more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff (17/03/19)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 17, 2019, 04:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham test could be tougher than Bayern, warns Wijnaldum

Liverpool can take the initiative in the Premier League title race if they beat Fulham.

Midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum believes Liverpool will have to make sure they are switched on as they return to domestic action after their midweek Champions League high in Germany.

The 3-1 win over Bayern Munich in the Allianz Arena was rightly hailed as an impressive performance but with the quest to end a 29-year wait for the Premier League title still ongoing, there is no time to bask in the glow of making another European quarter-final, where they face Porto.

In fact, Wijnaldum believes Sunday's opponents Fulham, second-bottom of the table, may present an even more difficult proposition than five-time European champions Bayern.

Jurgen Klopp's side capitalised from their Bundesliga opponents, behind on away goals, having to chase a second with the score at 1-1 and leaving gaps to exploit.

The struggling Cottagers are unlikely to offer the same amount of space.

"I think it will be even harder at Fulham," said Wijnaldum.

"They are struggling, fighting to survive and that is always difficult to play against, those teams.

"Fulham will make it as difficult as possible and we have to be focused."

Liverpool go into the game boosted by their impressive display in Germany and no one is flying higher than forward Sadio Mane.

The Senegal international scored twice in Bavaria to take his tally to 10 goals in as many games.

His form has taken some of the pressure off Mohamed Salah, who is enduring his longest goalscoring drought – six matches – since arriving at the club in the summer of 2017.

But despite scoring just three over the same period Klopp is satisfied with the Egypt international's performances and believes he has just been unlucky in front of goal.

"It is good that we split the goals, absolutely. We have 73 points: each goal we scored brought us there and from time to time it is clicking for one (player)," said the Reds boss.

"There was a very good moment in the Bayern game to explain the situation of Mo a little bit – because I think he is in an outstanding shape – when Niklas Sule in the last second came because that was a goal.

"For Sadio it is different, thank God. All the goals the boys score us are so important. Who scores is not too important but of course it helps if the boys are confident and know what they do.

"The first goal that Sadio scored in Munich, if he had not scored for five or six games he probably would not have scored but it was completely natural.

"At the end everyone criticised (Bayern goalkeeper Manuel) Neuer but it was just world-class from Sadio.

"He's in a good moment and hopefully it stays like this, that's the most important thing for us.

"The goals we have scored are important but not as important as the goals we will score until the end of the season."

http://sport.bt.com/news/fulham-test-could-be-tougher-than-bayern-warns-wijnaldum-S11364345591335

WhiteJC

Scott Parker calls for Fulham to be aggressive against Liverpool

Scott Parker believes Liverpool have the deadliest strikeforce in the Premier League – but wants his struggling Fulham side to be on the front-foot when they host Jurgen Klopp's title challengers on Sunday.

Liverpool can move two points clear at the top of the table as current leaders Manchester City are in FA Cup action.

The Reds have lost just once in the league all season and will be heavy favourites to inflict more misery on Fulham at Craven Cottage.

Parker – who has lost the two games he has taken charge of as caretaker manager so far – needs a positive result as Fulham look to make Premier League history by turning around a 13-point deficit to stay in the division.

While Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino boast a total of 44 league goals between them this campaign, compared to Fulham's team total of just 28, Parker wants his team to be the aggressors on Sunday.

"When you look at Liverpool, they're the deadliest front three in the Premier League," he said.

"It will be difficult, the numbers stack up against us, but it has to change and I fully believe it can at the weekend.

"We're at home on Sunday and the way we've played under me, Chelsea was front foot and aggressive and Leicester second half was one I want the team to be like.

"We're at home, I'd like to think we'll give the fans something to go on and something for us too.

"We're under no illusion what a tough game it will be but I know the eleven players picked will enjoy it."

Even if Fulham do not manage to upset the odds and slip to a 22nd defeat of the season, Parker at least wants his players to be able to leave the pitch with their heads held high having given their all.

"We are two games down since I've been in charge," he added.

"The Chelsea game was positive, it was a positive performance. For me, there is a way to lose football matches and Chelsea was a prime example.

"We lost the match but the lads got clapped off, so there is a way to lose football matches and that is a given for us and that is where we need to stay.

"For fans spending their money and coming to watch us I think you understand in this league you can lose and you can get relegated from this division if you're Fulham but there is a way to lose."

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/scott-parker-calls-fulham-be-aggressive-against-liverpool

WhiteJC

Defensive duo's influence, Cairney threat & Liverpool's title chances – The view from Fulham

Liverpool make the trip to Fulham on Sunday afternoon, as the relegation strugglers aim to spring a huge surprise.

The Reds know that victory at Craven Cottage will put them back to the top of the Premier League by two points, with Man City on FA Cup duty.

It is a match that simply must end in victory for Jurgen Klopp's side if they are to seal title glory this season, and they will arrive in west London in good spirits after seeing off Bayern Munich in the Champions League.

Fulham have experienced a galling return to the top flight, sitting 19th in the table and looking highly likely to be playing Championship football in 2019/20.

With the match fast approaching, we spoke to Russ Goldman from internet radio show Cottage Talk (@CottageTalk) to get his assessment of both sides' seasons and Sunday's meeting.

Fulham are 19th in the Premier League – how disappointing has this season been?
It has been very disappointing because it took four years to get back into the Premier League.

But I should have been more aware that this could happen because several teams that win the Championship playoff final often struggle.

That's mainly because of the lack of time to prepare for the next season.

Was Claudio Ranieri's sacking fair?
Claudio Ranieri's sacking was fair because Fulham had no identity with him at the helm.

His style of play was completely different from the one that was used under Slavisa Jokanovic, and he never had the players adapt to his style, so it was a case of square pegs in round holes.

The ownership never should have hired a manager with such a different style to Jokanovic in the first place.

Which three players have stood out most for Fulham this season?
Aleksandar Mitrovic is a top striker and can play in any league. He is a handful but the problem for him is not having the service he needs.

Calum Chambers has been converted from a centre-back into a defensive midfielder and has done a nice job in that role.

Sergio Rico is a good goalkeeper in my opinion, but he has a Championship defence in front of him, so the goals are still going in.

Any who have struggled?
I am going to give you a blanket statement: every other player has struggled, which sums up our season.

I can't single out one because there are so many.

And what about Liverpool's campaign? How impressed have you been?
I expected Liverpool to win the league and I have seen nothing else to tell me differently.

The emergence of Virgil van Dijk, who I believe is the best defender in the league, and the signing of Alisson as your goalkeeper has made a huge difference.

Liverpool's defence going up another level has been very impressive.

Are they going to win the title?
I still expect Liverpool to win the title.

I mentioned this in my prior answer as it comes down to having a leader in the back and adding a top goalkeeper to go along with Liverpool's devastating attack.

It makes me feel confident that this is your year.

