The referee ensures a Liverpool win against us

Started by The Old Count, March 17, 2019, 04:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

Slaphead in Qatar

Clear penalty - Rico lost the game for us not the ref

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 14, 2019, 05:46:54 PM
Prediction: Sadio Mané to dive at least THREE times and get free kicks EVERY time!

Rico made a mistake but Mané dived theactrically as predicted!  Penalty was hit at Rico also, he moved out of the way - should be Rico's last match for Fulham.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

mancwhite

He is a good shot stopper but not a good goal keeper - does not control the area - poor on crosses rarely catches punches poorly- in the build up to the first goal Chambers is begging him to come for the ball but he never does meaning Chambers has to hoof the ball and we lose possession from which they score. Button would have been just as good/bad if Bents was injured. Has cost us many points this season
Your just too good to be true Fulham

Brightster#2

Rico had his arms on him but the way he dived!!!!

Nick Bateman

They say a good goalkeeper is either brave or mad.  Rico is neither of those.  Buy Joe Hart next season!

PS: One has to compliment Sky's neutrality, two Liverpool pundits in the studio and Jamie "Spit" Carragher in the commentary.  Independent Tim Cahill said it was no penalty however.

cottage expat

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on March 17, 2019, 04:10:09 PM

+1. An idiotic goalkeeping error . It was a clear penalty.

Wingnut

Very soft penalty penalty, in my opinion. His dive was embarrassing and it would not have been given if that was one of our players. Not the kind of decision you should be getting on the road.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: mancwhite on March 17, 2019, 04:16:40 PM
He is a good shot stopper but not a good goal keeper - does not control the area - poor on crosses rarely catches punches poorly- in the build up to the first goal Chambers is begging him to come for the ball but he never does meaning Chambers has to hoof the ball and we lose possession from which they score. Button would have been just as good/bad if Bents was injured. Has cost us many points this season

I wouldn't go as far as your last comment, but I agree with everything else.   He's conceded probably as many goals as he's made good saves...but the overall defense is what cost Fulham points this year.

TODAY...Rico cost the game.    I don't think it was a penalty, but he should have caught the initial ball in.

I won't miss Rico next season.

I'd like to see a few of the other loaners come back though.     Babel, Fosu-Mensah (he has upside regardless of what he people say about him), Chambers...

Those 3 players could excel in the Championship and they aren't going to get minutes on their home teams.

Rico....BYE.

Logicalman

Quote from: cottage expat on March 17, 2019, 04:20:56 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on March 17, 2019, 04:10:09 PM

+1. An idiotic goalkeeping error . It was a clear penalty.

Totally agree.

His inability to catch and hold ANYTHING that comes his way is a liability for us, week-in and week-out we see the same from him. Add the panic he showed this time in grabbing at the striker and the inevitable end was a penalty.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Fernhurst

Ref very relieved to give penalty...... didn't want to upset Liverpool/Premier League .......
Experienced so many times now......
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

hovewhite

Wasn't there a topic handball,if so wasn't he picked.

The Old Count

Quote from: Wingnut on March 17, 2019, 04:20:56 PM
Very soft penalty penalty, in my opinion. His dive was embarrassing and it would not have been given if that was one of our players. Not the kind of decision you should be getting on the road.
I'm certain that it wouldn't have been given if it had been one of our players. And would Mitro's goal have stood if that had been Salah?

grandad

Replayed the "pen" from all angles. Tim Cahill had it spot on. Rico didn´t grab Mane down. His hand just brushed across the front of Mane´s shirt. VAR would have overturned the pen.

It is so sad to see obvious world class players cheat. Then also to grin like a Cheshire cat after the award & also at the final whistle.
Hernandez school of cheating gets a new scholar.
Where there's a will there's a wife

DevonFFC

Are we ignoring the fact Fabinho should have gone before half time with two challenges insider 5 mins. Had he not have been on a yellow he would have got one for that tackle, the public want Man City to win the league but seems the FA are determined as hell to make sure Liverpool get in there first

Nick Bateman

Quote from: DevonFFC on March 17, 2019, 04:43:24 PM
Are we ignoring the fact Fabinho should have gone before half time with two challenges insider 5 mins. Had he not have been on a yellow he would have got one for that tackle, the public want Man City to win the league but seems the FA are determined as hell to make sure Liverpool get in there first

Agreed!

toshes mate

Haven't seen any replays yet but I would guess that had Becker put an arm around Ayite's waist and our man had thrown himself to the ground in the same theatrical manner as Mane then he would have booked for simulation.  We all know it is going on; the FA knows it is going on; the officials know it is going on; but none of them is big enough to stop it.

SP

Logicalman

Quote from: SP on March 17, 2019, 06:55:58 PM
I thought the ref had a decent game.

Shhhhh  :033:  They might notice you're speaking some sense  :022:  :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.