Main Menu

When To Appoint The New Manager

Started by filham, March 15, 2019, 04:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penfold

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 19, 2019, 11:52:36 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on March 19, 2019, 08:48:06 AM
Is our DoF even paying attention?

No Attention from Tony Khan gives an ok squad. No tinkering.

Betts/Fabri

Christie/S.Sess   Mawson/Odoi   Ream/MLM    Bryan/T.Edun

Anguissa/Cisse       Seri/McDonald

Cairney/Johasen

R.Sess/Kamara       Mitro/Fonte         Atiye/Kebano

Squad Players 23-28: Rodak (GK), Djaló (CB), Riley(CM), Elliot(RW), Torres(LW) 

Not much to do just
i) if Kamara or Sess is sold, then add Markovoic
ii) if Mawson has fitness issues, then add Norveidt or Kalas

Some of those players will demand a move this summer.

Yes, in theory, we can hold them to their contract (unless they have a break clause inserted), but holding onto unhappy players doesn't normally work well.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Penfold on March 19, 2019, 11:57:59 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 19, 2019, 11:52:36 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on March 19, 2019, 08:48:06 AM
Is our DoF even paying attention?
No Attention from Tony Khan gives an ok squad. No tinkering.

Some of those players will demand a move this summer.

Yes, in theory, we can hold them to their contract (unless they have a break clause inserted), but holding onto unhappy players doesn't normally work well.

Yes, all the teams last year followed your philopshy selling unhappy players, but selling unhappy players means buying players on deadline day, which won't get us winning the first few games of the season. I'd prefer to take our chances with an unhappy Mitrovoic than finding players that want to come, anyway he can still score if his miserable. I think after a few games, he'll give his all.

If these players exercise break clauses, we must get the unamortized transfer fee remaining.  I don't want sell these players at their current values, but if they are automatically bought back based on the values we paid then thats absolutely awesome. I do not see a problem if we are returned £76m in transfer fees (apart from Mitro).

To be honest, if Anguissa and Seri do have break clause, that would explain why their transfer fees are so high (as we only pay them if we stay up, but right now break clauses seems to good to be true).

Pieter A’dam

hope we keep Parker, hopefully be mid table next season and similarly to Villa this year slowly moving to a play offs spot.

davew

We need somebody who is planning ahead for next season which means playing some of the youngsters sooner rather than later, some of the recent selections have been ridiculous, no real need to repeat who they were. Are FFC or 1 individual in particular going to make the same mistake in the next window as he did in the last one and are the pre season friendlies going to be a shambles again? Will we have any idea what our best team selection will be before we have played 1/4 of the seasons matches? The answers to me are hopefully the opposite of what will happen, time will tell!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

FulhamStu

I would only play our loan players if Parker really feels he has too.  That is unless they are likely to stay.  Having said that, I would keep Chambers in central defence, he will effectively replaced by Mawson.  Bit I would not play Shurlle or TFM or Babel or Markovic or even Vietto.

The old mucker

I think sp has to be given the chance for the championship, but we should put all our efforts and energy into getting a top quality director of football  who that is I don't know

filham

Quote from: FulhamStu on March 19, 2019, 02:20:09 PM
I would only play our loan players if Parker really feels he has too.  That is unless they are likely to stay.  Having said that, I would keep Chambers in central defence, he will effectively replaced by Mawson.  Bit I would not play Shurlle or TFM or Babel or Markovic or even Vietto.
Hard to drop Babel as he is the in form striker. Perhaps we should be making plans to offer him a contract.

Riversider

Parker will get the job !
I've said on here before that he needed to win a game before the season ends, that win was presented to him on a platter yesterday, gift wrapped with a black and white ribbon attached,  that game being Watford away, if we can't beat their reserves and U23's a few days before they play at Wembley , then he doesn't deserve the job and we deserve to finish bottom,
I think a win at Watford will lead to points against Bournemouth,  Cardiff and Newcastle,  the job will then be his.