Man City are going to be a tough team to beat, but I think in the end you will see Liverpool sealing glory.

Looking ahead to Sunday's game, who do you fear for the Reds?
I think it is obvious that it is Mohamed Salah. He is almost impossible to stop when he is in full flow.

I would also have to mention Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino, because the three of them together are almost impossible to contain.

That being said, the difference makers for me are Van Dijk and Alisson. These players have taken Liverpool to the next level.

Where do you see the key battles taking place?
I think the key battle will be in central midfield as this was Fulham's strength last season.

If we can make it difficult and then counter-attack with Tom Cairney pulling the strings, this match could be interesting.

If Cairney can influence the game, Fulham have a chance to affect the title race.

Finally, hit us with a prediction...
I am going with 2-1 to Liverpool but I would not be shocked to see Fulham get a result.

There is no pressure on the players so they can play with freedom, and they will know they can match Liverpool because of the game at Anfield.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/03/defensive-duos-influence-cairney-threat-liverpools-title-chances-the-view-from-fulham/

WhiteJC

Resurgent Reds look to return to the Premier League summit – Fulham vs. Liverpool Preview

Liverpool can go top of the Premier League with a win at Fulham on Sunday, but more dropped points on the road could prove fatal.

Fulham vs. Liverpool

Sunday, March 17, 2019 – 2.15pm (GMT)
Craven Cottage
Premier League
Referee: Craig Pawson

The Reds have enjoyed a hugely productive week, winning 4-2 at home to Burnley before securing one of their most impressive victories of the season.

Wednesday's 3-1 triumph at Bayern Munich not only sent Liverpool into the Champions League quarter-finals—they face Porto in the last eight—but it was further proof that they are now one of Europe's top three or four sides.

Jurgen Klopp's team go into the weekend brimming with confidence; the same cannot be said of their beleaguered opponents.

Fulham have endured a torrid return to the Premier League after their Championship playoff heroics last season, sitting 19th in the table and without a win since the end of January.

They have lost their last six matches and, with Scott Parker in temporary charge, they look to be playing for pride rather than having genuine aspirations of survival.

To put it bluntly, Liverpool don't deserve to win the league if they can't defeat the Cottagers on Sunday.

Their superior quality is there for all to see and it should be a game that the Reds come through relatively unscathed.

This is the Premier League and anything is possible, but dropped points this weekend would be one of the most disappointing, momentum-sapping moments of Liverpool's campaign.

Team News
Jordan Henderson is out after failing to recover from a twisted ankle against Fulham, meaning he is likely to miss the international break.

Naby Keita's involvement remains a doubt and is dependent on how he reacts to training prior to the game.

Joe Gomez, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Rhian Brewster are all working their way back to full fitness, but none will be back before the upcoming international break.

Oxlade-Chamberlain will be "100 percent fit" afterwards, according to Klopp, which is a major boost for all concerned.

In terms of team selection, Klopp's lineup is expected to have a similar look to it from the Bayern game, despite the risk of fatigue.

Alisson, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joel Matip, Virgil van Dijk and Andy Robertson should again make up the back line, but available again Dejan Lovren could be handed a first start since early January to boost his fitness levels.

Fabinho was a surprise omission in Munich before replacing the injured Henderson and the Brazilian is highly likely to regain his place.

Gini Wijnaldum has looked tired in recent weeks, which could call for a rest and some playing time for Adam Lallana, or even forgotten man Xherdan Shaqiri.

Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino have improved as a unit of late and there is no reason for Klopp to leave any of them out on Sunday.

Marcus Bettinelli and Alfie Mawson are both missing for Fulham, but Andre Schurrle looks set to overcome a virus in time for the match. Ryan Babel could face his former club.

Last 5 Away to Fulham (All Competitions)
Won 3-2 – February 2014 (Toure OG, Richardson; Sturridge, Coutinho, Gerrard pen)
Won 3-1 – May 2013 (Berbatov; Sturridge x3)
Lost 1-0 – December 2011 (Dempsey)
Won 5-2 – May 2011 (Dembele, Sidwell; Rodriguez x3, Kuyt, Suarez)
Lost 3-1 – October 2009 (Zamora, Nevland, Dempsey; Torres)

Craven Cottage
Capacity: 25,700

Away fans' pubs: It's a friendly part of the world—go wherever you fancy.

One piece of advice for visiting fan: Make a day/weekend of it, especially if you're visiting when the weather's nice.

The ground is right on the River Thames—arguably the most picturesque stadium in the country—and you will never be short of pubs and bars to visit.

Answers courtesy of Kyle Bonn (@the_bonnfire).

Did You Know?
Mane has been in wonderful form in recent weeks and months, scoring 10 goals in as many matches and acting as Liverpool's attacking talisman.

Incredibly, there hasn't been a game in which Liverpool have scored but Mane hasn't since the 1-0 win at Brighton on January 12, when Salah scored a second-half winner from the penalty spot.

It highlights the impact the Senegalese has made since the turn of the year and he looks primed to be a pivotal figure in the title run-in.

He now has 19 goals this season—just one fewer than Salah—and would be leading the way in the race for the Premier League Golden Boot if penalties weren't included.

Form
Fulham – Last five results (all competitions)

Lost 3-1 vs. Leicester
Lost 2-1 vs. Chelsea
Lost 2-0 vs. Southampton
Lost 3-1 vs. West Ham
Lost 3-0 vs. Man United

Liverpool – Last five results (all competitions)

Won 3-1 vs. Bayern Munich
Won 4-2 vs. Burnley
Drew 0-0 vs. Everton
Won 5-0 vs. Watford
Drew 0-0 vs. Man United

Klopp's View
Speaking to the press on Friday morning, Klopp was not taking Fulham for granted, despite their lowly league position:

"It's a very important game to us. We don't think about the table, only focused on our situation.

"We needed genius moment from Ali, Trent and Mo to win [at home to Fulham].

"They've had difficult season but you can see the change [under Parker]."

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/03/resurgent-reds-look-to-return-to-the-premier-league-summit-fulham-vs-liverpool-preview/

WhiteJC

All We Want As Fulham Fans Is Something To Cheer Us Up

This weekend, the FA Cup takes centre-stage, a competition that could have given the support something to cheer about if we hadn't of been the victims of a FA Cup shock.

I guess we'll never know how we might have fared in our relegation fight if we'd have been given a confidence boost by a FA Cup run.

Instead, whilst the right teams still left in the competition continue to dream about a trip to Wembley, we have to contend with the harsh truth that we need a miracle to retain our Premier League place for next season.

On Sunday, Fulham welcome Liverpool to Craven Cottage, for a Premier League fixture. It is a game that our visitors will be looking to win to continue their pursuit of the Premier League crown.

For Fulham it is a chance, albeit slim I'd suggest, to make one last effort to produce the proverbial miracle and escape relegation by closing that 13-point gap between safety and us with just 8 games to go.

