News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where has that Anguissa and Joe Bryan been all season?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, March 17, 2019, 04:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rational Fan

Quote from: wormbridge on March 18, 2019, 11:24:29 AM
Quote from: Chutney on March 18, 2019, 11:23:17 AM
Parker played anguissa's role and was one of the best in the league at it for a decade, anguissa will hopefully learn a lot from him.

It's a really interesting point, although the bloke's played in a european final already so not completely green.  But sure some premiership know-how can be imparted.

Anguissa was well known before he joined Fulham, the question is why do Fulham Fans assume he's is poo just because he was rubbish at Fulham. Newcastle fans made the same mistake about Mitrovoic. Chelsea fans thought the same of Salah and De Brunye. If he plays rubbish at Fulham, was he always shite or did he suddenly become shite? And, Why?

@jolslover

Parker played anguissa's role and was one of the best in the league at it for a decade, anguissa will hopefully learn a lot from him.

I do think Parker really likes Anguissa. At full time yesterday the two of them walked round the pitch together to applaud the fans and had a long chat, with Parker having his arm around Anguissa the whole time.
STH H3

wormbridge

Quote from: @jolslover on March 18, 2019, 11:53:55 AM

I do think Parker really likes Anguissa. At full time yesterday the two of them walked round the pitch together to applaud the fans and had a long chat, with Parker having his arm around Anguissa the whole time.

that's brilliant.  I wonder about confidence a bit, too.  So if Parker's building him up so much the better.

snarks

Anguissa and Bryan were good, TFM was OK, in my view an upgrade on Denis and Cyrus.

I put a lot of this down to SP, I can't believe the step up in performance from CR.

ToodlesMcToot

Answering the OP: I don't know but, I hope they'll go back there until early September. This season is toast and I'd very much like these two and many others in this team to remain and push us back to promotion next season.

My only concern right now is to see how Parker gets on within matches, whether he's capable with his game planning for varied opponents and with his substitutions and, most importantly, if the squad want to play for him. I won't mind being incorrect in my assumption that he won't cut it.....inexperience and such (I can be short-sighted that way sometimes). Admittedly, I haven't been able to watch much lately as my son and daughter have their own sporting endeavors currently gobbling up viewing time.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

snarks

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on March 18, 2019, 12:27:03 PM
Answering the OP: I don't know but, I hope they'll go back there until early September. This season is toast and I'd very much like these two and many others in this team to remain and push us back to promotion next season.

My only concern right now is to see how Parker gets on within matches, whether he's capable with his game planning for varied opponents and with his substitutions and, most importantly, if the squad want to play for him. I won't mind being incorrect in my assumption that he won't cut it.....inexperience and such (I can be short-sighted that way sometimes). Admittedly, I haven't been able to watch much lately as my son and daughter have their own sporting endeavors currently gobbling up viewing time.

I think he's got his lineups and substitutions spot on in the last 3, seems to have plans depending on opponents

Mike the White

I just can't get past the idea that if Scott had been given the job instead of Ranieri, we would have been 4 or 5 places above where we are now - sadly it's a case of too little too late. at least we are going down with a bit of restored pride

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mike the White on March 18, 2019, 12:50:42 PM
I just can't get past the idea that if Scott had been given the job instead of Ranieri, we would have been 4 or 5 places above where we are now - sadly it's a case of too little too late. at least we are going down with a bit of restored pride

I think that naive as Scott Parker was there and Raneri would have known Parkers thoughts. If Parkers ideas were so good, why didn't Raneri try them towards the end.

MrFFC

Bryan will be good for us next season. Anguissa was good yesterday will be interesting to see if we hold on to him for next season or if he is flogged to a team abroad
Come on you Whites!! :)

ALG01

IMO Anguissa and Bryan played well yesterday but Bryan is still not the required standard and we do need far better.

Anguissa? Well I thought that was the best game I had seen him play by a mile. His interceptions were very good, he was not too wasteful with the ball, and actually could have been braver with a few more forward passes, and all in all was a decent display. But there are three thoughts about him. First, I suspect the way Liverpool play may have suited him, counter intuitive perhaps but Liverpool are not the standard blood and thunder style. Second, it was a good performance based on what we have seen so far and he still made a few basic errors especially when he picked up the ball and started running forward. and third can he keep it up consistently.

