The referee ensures a Liverpool win against us

Started by The Old Count, March 17, 2019, 04:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Quote from: filham on March 18, 2019, 05:09:35 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on March 18, 2019, 03:46:40 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 17, 2019, 04:11:42 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 14, 2019, 05:46:54 PM
Prediction: Sadio Mané to dive at least THREE times and get free kicks EVERY time!

Rico made a mistake but Mané dived theactrically as predicted!  Penalty was hit at Rico also, he moved out of the way - should be Rico's last match for Fulham.

To be honest, FFC's goalkeeping this season has been rather poor.  Needs an upgrade heading into the Championship.  Our keepers (mostly Rico?) have not been sure of themselves, punching away many balls/crosses/corners/etc when it was surely clear that the ball could have been easily caught.  Lots of unnecessary punch outs tells me the keeper isn't sure of himself and hasn't taken steps to be in the right position.  Sure, a few spectacular saves here and there, but every keeper at this level makes great saves, it's expected at this level.  But moving forward, methinks FFC had better improve on their goal tending.
I think we will have to make the best of Betts, hard to see a really good keeper wanting to play for us in the Championship with our defensive record.

Well, that would be disappointing.  This defense is leaky enough, and a stronger keeper would almost seem a requirement/high priority.  Anyway, you may be right, FFC will be a level lower, and may be difficult to recruit a strong net minder.  I do feel though, that throughout this season, our goal keeping has been well below average, even taking into account that our back 4 or 5 haven't been very good. 

Sting of the North

Quote from: WindyCity on March 19, 2019, 03:01:02 PM
Quote from: filham on March 18, 2019, 05:09:35 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on March 18, 2019, 03:46:40 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 17, 2019, 04:11:42 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 14, 2019, 05:46:54 PM
Prediction: Sadio Mané to dive at least THREE times and get free kicks EVERY time!

Rico made a mistake but Mané dived theactrically as predicted!  Penalty was hit at Rico also, he moved out of the way - should be Rico's last match for Fulham.

To be honest, FFC's goalkeeping this season has been rather poor.  Needs an upgrade heading into the Championship.  Our keepers (mostly Rico?) have not been sure of themselves, punching away many balls/crosses/corners/etc when it was surely clear that the ball could have been easily caught.  Lots of unnecessary punch outs tells me the keeper isn't sure of himself and hasn't taken steps to be in the right position.  Sure, a few spectacular saves here and there, but every keeper at this level makes great saves, it's expected at this level.  But moving forward, methinks FFC had better improve on their goal tending.
I think we will have to make the best of Betts, hard to see a really good keeper wanting to play for us in the Championship with our defensive record.

Well, that would be disappointing.  This defense is leaky enough, and a stronger keeper would almost seem a requirement/high priority.  Anyway, you may be right, FFC will be a level lower, and may be difficult to recruit a strong net minder.  I do feel though, that throughout this season, our goal keeping has been well below average, even taking into account that our back 4 or 5 haven't been very good.

I think we will be fine. Bettinelli is a competent Championship keeper, and so is Rodak according to reports. We also at the moment have Fabri.

Ronnief

Magnus Norman is at this moment our third choice keeper. He is an imposing looking keeper standing 193cm, and played for Rochdale on loan up until January when he was recalled to deputise for Betts. No one seems to mention him when considering keepers for next Season. I suggest next season our the main Keepers should be Betts, Norman and Rodak.