Christie
0 (0%)
Kebano
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 255

Voting closed: March 18, 2019, 04:04:23 PM

Whitesideup

Quote from: Matt10 on March 17, 2019, 06:24:34 PM
Lots to choose from. Babel was our only threat in the attack. He took the game to Liverpool, honestly, so I'll pick him. However, Ream and Chambers were solid, not to mention Bryan and TFM. I really can't pick anyone who did anything wrong. My only concern was, and it is surprising to say this, but Mitro struggled. I think it was more so the good coverage from VVD and Matip though. Mitro was lazy a couple times as well though with the offsides, but he definitely tried to make a difference.

Good performance overall. Unfortunate that Rico's lack of confidence in catching the ball cost us. Hope he can regain it back and the coaches can work their magic with him. That, or maybe it's Fabri's 2nd try time.
To be fair, Mitro was playing against what is probably the best centre half in the world.  And the Dutch one wasn't bad either.

Southcoastffc

When I saw the line-up I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. But I was wrong. Good team performance, lots of good individual performances, notably Zambo, Babel, Bryan and (can't believe I'm saying this) Fosu-Mensah.   I've voted for Bryan, never stopped working hard, and succeeding, at giving Salah a tough time and making attacking forays. His best game for us I think.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Matt10

Quote from: Whitesideup on March 17, 2019, 08:22:41 PM
Lots to choose from. Babel was our only threat in the attack. He took the game to Liverpool, honestly, so I'll pick him. However, Ream and Chambers were solid, not to mention Bryan and TFM. I really can't pick anyone who did anything wrong. My only concern was, and it is surprising to say this, but Mitro struggled. I think it was more so the good coverage from VVD and Matip though. Mitro was lazy a couple times as well though with the offsides, but he definitely tried to make a difference.

Good performance overall. Unfortunate that Rico's lack of confidence in catching the ball cost us. Hope he can regain it back and the coaches can work their magic with him. That, or maybe it's Fabri's 2nd try time.
To be fair, Mitro was playing against what is probably the best centre half in the world.  And the Dutch one wasn't bad either.

Yes...that's what I said.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Matt10 on March 17, 2019, 08:52:10 PM

OK - see what you mean. But then I don't find it something "surprising" or indeed why it should be such a concern. It was always going to be a tough game. He won a few headers, did the odd good thing, and you are right, could have avoided a couple of the offsides. Very hard though to impose himself.

Matt10

Quote from: Whitesideup on March 17, 2019, 10:07:35 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on March 17, 2019, 08:52:10 PM

OK - see what you mean. But then I don't find it something "surprising" or indeed why it should be such a concern. It was always going to be a tough game. He won a few headers, did the odd good thing, and you are right, could have avoided a couple of the offsides. Very hard though to impose himself.
Right, sorry that wasn't super clear of me. I meant more so that it's surprising because not many players put a foot wrong, and oddly enough, the one who usually is top, or very near, of the list, takes the bottom side of it this go around.

hovewhite

Anguissa but close for babel just a shame good performances coming to late ,Parker having a good audition.

Friendsoffulham

Congratulations to André-Frank Zambo Anguissa for winning the FOF MOTM v Liverpool

Dixie

Bryan for me, Liverpool had no joy down our left. He kept Salah quiet for the majority of the match
Special mentions for Anguissa, Ream and Ayite.
In fact most players had a decent game, even Rico made some good saves before the obligatory blunder!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

filham

Good to see we have voted for Anguissa, he  looked so poor earlier in the season, more of the same is going to mean so much to the team and could result in us having the best midfield in the championship next season.

Early days of course, more water to flow under the bridge before I should start making predictions like this for next season.

YankeeJim

Any one else notice that our three "best" players, Mitro, TC and Sess garnered a total of 4 votes from over 200 cast?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ALG01

Quote from: YankeeJim on March 19, 2019, 09:55:51 PM
Any one else notice that our three "best" players, Mitro, TC and Sess garnered a total of 4 votes from over 200 cast?

Mitro got presious little service but worked his socks off and won most of his headers
TC was a thorn in their side all day drawing two and sometimes three markers
Sess came on late and played a blinder when on, he was brillaint but for so little time.

Whilst i am sure you are trying to make a point with your comments and the three you mention are clearly our three best players week in week out, other players deserve to be recognised. And whilst I understand why Anguisa won the award and Bryan had a brilliant game too in truth ream was head and shoulders above the rest. What he did to salah was a revelation. a slowish defender had a lightning quick world class forward in his pocket all game but it was not quite as catching as players that have been a mega disapointment all season doing rather better.