In the end I was really p-leased to see him at last start to do well, I still happen to think it was still below the level expected for a player with his reputed price tag, but a major step in the right direction and I hope he keeps it up!

Statto

I said on the team selection thread that I'm sure the midfield trio we intended to play this season was the trio that played Saturday, Seri/Anguissa/Cairney, and if we can get those 3 playing well together, that's a big upgrade on the trio of Johansen/McDonald/Cairney IMO and would destroy any Championship opposition next year.

My worry with Parker is he seems to say and do all the right things but whenever he's been at the club, we seem to lose or do poorly. That trend appears to be continuing - yes it seems great for him to put an arm around Anguissa etc but that's still 3 straight losses since he took charge.

snarks

Quote from: Statto on March 18, 2019, 04:07:01 PM
I said on the team selection thread that I'm sure the midfield trio we intended to play this season was the trio that played Saturday, Seri/Anguissa/Cairney, and if we can get those 3 playing well together, that's a big upgrade on the trio of Johansen/McDonald/Cairney IMO and would destroy any Championship opposition next year.

My worry with Parker is he seems to say and do all the right things but whenever he's been at the club, we seem to lose or do poorly. That trend appears to be continuing - yes it seems great for him to put an arm around Anguissa etc but that's still 3 straight losses since he took charge.

And Bale didn't play in a winning spurs side for how many games after he signed? Not a dig but sometimes it takes a while for things to come together

Statto

Quote from: snarks on March 18, 2019, 06:23:09 PM
Quote from: Statto on March 18, 2019, 04:07:01 PM

And Bale didn't play in a winning spurs side for how many games after he signed? Not a dig but sometimes it takes a while for things to come together

Maybe

But this is Parker's 5th season at Fulham in one capacity or another and in that time it's likely we'll have finished as follows

19th (relegated)
17th
20th
6th (lost in play-offs)
19th (relegated)

Certainly he doesn't seem to bring much luck with him

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on March 18, 2019, 08:48:47 PM

Maybe
But this is Parker's 5th season at Fulham in one capacity or another and in that time it's likely we'll have finished as follows
19th (relegated)

Certainly he doesn't seem to bring much luck with him

Scott Parker's job was to get players playing near their best, Anguissa isn't anywhere near as his best even against Liverpool and thats the best his played in Six Months. The same can be said for TFM, Ream, Bryan, Seri, Johansen, Cairney, Sessegnon, Schullre and Chambers at CB.

Scott Parker's job was to help Slavisa not make stupid mistakes, yet the bench against Huddersfield (not Man City) we had four defenders, McDonald and Johasen on the bench.

Scott Parker's job was to help Raneri not make stupid mistakes, yet he didn't stop Raneri tinkering with the lineup after the Brighton game and didn't stop him subsituting a forward with a back when we were behind.

Inside the club  they must know, whether in the above situtations Scott Parker assisted correctly or was blocked by others. If he didn't do enough or could have done more, then Parker has failed at his old role and doesn't deserves a promotion.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: General on March 18, 2019, 11:21:14 AM
I think you perhaps when critical of players fail to understand the significance of man management and its role in football (an in general life). Making someone feel understood, valued and to the point they feel comfortable and themselves and can and want to give back is probably the key thing in life between have and have nots, success and failure..
Well said General.
Very true about how people are treated in the workplace.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jims Dentist on March 21, 2019, 07:24:56 PM
Quote from: General on March 18, 2019, 11:21:14 AM
I think you perhaps when critical of players fail to understand the significance of man management and its role in football (an in general life). Making someone feel understood, valued and to the point they feel comfortable and themselves and can and want to give back is probably the key thing in life between have and have nots, success and failure..
Well said General.
Very true about how people are treated in the workplace.

👍⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: @jolslover on March 18, 2019, 11:53:55 AM

Of course, Parker loves Anguissa, he knows very well that got him to get the job someone is going to have improve the quality of the side, and Odoi cannot do better.

clarkey

Both will be excellent next year.

Worth the wait. Cairney will need protecting and backing up next year that is why we need to keep Seri.We also desperately need a good full back/winger like Matt Targett
£15m would have been fine...it would have saved this season basically.It did for Slavisa having such poor full backs on offer for his system.