I'm probably not alone in believing we're clutching at straws but if that is the case then perhaps a better hope would be for the side, now managed by Paul Parker, to produce the kind of performance that will give us hope next season as we contemplate a return to the Championship.

Perhaps, through the power of positive thinking, we can engineer a 1-0 win with the former Liverpool player, Ryan Babel, scoring the winner.

Is it too much to hope for?

COYW's

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/all-we-want-as-fulham-fans-is-something-to-cheer-us-up/

WhiteJC

Fulham have enough quality to secure Premier League survival - Parker

(Reuters) - Struggling Fulham have the quality and belief to remain in the Premier League and one win can kickstart a good run of form that can help them achieve that target, caretaker manager Scott Parker said.

The promoted side, who sacked Claudio Ranieri and installed former England midfielder Parker last month, are 19th in the table with 17 points from 30 games and face a tough test against title-chasing Liverpool on Sunday.

Parker's tenure began with defeats by Chelsea and Leicester City but he is convinced the team can turn their fortunes around with eight games left, despite being 13 points off the safety zone.

"There's only so many more weeks I can go on saying I believe we can stay up, but one result can kickstart something and we have the quality to try and do that," Parker told a news conference.

"When you look at how many games we need to win I understand it'll be difficult but while there's still points it's possible. We have some very good footballers and we need to start getting the best out of them.

"The attitudes and standards are rising on a daily basis. They have a chance at the weekend to prove how good they are."

A win for Liverpool will help them leapfrog Manchester City into top spot and Parker conceded facing Juergen Klopp's side was a daunting challenge.

"Liverpool is a team that is fighting at the right end, in terms of fighting for the championship," he added.

"They're deadly with the pace and the power they have which is frightening. They have a top class manager and have done very well. They're a team full of individual quality and are up there with the world's best."

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-england-ful-liv-preview/fulham-have-enough-quality-to-secure-premier-league-survival-parker-idUKKCN1QX0DG?rpc=401&;

WhiteJC

Tottenham line up move for Ryan Sessegnon as he stalls on new Fulham contract

Fulham have been unable to agree terms on a new deal with Ryan Sessegnon who could now leave the club in the summer

Tottenham have been boosted in the pursuit of Fulham starlet Ryan Sessegnon who is stalling on signing a new deal.

The left winger who is out of contract at the end of the next season doesn't want to leave London which will be a blow to Manchester United .

They have been preparing a £50 million bid for Sessegnon, 18, who is rated as one of the brightest young talents in the country.

Fulham have been trying to tie him down onto a new long-term contract for months, but they have been unable to reach an agreement.

Sessegnon's decision to stay in London is also bad news for French giants Paris Saint-Germain, who have been chasing him for the last year.

Ryan Sessegnon of Fulham is challenged by Demarai Gray of Leicester City (Image: Getty Images)

Tottenham - who haven't signed a player in the last two transfer windows - could buy Sessegnon this summer and then loan him back to Fulham for next season.

The Cottagers look set for life in the Championship next season, as they sit 13 points adrift of safety with only eight league games remaining.

Whether Sessegnon would be prepared to step back down to the second tier is unlikely, and Fulham could be tempted to sell to recoup some of their transfer spend.

Club owner Shahid Khan bankrolled over £100 million worth of signings at the beginning of the season, but it doesn't look to be enough to keep them in the top flight.

Sessegnon has been called up to the latest England under-21 squad for the clashes with Poland and Germany next week.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-line-up-move-ryan-14145673

WhiteJC

Why Ryan Sessegnon would be the perfect project for Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp

Sessegnon, who is a Reds supporter, has just a year left on his Fulham contract

Ryan Sessegnon has been told Jurgen Klopp would be an ideal manager to play for should he leave Fulham in the summer.

Sessegnon will come face to face with Klopp's title-chasing Liverpool side at Craven Cottage on Sunday afternoon.

The match against his boyhood heroes will give the 18-year-old the chance to show why he is regarded as one of the country's top prospects after a difficult spell under Claudio Ranieri.

Ranieri angered Fulham fans by benching Sessegnon during the Italian's disastrous three-and-a-half-month spell in charge of last season's Championship play-off winners.

Trent Alexander-Arnold of Liverpool competes with Ryan Sessegnon of Fulham (Image: John Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty Images)

But the England Under-21 international, who is a self-confessed Reds fan, has been reinstalled into the team under caretaker manager Scott Parker.

Parker has been credited with immediately improving morale in the Cottagers camp after Ranieri was sacked last month.

But it still looks increasingly likely that Fulham will be relegated at the first time of asking.

And that would leave the club and Sessegnon with plenty to ponder.

The left-back/left-winger will be out of contract in June 2020.

That means this summer will be Fulham's last major chance to cash in on one of their prized assets.

And a Cottagers expert believe Anfield, and the chance to work with Klopp, would be a perfect destination for Sessegnon.

Ryan O'Donovan, who covers Fulham for the Football.London website, said: "He's only got a year left on his contract and he hasn't signed a new deal yet.

"So there is a lot of, 'will he go, won't he go'. If Ranieri was still here, I would've said he'd definitely go because there was no way Ryan Sessegnon would want to work under Ranieri in the Championship.

"But with Scott Parker there, there might be an angle for him to say he wants to stay at Fulham and keep learning.

"He hasn't had the season many people were expecting. Many reports in the summer were quoting £50m for him. Fulham aren't going to get that much this summer if they do opt to sell, especially with just a year left on his contract.

"But there will be a team out there, a Liverpool under Jurgen Klopp, or a Spurs under Mauricio Pochettino, that will look at Sessegnon and think, 'there is a player there, we can work with that player'.

"Maybe not necessarily a player who will come in and do things straightaway, but as a project, I think he's one of the most exciting talents in the country to work with.

"So I do think Fulham will have a job in the summer keeping hold of him, especially with that year left on his contract."

Sessegnon scored 16 goals last season as Slavisa Jokanovic's Cottagers won promotion back to the Premier League.

But the teenager has managed just two goals so far this season.

O'Donovan, speaking on the latest podcast on the Blood Red channel, said: "It's been a learning curve and you've got to remember he's only 18 years old. There's not many 18-year-olds who are pulling up trees in the Premier League.

"It's taken time for him to adjust to the Premier League but I don't people shouldn't be worried by that. He's still got the most assists in the Fulham team despite being in and out of the team, especially under Ranieri.

"The talent's still there, but with Sessegnon, he's not a player that beats players, he's not got a bagful of tricks, but his reading of the game is brilliant, and I think in the Championship, defenders don't read the game as well as in the Premier League, the likes of Virgil van Dijk, who reads the game so well, and it's taken Sessegnon a bit of time to be able to do what he did in the Championship.

