watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

LFC fans in Riverside Ejected

Started by Neil D, March 17, 2019, 06:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil D

A Fulham supporter a couple of rows down from me in Block S summoned a couple of stewards to eject three Liverpool supporters (probably just up from Virginia Water)- a dad and his two teenage children- in the row in front of me.  It seems the father had celebrated the Liverpool goal - though I didn't notice this and they were directly in front of me (admittedly I had my head in hands at the time) so it couln't have been too in-your-face.  Anyway, the Fulham fan - an elderly gent in his seventies, I would say - was shouting angrily at them and pointed out the three of them to the stewards.  The girl, about 15,  looked visibly shocked and the father pleaded with the stewards to be allowed to stay and promised not to do or say anything further.  Anyway, they were removed.

I have to say I thought the Fulham fan over-reacted - he was really angry, ranting really.  I did feel sorry for the Liverpool fans and thought - yes, they shouldn't have been there but they were quiet (goal apart, it seems).  It is a sad state of affairs when fans can't mix in the same way rugby fans do but the tribalism in football probably runs deeper and is more visceral.  If they had been fans of ANY other club I probably would have intervened and asked the stewards to let them stay. 

SP

Try doing that at Anfield.  I'm sure we've all sat in the wrong end but I have no sympathy for anyone who celebrates - asking for trouble.

70sPimlico

An elderly angry fulham fan.

Is there a place that a few of them go to chat?

Oh, hang on

Buffalo76

They shouldn't have been in the home supporters section. End of.
That's it and that's all.

Andy S

Yes We have all done it but you have to keep quiet and when the stewards come along tell them you are not a Liverpool or a Fulham fan and this is your first time at a football match................Hopefully you will be allowed to stay. As for supporters doing dirty business like that....................

MikeTheCubed

Only at Fulham could you get a supporter come on a message board in a scenario such as this and say "I thought the Fulham supporter over reacted". It wouldn't happen at any other club. I have no sympathy for the adult Liverpool supporter here, and I'm 25% scouser.

Logicalman

I agree with both responses here, some level of sympathy combined with the 'what were they doing there' attitude.

The much bigger question for me is: How the hell did they manage to get tickets for those seats to begin with.

Did the father lie to the club and get a membership pretending to be a Fulham Fan?
Did a member get the tickets for them?
Was it an ST holder who gave them the ticket?

Either of the last two should see the member banned from CC and cancellation of their membership/ST for the remainder.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

bobbo

I too am in the riverside and had 5 Liverpool fans all in the row directly in front of me and they couldn't help themselves celebrate the first goal but only mildly.
I too am in my seventies and I do object to having them there but as long as there's no threat I'm not going to call a steward.

BTW we get this situation almost every home game against the big clubs, there were half a dozen Man U , few weeks ago and same amount of Chelsea last home game. It's not right but hey ho.

I also saw some being ejected from the Johnny Haynes stand.

Lastly I was surrounded by villa fans at Wembley in £95 seats and that started to get tetchy.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Westlondonffc

So getting away fans out of the home end is overreacting? Christ some of our fans are absolute drips

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Westlondonffc on March 17, 2019, 07:45:42 PM
So getting away fans out of the home end is overreacting? Christ some of our fans are absolute drips

:54:

Statto

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on March 17, 2019, 07:50:15 PM

:54:

Agreed.
Sick of other clubs taking the pi&& out of us and thinking you can just go in the home stand (among other things)

bill taylors apprentice

There are many rows of seats in the Riverside (and probably elsewhere) that I know are covered by ST's and yet different people sit there every game.
Sometimes middle class white families, sometimes east European young men, North Americans, Scandinavians etc etc

Clearly these tickets are sold on to "visitors" on a match by match basis, sometimes they are genuine tourists, sometimes not.

Funny enough this wasn't so much an issue while we were in the Championship!

Bill2

Saw a Liverpool fan walking with a beer in his hand at half time, was in two minds to nudge him and spill his beer, but I prefer to take the moral high ground in these situstions.

Neil D

You would have had to see the shocked expression on the face of the girl being shouted at.  I didn't feel sorry for the adult but the kids seemed distressed.  The boy was probably 12 or 13. 

WokingFFC

I am pleased to hear they were removed and good on the old guy, at least he had the balls to notify the stewards. It states on all tickets that no away fans are permitted in to 'home' arsas, so I am pleased they got what they deserved

SP

Feels like the birth of the Riverside Ultras, well overdue & we've found a leader.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I've been in the home end several times, noteably v Villa and Man Utd in the cup run.

I'm surprised that some fans on here think it's possible to keep quiet if your team scores away
from home.
And more so considering the importance of both of Liverpools goals today.

It's pure instinct and passion, you can't just sit there and mutter to yourself  "Good golly, we've just scored
and we're now top of the PS"

Worst is a Fuham fan creating such a fuss, but even worse is throwing them out like that

I at least got 2 warnings at Villa Park, fortunately we only scored 2 that day
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

johnny too bad

Quote from: WokingFFC on March 17, 2019, 09:14:51 PM
I am pleased to hear they were removed and good on the old guy, at least he had the balls to notify the stewards. It states on all tickets that no away fans are permitted in to 'home' arsas, so I am pleased they got what they deserved
Yeah, but they didn't get what they deserved did they?
Proper football supporters would have gang raped the girl, sodomised the boy and chucked the father in the Thames. To listen to some on here, you'd think that football was only a game.

grandad

When Wimbledon played Liverpool in the Cup Final I won a ticket in a raffle. As I lived in Southfields I went to support Wimbledon. However I found myself in the Liverpool end. How I managed to stop from cheering the goal I don´t know.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fcfulham55

Glad they were tossers out. The tossed.

I have had a few today.
Sent from my Nokia 3310