https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

LFC fans in Riverside Ejected

Started by Neil D, March 17, 2019, 06:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Quote from: Chesh on March 18, 2019, 11:44:37 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on March 18, 2019, 11:28:35 AM
The rules have to be enforced when found to be blatantly broken, otherwise teams like Liverpool and Man U would just take over the Cottage.

I was in  a home end at West ham when we  won there in in Div. 2, about 1980, and celebrated  a Fulham goal - we won the game, and was told by the police that I had to leave or I would be taken into protective custody - and I probably would have got a hiding from WH fans  if i'd stayed.

I doubt it's much different at West Ham now.

It's true  opposing fans do think we're a soft touch, and laugh at us having a Neutral Zone - I've witnessed this talking to away fans in the pub before the game.
I agree Ray, but can't there be a bit of common sense when it comes to who should get turfed out and how?

There will always be people in the wrong end, but it shouldn't be the crime that it's deemed to be imo, unless they are making things unreasonable uncomfortable for those around them.

I'll be honest, if there was a dad and his kids celebrating a goal near me yesterday, I wouldn't have made it my duty to ensure they were thrown out, unless they were also rubbing our noses in it.

I don't think this zero tolerance approach is necessary, as it is a sad reflection on our ability to live and let live - it's only football FFS.

Yes Chesh, but tickets to home areas were only available for season ticket holders and Members weren't they - and there are these restrictins for good reason, to ensure loyal fans get tickets, and for security reasons.

I remember the 60's when fans just mixed together, and witnessed the early hooliganism- fighting in the Hammy End as opposing fans tried to 'take it.' That wasn't very good to take your children  into, or for me as a child myself on my own, was it?

Violence is again rearing its head around football, and Liverpool particularly have a reputation.

I get the point aout turning a blind eye to a bloke with his kids, but  if the rule ins't enforced when openly transgressed, then there would be no point in it. One soluton would be to move the bloke and kids to the away end - surely there were seats available, even though the game was sold out? and maybe that is what happned, but probably not when I think about it - the rules are clear, and  the person who sold the tickets on can also be traced and subject to punitive action.

KJS

If an away fan sits in the home end and cannot refrain from celebrating the away team scoring then he has no respect for the home fans and should be kicked out unceremoniously😠

Dixie

Quote from: bobbo on March 17, 2019, 07:38:05 PM
I too am in the riverside and had 5 Liverpool fans all in the row directly in front of me and they couldn't help themselves celebrate the first goal but only mildly.
I too am in my seventies and I do object to having them there but as long as there's no threat I'm not going to call a steward.

BTW we get this situation almost every home game against the big clubs, there were half a dozen Man U , few weeks ago and same amount of Chelsea last home game. It's not right but hey ho.

I also saw some being ejected from the Johnny Haynes stand.

Lastly I was surrounded by villa fans at Wembley in £95 seats and that started to get tetchy.

I was in the Riverside yesterday, right behind the dugouts and there were 5 Liverpool fans on the row in front. They did a pretty muted celebration at the first goal, but more of a celebration for the second. Which prompted a fan behind us to launch into an expletive laden rant! But they did not get ejected...
To be honest, we had a bit of light hearted banter with them and despite being Liverpool fans they weren't too bad.

But fundamentally there should not be away fans in the home section.

The idea of doing away with segregation seems like a nice one to me, (I just want everyone to get on!) but there are too many people who want to cause trouble and what would happen to the atmosphere? Let's keep the fans separate
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

General

I've sat in home stands at away games and appreciate you have to be tactful - getting up and cheering as if you're an away fan is likely to rile people up in a football game, people are passionate about their team. Just sit down, be smug inside, enjoy the away fans going mental and have a gentle smile with whoever you're with. Getting up and jumping up and down screaming is stupid, as it can be deemed simply as inciteful... objectively taking someone away who could cause anger amongst others is the way you handle these situations.

It does seem in this instance a bit unfair, especially on his two children, but the guy really at his age should know what to do in those situations. The elderly gent clearly was feeling the goals particularly and wanted to make a point. That's the risk he ran of getting tickets in the home stand and celebrating.