"He's still only 18 years old, he's still got such a future ahead of him, because he's such a talented footballer."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-sessegnon-would-perfect-project-15982382

WhiteJC

Newcastle beating Fulham to sign this versatile 18-year-old would be a shrewd move by Rafa Benitez

Newcastle United Opinion: Newcastle should sign Josha Vagnoman

According to a report from German publication Bild, Newcastle United are keen on bringing Hamburger SV starlet Josha Vagnoman to the Premier League in the summer, with Premier League strugglers Fulham and Championship outfit Brentford also interested in the highly-rated 18-year-old. 

Vagnoman made his Bundesliga debut for Hamburger last season as the team suffered relegation but he has made a more prominent mark in the second tier this season. Hamburger are eyeing an immediate return to the top flight and sit just a couple of points adrift of leaders Cologne.

The Hamburger prodigy featured regularly for Germany at the 2017 FIFA U17 World Cup in India and was a part of the team that lost to Brazil in the quarterfinals. Vagnoman has only made 7 appearances for Hamburger this term but he is held in very high regard in German football.

Essentially a right-back by trade, Vagnoman has shown the versatility to play as a left-back and also as a winger or an attacker further up the pitch on either side.

Standing at 6ft.1 inch with a towering and sinewy frame, Vagnoman has the physicality to compete with physically dominating opposition despite his tender years. He is comfortable on the ball and has a well-rounded defensive and attacking game, making himself big to close down the attackers amd running at his opposite number with pace and directness.

To put things into perspective, Vagnoman is not yet the finished article but he could still be a welcome addition to Newcastle's squad next summer, with the Magpies short of depth and quality on either side of the defence.

Rafael Benitez has opted for a five-man backline more often than not with DeAndre Yedlin and Matt Ritchie operating as wing-backs. Yedlin, though quite a useful attacker, has proved to be a suspect defensively while Ritchie's attacking potential hasn't been used in the best possible manner by playing him as a wing-back.

Paul Dummett is undoubtedly a sound defensive option but the Welshman doesn't offer much in terms of the attack, making him a misfit in a wing-back position. Liverpool outcast Javier Manquillo has been tried out on either side of the backline by Rafael Benitez but the Spaniard hasn't done an awful lot either.

Vagnoman, with his attacking qualities and versatility to play on either side, fits the bill perfectly at Tyneside. Still only 18, he will need time to adapt to English football but he can prove to be a wonderful long-term solution to Newcastle's full-back conundrum.

That said, Newcastle should try to beat off competition from other clubs and get their hands on the coveted teenager next summer.

https://www.mediareferee.com/2019/03/17/newcastle-beating-fulham-to-sign-this-versatile-18-year-old-would-be-a-shrewd-move-by-rafa-benitez/

WhiteJC

Double Agents: 12 Players to play for LFC and Fulham

Liverpool are away at Craven Cottage Sunday and with Manchester City playing in the cup on Saturday, the Reds could go back top of the Premier League.

Last time out Liverpool won 2-0 at Anfield with Mohamed Salah and Xherdan Shaqiri scoring the goals in what was a very dominating performance.

Fulham have been struggling this season and are sitting rock bottom in 20th place in the table with only four wins.

Liverpool will be looking to continue their winning streak and build on their 3-1 victory over Bayern Munich at the Allianz Stadium on Wednesday.

Sadio Mane will be one to watch as the Senegalese winger has six goals in his last four games for Liverpool.

Not that many players have transferred between the two clubs, but there have been a few that have turned out for the Cottagers and Liverpool.

With that in mind here are 12 players that have played for both sides of the fixture:

John Arne Riise

The Norwegian joined Liverpool from Monaco in 2001 and became the club's first-choice left back for seven years, making 224 appearances and famously winning the Champions League in 2005.

Arne Riise signed for Roma in 2008 and then for Fulham in 2011, he played for 3 years and made 87 appearances and was released in 2014, he went on to play in Cyprus, Norway and India before retiring in 2016.

Karl-Heinz Riedle

A German striker, he started his career in his native Germany and came to Liverpool via Borussia Dortmund in 1997 and enjoyed two seasons on Merseyside, playing 60 times and scoring 11 goals.

He transferred directly to Fulham in 1999, he would become caretaker manager for the club at the end of that season when Roy Evans left the post, he played 34 times for the Cottagers and scored 6 times – he retired when he left Fulham in 2001.

Sheyi Ojo

A Liverpool youth academy player he made his debut for 2015 and has since made 8 appearances in the Premier League for the Reds – most of his time has been out on loan.

The winger joined Fulham on loan for the 2017/18 season and played 22 times and scored four times, winning promotion to the Premier League with the London club.

Danny Murphy

Murphy started his senior career with Crewe Alexandria and moved to his boyhood club Liverpool in 1997 and became a regular starter in Liverpool's midfield during his time – he turned out 170 times for the Reds, scoring 25 times.

After spells at Charlton and Spurs he signed for Fulham in 2007, where he played for five years, he netted 17 times in 169 Premier League games – he left in 2012 and had once season at Blackburn before retiring.

Jari Litmanen

An Ajax legend, Litmanen joined the Reds in 2001 after one season at Barcelona, but only played 26 times in one season on Merseyside.

He re-signed for Ajax in 2002 and eventually found his way to Fulham in 2008 but failed to make a single appearance for them and went back to Finland instead.

Paul Konchesky

Konchesky signed for Fulham in 2007 from West Ham and showed good form in London and made over 100 appearances before signing for Liverpool in 2010.

He was brought in as first choice left back for the Reds, but poor form led him to be loaned to Fulham later that year and then sold the next season to Leicester.

Steve Finnan

Signing for Fulham in 1998, the Irishman became one of the best right backs in England and racked up 172 games in the Premier League before Gerard Houllier brought him to Liverpool in 2003.

He established himself as first choice right-back and a fan favourite, he was part of the squad that won the Champions League in 2005 – he moved to Espanyol in 2008 after 145 games for the Reds.

Lauri Dalla Velle

He joined Liverpool as youngster in 2008 after a trial with the club but didn't make a single appearance and joined Fulham two years later.

He again didn't make a single appearance for Fulham and after four loan spells as sold to Molde in 2013.

Stan Collymore

Collymore signed for Liverpool in 1995, for an English record fee of £8.5million from Notts Forest and turned out 64 times for the Reds, scoring 28 times.

His spell with Fulham came as a loan spell from Aston Villa in 1999 but only played six times, failing to score on them occasions.

Peter Beardsley

He moved to Liverpool in 1987 from Newcastle United and made 131 league appearances and scored 46 goals for the Reds also winning the First Division twice and an FA Cup.

The attacking midfielder joined Fulham for a year in 1998, playing 21 times and scoring 4 games, he returned to his native North East with Hartlepool United and then had a season in Australia before retiring in 1999.

