watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just got back

Started by Peabody, March 17, 2019, 05:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

That was not bad. Whilst they were the better team, they were not up to their normal standards and we definitely frightened them. We, once again allowed them to get a silly goal lead, by not closing down but we fought back well. I would like someone to give a judgement on both, the penalty and our offside goal. Oh, and for all you big Frank lovers, he was my man of the match, closely followed by Joe Brian

Mince n Tatties

Still on train home,a little better but think it was mainly their game in Munich catching up with them,late on.
The new manager bounce hasn't worked for us.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 17, 2019, 05:41:35 PM
Still on train home,a little better but think it was mainly their game in Munich catching up with them,late on.

Ever the optimist . . .

bobby01

Mr Peabody,personally I think it was a certain penalty, and there were 4 of them offside for the goal.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Skatzoffc

Deffo offside.
Silly pull back by our keeper let them off of the hook.
imo they may not have got the winner otherwise.

A shame as we played well, whilst they were poor.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Bill2

Quote from: Peabody on March 17, 2019, 05:34:24 PM
That was not bad. Whilst they were the better team, they were not up to their normal standards and we definitely frightened them. We, once again allowed them to get a silly goal lead, by not closing down but we fought back well. I would like someone to give a judgement on both, the penalty and our offside goal. Oh, and for all you big Frank lovers, he was my man of the match, closely followed by Joe Brian

Couldn't see the penalty but RS was offside.

Robbie

If we had played like that for 20 winnable games we would be comfortably mid-table !

filham

Not at all bad, much better than I expected, Liverpool clearly the better side but we gave them a run for their money.

Parker yet to get a point but with our performances against Chelsea and Liverpool he is accumulating a few brownie points. hope they will count for something when considering him for the job next season.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 17, 2019, 05:41:35 PM

Agree.   But the new manager appears to understand the players strengths and weaknesses and they've looked better the past two games for it.   Scott can't make the keeper play better.

Optimistic for the Championship.   The team is playing well.

davew

Quote from: Robbie on March 17, 2019, 06:54:18 PM
If we had played like that for 20 winnable games we would be comfortably mid-table !

We were allowed to play like that, Liverpool treated it like a training session, let's not get carried away...again!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: filham on March 17, 2019, 06:54:24 PM
Not at all bad, much better than I expected, Liverpool clearly the better side but we gave them a run for their money.

Parker yet to get a point but with our performances against Chelsea and Liverpool he is accumulating a few brownie points. hope they will count for something when considering him for the job next season.
Yeah Parker has got a 100% record so far, we need to wait and see what happens when we play some of the winnable games, are there any left?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Shame about the mistakes that cost us today, but we are looking more like a team under Scott Parker, and his game management is better than the previous managers this season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FulhamStu

Is Frank still crap.... I have defended him and been attacked for it.   

Andy S

You are too kind to Liverpool Yes they won and yes they were slightly the better side but for my money they were rather lucky for both goals. If the keeper hadn't dived with such force he may well have got a hand on that

Luka

Quote from: davew on March 17, 2019, 07:01:13 PM
Quote from: Robbie on March 17, 2019, 06:54:18 PM

We were allowed to play like that, Liverpool treated it like a training session, let's not get carried away...again!!
Liverpool were in first gear then upped it to second to get the winner.
At no point today did I think we would  get something..........they were hardly breaking sweat.

bog

I had to settle for the Talksport commentary. They made us sound hopeless first half, were we? A little bit better 2nd half but not a lot. How did Fosu-Mensah play?  Ray Houghton was the pundit and it was pretty obvious which side had his undivided attentions. 

092.gif

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: bog on March 17, 2019, 08:47:21 PM
I had to settle for the Talksport commentary. They made us sound hopeless first half, were we? A little bit better 2nd half but not a lot. How did Fosu-Mensah play?  Ray Houghton was the pundit and it was pretty obvious which side had his undivided attentions. 

092.gif

Houghton not only never has a good word to say about us he barely acknowledges he played for us

Bracken White

Thought it was a meritable performance & I, for one, would hope that the present Management Team would be given the nod in the Championship. Thought the defence looked tighter. Cairney, Anguissa & Babel played well - plsd to see Ayite in the Team. Odd there was no McDonald or Nordtviet involved & Sessegnon threatened when he came on.
Nowhere near perfect, it's true - but more of a Team with some fight.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

ken 44

Spot on and agree with you.Ken44

grandad

It was not a training session. In the second half they were running scared. The pen was very harsh. At every corner & set piece you see far worse shirt tugging, pulling, pushing & obstruction which are rarely punished. Mane should have been carded for over reaction for which was just a brush of the hand. But hey, it´s what the "big" clubs get every week.
Where there's a will there's a wife