General

That being said, I think it's pretty pathetic that Football seems to bring out such divisiveness and aggression in fans, whilst so many other sports fans sit side by side. The tribalism doesn't need to be there.

Chesh

Quote from: General on March 18, 2019, 01:50:15 PM
That being said, I think it's pretty pathetic that Football seems to bring out such divisiveness and aggression in fans, whilst so many other sports fans sit side by side. The tribalism doesn't need to be there.
0001.jpeg
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Westlondonffc

Can you also grow up an avid supporter of one club and become a massive fan of another one?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Away fans who don't celebrate a Fulham goal are almost as noticeable as celebrating their own away goal.
This should cause a reaction like...
"Oi, what's a matter with you, not celebrating our goal, you must be away supporters ?
STEWARD,THESE PEOPLE WERE QUIET WHEN WE SCORED, THEY MUST BE LPL SUPPORTERS AND
NEED TO BE REMOVED FOR KEEPING THE PEACE"
What I think got the goat with this miserable old goat (same age as me and I get grumpy even on TV
when any opposition scores against us!!)  was that he was dissapointed and angry when both their goals
were scored, and turned to the 3 blatant  Liverpool fans sat in brightred shell suits, (with I'm a Liverpool
supporter on the back)  Afro hair cuts, huge medallions and obvioiusly stolen tax discs.
No doubt they were singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" all afternoon, in harmony with the Father singing Bass,
the Son singing Baritone and the daughter, Soprano.
They probably all shouted "Tossers" to all around them, when we scored
and "We Geggin in" (proving they were gate-crashing)  or shut up "Gob Shite"
and had a case of Liverpool Tart beer which the 2 children sneaked in.

TAKE ME HOME MAF wrote...I can understand why a fan would not be able to contain themselves if this was a last game of the season, a last minute winner etc. - but a nothing goal which was expected in the fixture I never can understand the need to celebrate it.
I'm assuming this was said in jest  ??

No, just a father and kids who exploaded when their team scored  2 extremely important goals taking them to the top of the best league in the world. I'm sure a pole would show that a vast percentage of us would have gotten tickets for a game with that
importance and reacted as they did.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

filham

So we ejected a harmless family from the ground and really spoilt their expensive day out, surely a little common sense could have been applied.

A few years ago I took a lady who was an armchair Arsenal fan to the Arsenal Fulham game as an 80th birthday present, she had never been to the new Arsenal home and she had a wonderful day. We both sat in the Fulham end, was I wrong to do this.

Surely we all like to take friends and relations who are not Fulham fans to the Cottage .

What am I going to say to my granddaughter, a strong Watford fan, in a few weeks time when she announces that she has got a ticket for me next to her at Vicarage Road for the Watford v Fulham match.

epsomraver

Quote from: SP on March 17, 2019, 06:58:38 PM
Try doing that at Anfield.  I'm sure we've all sat in the wrong end but I have no sympathy for anyone who celebrates - asking for trouble.
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

epsomraver

Quote from: filham on March 18, 2019, 05:31:21 PM
So we ejected a harmless family from the ground and really spoilt their expensive day out, surely a little common sense could have been applied.

A few years ago I took a lady who was an armchair Arsenal fan to the Arsenal Fulham game as an 80th birthday present, she had never been to the new Arsenal home and she had a wonderful day. We both sat in the Fulham end, was I wrong to do this.

Surely we all like to take friends and relations who are not Fulham fans to the Cottage .

What am I going to say to my granddaughter, a strong Watford fan, in a few weeks time when she announces that she has got a ticket for me next to her at Vicarage Road for the Watford v Fulham match.
easy don't wear colours and don't celebrate, simple as that

epsomraver

Quote from: KJS on March 18, 2019, 01:34:53 PM
If an away fan sits in the home end and cannot refrain from celebrating the away team scoring then he has no respect for the home fans and should be kicked out unceremoniously😠
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

epsomraver

Quote from: Logicalman on March 17, 2019, 07:31:02 PM
I agree with both responses here, some level of sympathy combined with the 'what were they doing there' attitude.

The much bigger question for me is: How the hell did they manage to get tickets for those seats to begin with.