Lazar Markovic

The Serbian winger signed for Liverpool in 2014 from Benfica for £20million but did quite find any form for the Reds and was banished out on loan.

He left permanently in January 2019 when Fulham took a gamble on him for an undisclosed fee, he has since only appeared once for the Cottagers.

Ryan Babel

The Dutch winger came to England with Liverpool in 2007 from Ajax and had great spells in a Red shirt but never quite hit is potential and after 100+ games for Liverpool he signed for Hoffenheim in 2011.

He shown promise for Besiktas and, like Markovic, signed for Fulham in 2019, he has scored once in five games for them so far this season.

https://readliverpoolfc.com/2019/03/16/double-agents-12-players-to-play-for-lfc-and-fulham/

WhiteJC

Tottenham Hotspur Looking To Sign This Serbian Powerhouse: Why Pochettino Needs Him?

According to the latest reports from Daily Mail, Tottenham Hotspur are considering a move for Fulham's forward Aleksandar Mitrovic in the upcoming summer transfer window. Spurs want the Serbian forward as an understudy to Harry Kane, but there is a doubt whether the striker would accept such a role.

The striker could be available on the transfer market as Fulham are more or less destined to go down to the Championship at the moment. Therefore they might have to sell some of their prime assets and the players too might want to jump ship in the summer. Mitrovic has been a standout player for the Cottagers even in their dismal season and without him, Fulham would be half the team that they are right now.

Chelsea are the one who have been handed a transfer ban of two windows, but Spurs have already followed that as they haven't signed a player in the last two windows. The reports from Daily Mail add that Spurs will look to reinforce various positions in the summer and they are looking at a backup striker to Harry Kane as Fernando Llorente is in the final few months of his contract.

Even without spending a penny in the last two windows, Spurs have challenged the likes of Liverpool and Manchester City for the most parts of the season. But it's looking clear now that they too are going to fight for the top four spots. Now Mitrovic might be attracted to play for a club like Spurs who have established themselves among the heavyweights of English football.

However, with Kane as the strike option available, we think that the Serbian would fail to get much game time. The English forward is supremely fit and he hardly ever gets injured for long periods and that could deter any striker from coming to the White Hart Lane.

But the 24-year-old can enjoy playing in some top European competition, and it could very much come down to what the striker would want for himself. Given Mitrovic's form and ability, he can easily play as a regular striker for quite a few Premier League clubs and so it remains to be seen whether the forward would be willing to be an understudy to Kane.

From Spurs' point of view, they should look to sign this powerhouse of a striker as they are going to lose the services of Llorente. They would need a backup striker to Kane given the fact that they are now competing for a number of elite competitions.

https://the4thofficial.net/2019/03/tottenham-hotspur-looking-to-sign-this-serbian-powerhouse-why-pochettino-needs-him/

WhiteJC

Lowly Fulham offer Liverpool chance to usurp Man City

LONDON: Fresh from a momentous Champions League night, Liverpool can continue their feel-good factor into the international break by retaking top spot in the Premier League from Manchester City at Championship-bound Fulham on Sunday (today).

Jurgen Klopp's men delighted their manager with a 3-1 win at Bayern Munich on Wednesday and will be heavy favourites to make the semi-finals of the Champions League for the second straight season after drawing Porto in the quarters on Friday.

But the Reds' immediate focus must be on Craven Cottage to keep their challenge for a first league title in 29 years on track.

Liverpool trail the champions by a single point with just eight games remaining, but with City in FA Cup action at Swansea this weekend, they can put the pressure back on Pep Guardiola's side and take a psychological boost into the two-week break before the title battle resumes.

"That we can beat Bayern, about how we did it, I'm not surprised but I'm really happy we could prove something like that," said Klopp, who will have taken extra glee at beating the Bavarians as a former Borussia Dortmund coach.

"So now let's be completely, completely concentrated on Fulham and don't think about what happens afterwards."

Along with the ever-impressive Virgil van Dijk, Liverpool's star performer in Munich was Sadio Mane as the Senegalese scored twice to take his tally to 10 goals in his last 10 games.

Mane's fine form has come just at the right time as top-scorer Mohamed Salah has just one goal in his last nine matches and Roberto Firmino two in his last eight.

"It is good that we split the goals a little bit, absolutely it's good. We have 73 points and each goal we scored brought us there," added Klopp.

Mane's first goal to open the scoring at the Allianz Arena in midweek was outstanding as he controlled a long searching pass from Van Dijk in one touch before rounding Manuel Neuer and confidently dinking the ball over two covering Bayern defenders into an unguarded net.

"For Sadio it is different, thank God," said Klopp on his contrasting form to Salah and Firmino.

"The first goal that Sadio scored in Munich, probably if you have not scored for five or six games, then you will not score that goal.

"At the end everybody criticised Neuer, but it was just world-class from Sadio."

Fulham have very different priorities at the other end of the table as they try to pull off a great escape from relegation.

After sacking two managers already this season, Scott Parker's first two games in charge against Chelsea and Leicester have also ended in defeat to leave the Cottagers 13 points adrift of safety.

However, Parker believes his side can cause a major upset and deliver an huge blow to Liverpool's title challenge.

"Hopefully we'll have an influence on the title race," he said. "We've got some very good footballers at the club and we need to start getting the best out of them.

"They have a chance at the weekend in front of the cameras to prove how good they are. "If we play the way we want to play, we can cause an upset and we can get points."

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/444874-lowly-fulham-offer-liverpool-chance-to-usurp-man-city

WhiteJC

Fulham v Liverpool
SUN 17 Mar 2019   Premier League
Venue: Craven Cottage

Scott Parker is yet to win a match with Fulham since taking over as caretaker manager.
TEAM NEWS

Fulham have no new injury concerns and forward Andre Schurrle is training again after a virus.

Alfie Mawson is recovering from knee surgery and hopes to be back playing before the end of the season.

Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson is out of the game because of an ankle injury sustained in the Champions League victory over Bayern Munich.

Naby Keita will be assessed after missing the trip to Germany with a minor injury.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

@SimonBrotherton: Having impressively taken care of business in the Champions League in Munich, Liverpool know they must now do the same on the domestic front at Craven Cottage.

In a title race of fine margins there's little room to slip up against a team heading for relegation. Jurgen Klopp's side have been held to a draw in three successive Premier League matches on the road, the last two of which have ended goalless, but should be too strong here.

They've taken all three points on their past two visits to Fulham and face a team who have lost their last half dozen matches, and nine in 10.

VIEW FROM THE DUGOUT

Fulham caretaker manager Scott Parker: "I believe we can stay up. I see the quality in this team, but I know and understand it will be very difficult. While there are still points available, it's possible.

"We have some very good footballers and we need to start getting the best out of them. The attitudes and standards are rising on a daily basis. They have a chance at the weekend to prove how good they are."

