

Good plan.  049:gif

ffcne

Quote from: Milo on March 15, 2019, 09:15:36 AM
Seri needs to start.

Agree!

Why drop Chambers for Seri?
Chambers has been one of our best and committed players.
Whereas Seri ??
Lets try and put up a fight the last few games.
Worry about next season later.

RaySmith

You've always got to try to win, and play your best team.
People are paying to watch, and cheer the team on.

ffcne

Quote from: RaySmith on March 15, 2019, 10:08:20 AM
You've always got to try to win, and play your best team.
People are paying to watch, and cheer the team on.

Totally agree .
Lets try and beat the team that just beat Bayern Munich.
And also derail their title hopes.

Milo

"Worrying about next season later" was partly to blame for this season! Eg last minute signings, lots of loans.

Instead of viewing it as laying down our sword.. why not think of it as an FA cup game of next year's Championship Fulham v Liverpool. Ie, lets give it a good go!!

The earlier we build the better.

Ps it's only one position!

ffcne

Quote from: Milo on March 15, 2019, 10:13:52 AM
"Worrying about next season later" was partly to blame for this season! Eg last minute signings, lots of loans.

Instead of viewing it as laying down our sword.. why not think of it as an FA cup game of next year's Championship Fulham v Liverpool. Ie, lets give it a good go!!

Who knows what will happen .
Which players will be here ?
Who will the manager be?
Will some of the high earners be sold?

Play strongest side ,and show some fight.
I believe Parker will feel like this  .
Only at Fulham would  people suggest  we throw the towel in .
Laughable to say treat it like a training game.

Milo

Quote from: ffcne on March 15, 2019, 10:23:40 AM

Who will the manager be?

Laughable.

Switching Seri for Chambers is throwing the towel in? Eh?

ffcne

Quote from: Milo on March 15, 2019, 10:25:47 AM

Who will the manager be?

Laughable.

Not playing just about our best and most consistent player for
someone who has done nothing since Brighton away.

Laughable'' its only one position''.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ffcne on March 15, 2019, 10:30:11 AM

Who will the manager be?

Laughable.

If you don't rate Seri and would prefer £35m for FFC instead, then may I remind you everyone in football is watching the next two games, a MOTM in this game may make your dreams come true (i.e. sell Seri and Anguissa for a profit and reinvest in other players). 

Riversider

Playing Chambers and McDonald hasn't made the blindest bit of difference, so one of them has to make way,
So then, do we drop the player that is returning to Arsenal in 9 games time or the player that is going to be battling for us next season ?
Only an idiot would suggest we continue with Chambers , truly, what would be the point ?
Planning for 2019/2020 must start now, nothing to gain in delaying it.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Riversider on March 15, 2019, 11:33:39 AM
Playing Chambers and McDonald hasn't made the blindest bit of difference, so one of them has to make way,
So then, do we drop the player that is returning to Arsenal in 9 games time or the player that is going to be battling for us next season ?
Only an idiot would suggest we continue with Chambers , truly, what would be the point ?

Surely part of the planning could include getting back some dignity and confidence, at least the latter which is something the team is severely lacking at the moment. Good, competitive performances would help in that regard. That could be a reason to play Chambers if you believe that he is better than the alternatives. It is also not like McDonald is new to the club and doesn't know any of his teammates. He doesn't need settling in, and the club don't need to see him play in order to be able to assess whether or not he can be of use next season.

You may believe that I am an idiot for the above opinion, but then so be it.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on March 15, 2019, 11:39:02 AM

Surely part of the planning could include getting back some dignity and confidence, at least the latter which is something the team is severely lacking at the moment. Good, competitive performances would help in that regard. That could be a reason to play Chambers if you believe that he is better than the alternatives. It is also not like McDonald is new to the club and doesn't know any of his teammates. He doesn't need settling in, and the club don't need to see him play in order to be able to assess whether or not he can be of use next season.

Your argument is correct about  McDonald and Seri, but I don't think anyone can say Anguissa's settled in. And, if you don't want him next season then you better get him in the display cabinet, and opportunites to be seen by scouts don't come any bigger than the next two games.

ffcne

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 15, 2019, 11:32:35 AM
Quote from: ffcne on March 15, 2019, 10:30:11 AM

Who will the manager be?

Laughable.

If you don't rate Seri and would prefer ÂŁ35m for FFC instead, then may I remind you everyone in football is watching the next two games, a MOTM in this game may make your dreams come true (i.e. sell Seri and Anguissa for a profit and reinvest in other players).

Can you give me some reasons since Brighton away
to rate Seri? Please tell me.
Sell Seri and Anguissa for a profit!!!
Good Luck with that one
Think it was 25 million for Seri and 30 million for Anguissa .
T.K got his pants pulled down on those two.
Mackay the agent i think  :005:

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ffcne on March 15, 2019, 11:59:14 AM

Good Luck with that one

OK, but great game against Liverpool that determines the title can increase Seri and Anguissa's value by ÂŁ5m each (however low it is now).

Sting of the North

Quote from: ffcne on March 15, 2019, 11:59:14 AM

Good Luck with that one

I'll give you one reason: Brighton at home. Seri was great that second half. Sure, others were too, but he was the best in my opinion.

snarks

Actually I think we are better balanced with Chambers and McDonald/Anguissa than with McDonald/Chambers and Seri, it allows TC to play where he is most effective.

For me it's Seri or TC , as I have said all season, they both like to keep the ball moving, and both have a good eye for a pass, playing further back has been detrimental to Seri, and playing wide right is a wasteof TC's ability.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 15, 2019, 11:55:41 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on March 15, 2019, 11:39:02 AM

Your argument is correct about  McDonald and Seri, but I don't think anyone can say Anguissa's settled in. And, if you don't want him next season then you better get him in the display cabinet, and opportunites to be seen by scouts don't come any bigger than the next two games.

The first part of my argument has nothing to do with the players in question, but is general (i.e. play the best team on the day). The second part I agree that it is different with Anguissa. However, I still disagree that we need to integrate them now. We have them in training, and also have a full pre-season to integrate them further. I am not worried about the players already at the club not having time to acclimatize, but rather more worried about if we will get any new players in before our pre-season games. The only reason that I could agree with not playing the best team is if we felt that we needed to give some game time to one or two of our youngsters (like O'reilly or Steven S.) in order to persuade them to stay.

However, if it is a case of two players being equally good, I would also go for the one most likely to stay. Rarely are players deemed to be equally good for a given game however I believe.  Â