Did the father lie to the club and get a membership pretending to be a Fulham Fan?
Did a member get the tickets for them?
Was it an ST holder who gave them the ticket?

Either of the last two should see the member banned from CC and cancellation of their membership/ST for the remainder.
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

Nick Bateman

I saw a Liverpool fan who looked weaker than me in the King's Road afterwards so I punched him on the nose!  "That was for Mané", I said.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

bobbo

Quote from: RaySmith on March 18, 2019, 11:28:35 AM
The rules have to be enforced when found to be blatantly broken, otherwise teams like Liverpool and Man U would just take over the Cottage.

I was in  a home end at West ham when we  won there in in Div. 2, about 1980, and celebrated  a Fulham goal - we won the game, and was told by the police that I had to leave or I would be taken into protective custody - and I probably would have got a hiding from WH fans  if i'd stayed.

I doubt it's much different at West Ham now.

It's true  opposing fans do think we're a soft touch, and laugh at us having a Neutral Zone - I've witnessed this talking to away fans in the pub before the game.
weird really ray I was at West Ham about four weeks ago when we lost 3-1 and right in the thick near where players come out of West Ham fans couldn't help punching my fist into my other hand when we scored . The fella sitting next to me said you must be Fulham I told yes and we talked nearly all game agout times gone by with both our clubs. But I'm an old git now and I'm sure he respected that , so rare circumstances it can work.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

ffcne

Quote from: Chesh on March 18, 2019, 10:18:36 AM
Quote from: Neil D on March 17, 2019, 09:11:57 PM
Quote from: Westlondonffc on March 17, 2019, 07:45:42 PM
So getting away fans out of the home end is overreacting? Christ some of our fans are absolute drips
You would have had to see the shocked expression on the face of the girl being shouted at.  I didn't feel sorry for the adult but the kids seemed distressed.  The boy was probably 12 or 13. 
Makes me sick that non-threatening away fans are hounded out like this.

So they got tickets and mildly celebrated when they scored - so f****** what?

Hope those celebrating this are proud of themselves for being so hard on those two kids.

Away fans being lairy is one thing, and at any other club than Fulham they would get ejected by the fans themselves (or would soon want to be). However, this sounds like a bloke and his two kids causing people to get so enraged?

What is so wrong with our society that this old fella should have been so intolerant?

Well done to the person who outed him .
I have been in away ends a few times.
But never celebrated .
Why would you put your kids in that situation.?
Sick of away fans thinking its Fulham we can do what we want.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: ffcne on March 18, 2019, 09:20:15 PM
Quote from: Chesh on March 18, 2019, 10:18:36 AM
Quote from: Neil D on March 17, 2019, 09:11:57 PM
Quote from: Westlondonffc on March 17, 2019, 07:45:42 PM
So getting away fans out of the home end is overreacting? Christ some of our fans are absolute drips
You would have had to see the shocked expression on the face of the girl being shouted at.  I didn't feel sorry for the adult but the kids seemed distressed.  The boy was probably 12 or 13. 
Makes me sick that non-threatening away fans are hounded out like this.

So they got tickets and mildly celebrated when they scored - so f****** what?

Hope those celebrating this are proud of themselves for being so hard on those two kids.

Away fans being lairy is one thing, and at any other club than Fulham they would get ejected by the fans themselves (or would soon want to be). However, this sounds like a bloke and his two kids causing people to get so enraged?

What is so wrong with our society that this old fella should have been so intolerant?

Well done to the person who outed him .
I have been in away ends a few times.
But never celebrated .
Why would you put your kids in that situation.?
Sick of away fans thinking its Fulham we can do what we want.

[
/quote]

0001.jpeg

SP

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

To all of those people who have been in an away end and not celebrated when we scored.

How did you manage just sitting there, muted, unresponsive, and not even shouting YESSSSSSSSS
I'd like to know your secret.
And I know it's not lack of passion, most of us on here are that and more

Yoga, Buddism, Scientology or other passive states of mind.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

The Rational Fan

If Liverpool fans want to see their team play in London, then they should ask Liverpoool to play one of their home games at Wembley or allocate 100% of the away end ticket to Liverpool fans in London.