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp: "It is just a very important game for us. We don't think about the situation in the table or whatever, we are only focused on our situation. But we know how difficult it is - we only have to take our game against Fulham at home: we need a genius moment from Ali, Trent and Mo to win that game.

"Fulham has a difficult season obviously, but since Scott [Parker] is in you can see the change, it is really kind of a breath of fresh air. They lost the two games against Chelsea, which is a difficult one for all teams in the league obviously, and Leicester with a new manager there. But they were pretty impressive.

"Now we have to make sure that we are really spot on from the first second and hopefully we can win that game."

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

I just cannot see Fulham getting anything against Liverpool because they are not good enough defensively to keep them out.

Prediction: 0-2

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Fulham have lost five consecutive league games against Liverpool, conceding 16 goals, since a 1-0 win at Anfield in May 2012.
    Liverpool could win three matches in a row at Craven Cottage for the first time in the top flight.
    There has not been a draw between the sides in 13 Premier League meetings at Craven Cottage.

Fulham

Fulham have equalled the club Premier League record of six consecutive defeats. Their only longer top-flight losing streak was an 11-match run between December 1961 and February 1962.
    They have also matched the Premier League record of conceding multiple goals in 10 consecutive matches, previously done by Wimbledon and West Bromwich Albion.
    The Cottagers have lost 17 matches this season by a margin of two or more goals, just two short of the Premier League record they set in 2013-14.
    They have conceded 68 goals so far, 11 more than any other top-flight side.
    Fulham have lost 24 of their past 25 Premier League matches against established top-six teams, with the only exception being a 2-2 draw at Manchester United in February 2014.
    Scott Parker played in the Fulham team that lost 4-0 in the Premier League at Anfield in November 2013.

Liverpool

Liverpool have equalled their best record after 30 matches of a top-flight campaign, set in 1987-88 (W22, D7, L1). They went on to win the title by nine points that season.
    They have won only one of their five Premier League away games in 2019, compared to eight victories in 10 attempts before the turn of the year.
    The Reds have conceded nine goals in 10 league fixtures in 2019, one more than they had in the previous 20 games this season.
    Jurgen Klopp's side are unbeaten in their last 11 league matches against promoted sides (W10, D1), scoring 31 goals and conceding just four.
    Sadio Mane has scored eight goals in his last eight league appearances, though just one of these has come away from Anfield.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47512151

WhiteJC

Liverpool vs Fulham: They don't care! Lilywhites are dreading Reds visit

Liverpool head to London to play Fulham in the Premier League on Sunday and opposition fans are dreading the visit by Jurgen Klopp and the boys.

The Reds are fresh off the back of a 3-1 win over Bayern Munich, while the Cottagers have suffered defeats to Leicester and Southampton in their last three games.

Scott Parker has been handed the reigns on a temporary basis after Claudio Ranieri was sacked and the former England midfielder has spoken before the game.

Parker reckons that he's seen a huge improvement in the standards and the effort put in by the playing group at training, to which there was some backlash on Twitter.

One user quickly jumped in to question why they hadn't been trying prior to Parker taking over, while another mused that they don't care about the club or relegation.

While it's easy to dismiss the results being down to a group of men who aren't really that bothered about Fulham, the alternative has to be considered: they're not good enough and were poorly coached.

Either way, Liverpool are expected to win on Sunday. They came away 2-0 victors earlier in the season thanks to goals from Mohamed Salah and Xherdan Shaqiri, and there is no way a team who've conceded 68 goals in 30 games should be stopping the Reds on Sunday.

This should be the perfect game for Salah to find his shooting boots and break that six game duck, while we may even see a resurrection of Shaqiri in light of Jordan Henderson's injury.

Klopp will need to keep the lads focused, but there is little danger of them switching off as Liverpool chase their first Premier League title.

Manchester City beat Swansea City on Saturday night to advance to the next round of the FA Cup and they're still in four competitions. When that takes its toll on City, Liverpool must be ready to make the most of it.

https://rushthekop.com/2019/03/17/liverpool-vs-fulham-dont-care-fans-dreading-reds-visit/

WhiteJC

Three Players to Watch: Matchday 31 vs. Liverpool
Fulham Will Look to Compete Against the First of Two Straight Premier League Contenders.

For every step forward, Fulham have just always found a way to take a good two, maybe even five steps back this Premier League season. Even under the guidance under Scott Parker, they just can't help but put themselves in the wrong foot with regards to their play. It's as if both Ryan Sessegnon and Tim Ream have to be removed from the Craven Cottage for the sake of maintaining whatever is left of their self-confidence at this level. With Floyd Ayite scoring, it will be quite difficult not seeing how he would get his first start for Fulham today. It's just a darn shame it'll be against the first of two straight Premier League title contenders that the 30-year old will be up against.

Liverpool just came off a famous victory at Bayern Munich to advance to the quarterfinals of the Champions League, but there is no way they will take their foot off the gas for this contest. They have a 29-year League title drought to end and they can only do so by outperforming Manchester City these last eight fixtures. It can be done, but Manchester City are so good as well. In Mo Salah and Virgil Van Dijk, they probably have to of the best players in their respective positions in the world. The rest have either been up-and-coming stars, further world class talent in goal and midfielders that can out-run anyone on any given day.

Now that Jurgen Klopp has been in charge of Liverpool since 2015, you almost know what's coming from them. They'll press hard up the pitch. Their front three are the most dangerous in club football when they work in concert and are as efficient in getting behind defenses. Lastly, their fullbacks will join in on the attack better than any side in England. The lone difference in recent seasons is that their center backs and goalkeeping are elite now. In almost every category, Manchester City is the lone team that can compete head-to-head with them.

The only criticism I have always had with this Liverpool side, is that they are one creative player from midfield away from being unstoppable. However, that addition to the team could go against all of Klopp's tactics and what he wants out of his team. Regardless, Fulham are probably going to lose. Let's just hope we don't ship goals by the boat load again. On that note, here are three additional players to watch at Craven Cottage.

Sadio Mané
Yeah, Sadio Mané is good. I mean, really really good. If he's not one of the five best attacking players in the Premier League, I find it quite difficult to figure out many more that are better than him. At age 26, it's quite evident that his goal-scoring matches where he is at his stage of his career: which is his absolute prime. At 16 goals in just 67 shots in the Premier League, Mané has hit career highs with his scoring and his efficiency this season.

His 23.9% conversion rate and 12.07 expected goals indicate that he is due for some regression to the mean, but having a 49.3% shot-on-target ratio will do the trick as well. One thing to watch throughout the rest of Mané's career is that his dribbling is hitting a career low for a second straight season (just 1.61 per 90 minutes). However, that may also have to do with the shared responsibility of moving the ball towards goal with Mo Salah more than just a decrease in athleticism. You don't round Manuel Neuer and be graded as "losing a step" overnight.

Fabinho
Next up has been an underrated talent that has now become a mainstay in Liverpool's starting XI. Fabinho took some time to bed in, but now that Jordan Henderson has been phased out, the former Monaco man has taken his spot on the team with two hands and may be keeping it for the foreseeable future. Add in Georgino Wijnaldum's decline in his production and Naby Keita's lack of instant impact and Fabinho's season has been magnified much greater. Only James Milner provides the same well-rounded play that the Brazilian International has for his club from midfield. It has taken some time to get the recognition he's deserved, but now as he's gotten more starts from Klopp, his impact has been felt more and more with each performance.

Trent Alexander-Arnold
Lastly, it is an absolute pain to figure out who England's starting right back is at the moment. It could be Kyle Walker. It could be Kieran Trippier if you only put him in a position to David Beckham his way through 90 minutes. Or, it could be my choice in Trent Alexander-Arnold. Playing with such great talent around him definitely helps boost his stock alone, but you will struggle to find many that will rack up one goal, six assists and a 26.7% successful cross ratio in just his age-20 season. Bluntly, Walker hasn't delivered the same stats as he did a season ago and Trippier has been criticized with his poor defensive play. If the academy graduate can continue to improve, I seriously have no idea how far he'll go because the glass ceiling might as well be broken then. He's been that good for Liverpool. Add in Andrew Robertson's eight assists coming from the other flank, and you just have no idea how many eggs you're supposed to put in that one defensive basket.

https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2019/3/17/18268863/three-players-to-watch-matchday-31-vs-liverpool

WhiteJC

Tottenham favourites to sign Ryan Sessegnon as Fulham gem makes Man Utd choice - EXCLUSIVE
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR have been boosted in the pursuit of Fulham starlet Ryan Sessegnon, who is stalling on signing a new contract.

The left winger - who is out of contract at the end of next season - doesn't want to leave London.

And that is a mega blow to suitors Manchester United.

United have been preparing a staggering £50million bid for Sessegnon, 18, who is rated as one of the brightest young talents in the country.

Fulham have been trying to tie him down to a new long-term contract for months.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1101164/Tottenham-Ryan-Sessegnon-Fulham-Man-Utd-transfer-PSG

WhiteJC

Ryan Sessegnon's chance to make Jurgen Klopp think again over Liverpool transfer

Could boyhood Red Ryan Sessegnon be someone who could fill the left-back void this summer?

At the age of 25, Andy Robertson has firmly established himself as Liverpool's left-back for years to come.

However, despite the consistently sterling form of Scotland's captain, Jurgen Klopp might very well have a left-sided defensive problem on his hands this summer.

Alberto Moreno, it's fair to suggest, has never had the full trust of his Reds manager, and his status as back-up to Robertson is almost certain to end when the Spaniard's contract ends this summer.

Which could mean Liverpool will be in the market for a new left-sided defender.

So could boyhood Red Ryan Sessegnon be someone who could fill the void?

The 18-year-old was on Liverpool's radar in 2017 before interest cooled amid talk of a transfer to Tottenham, but the teenager remained at Fulham and has been one of their best players of what has been a troubled first year back in the Premier League.

Sessegnon's contract expires in the summer of 2020 meaning the next transfer window is realistically the Cottagers' last chance to sell the talented and versatile teen for a sizable sum.

Contract talks have reportedly stalled between the two parties and Sessegnon is unlikely to drop into the Championship, should Fulham fail to escape out of the bottom three.

"Many reports in the summer were quoting £50m for him," Ryan O'Donovan, who covers Fulham for the Football.London , told the ECHO this week .

"Fulham aren't going to get that much this summer if they do opt to sell, especially with just a year left on his contract.

"But there will be a team out there, a Liverpool under Jurgen Klopp , or a Spurs under Mauricio Pochettino, that will look at Sessegnon and think, 'there is a player there, we can work with that player'.

"Maybe not necessarily a player who will come in and do things straightaway, but as a project, I think he's one of the most exciting talents in the country to work with."

The London-born Sessegnon was a Liverpool supporter growing up, with ex-Reds captain Steven Gerrard his idol as a youngster.

"I remember watching videos of Gerrard number 17, there was one goal I remember that he scored against Everton at Goodison Park (in 2001/02)," he said earlier this season .

"I always supported Liverpool so my dad bought me the Gerrard top, he was my favourite player."

Sessegnon has not started a game at left-back since November, with his versatility allowing him to operate in a variety of positions for Slavisa Jokanovic and Claudio Ranieri as they struggled to find a winning formula at Craven Cottage.

The classy Fulham starlet has more often than not been tasked with playing as a winger, but his attacking talents could easily be honed at Anfield as a left-back, given how much time Robertson spends in opposition territory.

Liverpool boss Klopp has already moulded one teenager into one of the finest full-backs around in Trent Alexander-Arnold, with the 20-year-old now established as an England regular after two years in the first team.

When Sessegnon steps out against his boyhood club at Craven Cottage on Sunday afternoon, he might be forgiven for thinking he would be able to repeat the trick at Anfield.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-sessegnons-chance-make-jurgen-15984678

WhiteJC

The dreadful Premier League record Liverpool want to inflict on Fulham - and Jurgen Klopp's 400 aim

Celebrated statistician Ged Rea has all the choicest facts and figures ahead of the Premier League showdown at Craven Cottage

Liverpool's Xherdan Shaqiri scores the second goal past Fulham goalkeeper Sergio Rico back in November (Image: GEOFF CADDICK/AFP/Getty Images)

Head to head: (League only) At Fulham: Liverpool 12 wins, Fulham 9 wins, draws 6. Overall: Liverpool 32 wins, Fulham 10 wins, draws 13.

Earlier this season Liverpool won 2-0 at Anfield with goals either side of half-time from Mo Salah and Xherdan Shaqiri. That defeat led to Fulham and coach Slavisa Jokanovic parting company.

The last meeting at Craven Cottage came in 2013-14 when Liverpool completed their second successive league double over the Cottagers by coming from behind twice. Daniel Sturridge and Philippe Coutinho cancelled out a Kolo Toure own goal and a strike from Kieran Richardson before Steven Gerrard won the game with a 91st minute penalty.

Only Simon Mignolet, Jordan Henderson and Daniel Sturridge remain at Anfield from the team that played that day.

Daniel Sturridge's only hat-trick for Liverpool came against Fulham at Craven Cottage in May 2013. It is his only hat-trick in senior club football.

Only 2 other Reds players have scored a hat-trick against Fulham – Maxi Rodriguez achieved the feat in a 5-2 win in London in May 2011 while Billy Liddell scored 3 at Anfield in September 1954. Maxi's hat-trick came in Liverpool's biggest league win at Fulham.

Overall in the Premier League Liverpool have won 17, drawn 4 and lost 6 of the 27 meetings while at Fulham they have recorded 8 victories while losing 5. There has yet to be a draw in their clashes in the Premier League era in London.

The last league draw at Craven Cottage came in December 1967 when Tony Hateley scored for the Reds in a 1-1 stalemate.

In the last 5 meetings home and away Liverpool have scored 16 times, conceding 3 and their 5 successive wins in that sequence is a record between the sides.

Liverpool have kept 10 clean sheets in the last 17 meetings home and away. They have won 5 and lost 2 of their last 7 visits to Fulham.

The Reds have won the last 2 league visits and look to complete a third successive win at Fulham for the first time.

The Reds have had 4 players red-carded against Fulham in the Premier League era - all at Craven Cottage - Josemi (2004), Philipp Degen and Jamie Carragher (2009) and Jay Spearing (2011).

Eleven goals have been scored by Liverpool substitutes against Fulham. Only Stoke (13) have conceded more to players coming off the bench for the Reds.

Steven Gerrard, Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge have scored most times against the Londoners for Liverpool in the Premier League era. All have netted 4 times.

Only against Aston Villa and Newcastle has Sturridge found the net on more occasions for the Reds in the Premier League, doing so 5 times.

The only 0-0 draw at Craven Cottage between the teams was in April 1963.

Sadio Mané has scored 4 goals in his last 3 league games and 8 in 8 in the top-flight. He has moved to within one goal of Mo Salah in both the league and all competitions this season. Mané has 16 in the Premier League and 19 in total.

He has scored 10 goals for the Reds in 2019, one more than he netted before New Year.

Fabinho has started 16 league games for Liverpool, with the Reds winning 12 and drawing 4.

Virgil van Dijk has scored more goals in his last 4 Reds appearances (3) than he had scored in his previous 55 games for the club (2).

Liverpool's last away league victory in the league came at Brighton in January - a 1-0 win with Mo Salah scoring from the penalty spot. Since then they have drawn at West Ham, Manchester United and Everton.

After 30 games of this season's league campaign they have, compared to the same stage of any previous Premier League season - their have their best goal difference (+51), they have conceded fewest goals (17), most points (73), and hold their joint highest league position (2nd).

A victory will see them beat last season's points total for the whole of the 38-match campaign (75). Their current tally of 73 beats their total in 18 previous complete Premier League seasons.

Virgil van Dijk has scored more goals in his last 4 Reds appearances (3) than he had scored in his previous 55 games for the club (2).

Liverpool's last away league victory in the league came at Brighton in January - a 1-0 win with Mo Salah scoring from the penalty spot. Since then they have drawn at West Ham, Manchester United and Everton.

After 30 games of this season's league campaign they have, compared to the same stage of any previous Premier League season - their have their best goal difference (+51), they have conceded fewest goals (17), most points (73), and hold their joint highest league position (2nd).

A victory will see them beat last season's points total for the whole of the 38-match campaign (75). Their current tally of 73 beats their total in 18 previous complete Premier League seasons.

The Reds have conceded only one second half goal in their last 9 matches in league and cup.

Fulham have lost all 10 of their games against the top-6 this season, scoring 6 times and conceding 30.

Sergio Rico conceded 5 goals to Liverpool last season in 2 Champions League games while with Sevilla. He was on the bench when the Spaniards beat Liverpool in the 2016 Europa League Final.

Fulham have lost 9 of their last 10 league games and have suffered 6 top-flight defeats in a row for the second time this season.

They have conceded 2 or more goals in 10 successive league games - equalling the Premier League record held by Wimbledon and West Brom and for 11 in a row in all competitions.

Fulham have conceded 2 goals or more in the first half of 11 league games this season.

The Cottagers have conceded 68 goals this season - more than any other team in the division. They have not scored more than once in any of the last 6 games.

Aleksandar Mitrovic has scored all 10 of his goals this season in the league but he has not scored in the last 6.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dreadful-premier-league-record-liverpool-15985225

WhiteJC

Liverpool vs Fulham: Cottagers have a sense of impending doom

Liverpool travel to London to take on Fulham in the Premier League and the Cottagers have a sense of impending doom for the Sunday kick off.

And according to Friends of Fulham, their mob have a sense of impending doom surrounding the game and you can't really judge them for it.

The Lilywhites have been poor all season. They've got a defence which has more holes than a Swiss cheese and a management strategy that essentially boils down to third time lucky. And when has that ever failed anyone?

So it's not surprised that the forum isn't exactly overflowing with hope and optimism. Mohamed Salah has gone through a dry patch recently and that's making Fulham fans even more convinced he'll bag loads on Sunday and tear their defence to shreds.

Which is highly likely, come to think of it.

Another worry is Jurgen Klopp starting some of the fringe players. You know who we're talking about: Divock Origi, Daniel Sturridge, Adam Lallana, Xherdan Shaqiri. Those blokes.

They're the type of lads who can pull a rabbit out of the hat and surprise, but if they have off days Klopp can summon Salah or Roberto Firmino who'll immediately start running the Cottagers ragged.

The sight of Firmino warming up will probably give Scott Parker a dicky tummy.

Fair play to the FoF thread for not sugar coating things. Nearly every comment predicts a loss, and you can't really look much further past that.

Upsets do happen, and Liverpool will have to be on their toes. The Premier League is a snarling beast of a league and Fulham spent a lot of money in the summer. They have quality in attack. Aleksandar Mitrovic is good, I promise, while Andre Schurrle has pedigree and Ryan Sessegnon can and has got the better of defenders much older than him.

But all those things considered, and, well, Fulham are down the bottom for a reason and anything less than a 3-0 win will probably be seen as a weak performance.

https://rushthekop.com/2019/03/17/liverpool-vs-fulham-cottagers-sense-impending-doom/

WhiteJC

Reds win at Fulham would mean more than just claiming PL top spot

Liverpool will beat last season's Premier League points total if the Reds are able to register a victory at Craven Cottage this weekend.

Jurgen Klopp's men now sit on 73 points and adding a further three would see us climb to the top of the Premier League table, but that's not all.

The Reds managed a tally of 75 last season. A win this weekend and we'd hit 76 with seven games remaining.

Last year's statistics are stunning and we're somehow doing even better now. Crazy!

Manchester City managed to collect 100 points last season but are only able to pick up a maximum of 98 this year.

If we win all of our remaining games then we'll have collected 97 points.

Our current best ever Premier League finish was the 2008/09 season; the Reds picked up 86 points but finished second to Manchester United.

Our points tally for 2017/18 is our fifth best in the Premier League era and it speak volumes of Klopp's impact at Liverpool.

The Reds have won the last five meetings with the Cottagers across all competitions – a new club record run versus the London side.

Liverpool have won 17, drawn four and lost six of their 27 Premier League meetings with the Cottagers so the numbers are on our side to get the job done.

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2019/03/17/reds-league-win-at-fulham/