watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Once Seri went off Fulham improved

Started by Nick Bateman, March 18, 2019, 06:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

The substitution of Seri marked a change in Fulham's style and the inclusion of Sessengnon at that stage.  The young-un added width to our attack and was invaluable.  Why is Sess not played more often in that attacking role?

Finally, Rico must never wear a Fulham shirt again - I would plump for Joe Hart next season.  Hart is brave and a tad mad, both attributes which make him a good goalkeeper neither trait Rico has in his locker.  Rico looks like a man devoid of belief; I believe HE was more nervous than James Milner for the penalty - he made a spathetic dive out of the way when he could have redeemed himself for dropping the ball for Mané to theatrically DIVE, something he really should have been booked for.

But the FA allowed Arsenal to dive consecutive weeks with no trial-by-TV afterwards, and last week we saw why so many proper supporters of football loathe Raheem Sterling (much that he is a highly talented player) when he robbed lowly Swansea, so Mané will receive no punishment retrospectively especially listening to Sky's Jamie Rednapp RANTING at Tim Cahill for stating it was no penalty.

At least Fulham did not disgrace themselves unlike the unwashed, unloved (by every other fan in the country), unemployed scousers!!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

@jolslover

I'm still unsure if this is a windup account or not, Not saying that this post is too ridiculous but I'm not sure if this account is a joke
STH H3

bobby01

Quote from: @jolslover on March 18, 2019, 07:42:58 PM
I'm still unsure if this is a windup account or not, Not saying that this post is too ridiculous but I'm not sure if this account is a joke

A proper account, postings go from well thought out to ridiculous, you never know what you will get. But it always Nick, unlike nose who said he left but has reappeared under an alias.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

ALG01

To be honest I thought seri was pretty poor. His od decent touch is completely outweighed by his anonynimity

ffcne

Quote from: ALG01 on March 18, 2019, 07:59:14 PM
To be honest I thought seri was pretty poor. His od decent touch is completely outweighed by his anonynimity

Exactly, I just dont know what he does for this team.

mancwhite

I'm not sure that I would agree that rhere was a link between Seri going off and us playing better but I do wonder what he brings to the team. He is not a goal threat, passing range is limited from what I've seen and struggles  with the physicality. Clearly very good technically but passes mainly sideways or backwards. I'm not sure if it's him adjusting to playing in England, being part of a struggling team or him not just being good enough at this level. Doesn't strike me as someone who is going to shine in the championship
Your just too good to be true Fulham

Milo

He always wants the ball. Calls for it constantly and helps retain possession.

Agree often passes sideways.

However, will get stuck in on tackles and tracks back.

I feel he needs confidence. He often looks up, sees a through ball, and opts against it.. I think this is because he is low on confidence. Can Parker work his magic?

Andy S

Another one looking for a scape goat. I thought  he played quite well yesterday

Nick Bateman

One must also mention the anti-football contribution by the career referees, Anthony Taylor, Jonathan Moss both for Arsenal, André Marriner & Craig Pawson for Man.City and Liverpool respectively.  These crooked administrators of our game, to cheat children and OAPs of their genuine enjoyment for personal gain, should be thrown in jail on corruption charges, along with the entire FA and many in the media.  This is no wind-up!

No wonder Susanna Dinnage turned the job down....

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Andy S on March 18, 2019, 10:54:44 PM
Another one looking for a scape goat. I thought  he played quite well yesterday

I didn't have a problem with him either.    I thought he played more forward...and at times looked to drive the ball instead of simply making a short forward pass.

If Seri is going to focus on leading an actually  attack I like him on the pitch.    I don't need him trying to make tackles.  HE'S NOT GOOD AT IT.

If he's playing as an attacking mid he can get 30 minutes on my team.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 19, 2019, 12:42:47 AM
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Tim+Cahill+says+no+penalty&view=detail&mid=A1EE4CBEF9F76CB76898A1EE4CBEF9F76CB76898&FORM=VIRE

Is this Everton's Tim Cahill that was shocked he got a straight Red Card in the World Cup 2010 for a tackle so late that another Germany player had already touched the ball and ready to play it? One things for certain, if biased Tim Cahill was the referree, Liverpool would get the Premier League to change its policy on VAR mid-way though the first half, we have to wait till next season which a little late for us.

RaySmith

In that home second half v Brighton he was brilliant, alongside Cairney in midfield, and looked like he really wanted it.

I shouted out 'come on Seri' to him when he was going to take a corner, and he put his hand on  the badge, and made a sign to the crowd to up the noise.

toshes mate

Seri lacks acceleration and mobility when it comes to changing direction as in recovery when dispossessed for example.  Originally I thought he was lacking fitness but it seems it is the way he plays the game and may be why he is so often dispossessed by PL quality opponents quite easily at times.  I would like to see him play in a team that gives him room to be the playmaker because I feel he could thrive in such a team, but I do not see how that can be done with Cairney in the side.  I remain unimpressed by him overall, although I did admire that goal of his those many months ago.

Andy S

I thought Sarri played ok as did the whole of the team. The instructions were obviously to keep the score down in the first half and then as they started to tire in the second half thy and get a goal or two. All in all it went ok in my opinion

filham

I am going to respond in the hard Nick Batemen manner where everything is in a hard

1. Seri is an accomplished footballer, sweet to watch but playing in a team struggling to find its method. That Liverpool midfield was tough and he played no worse than Cairney.

2.Prepare yourself for seeing Rico in our goal for the rest of the season, we have no one who is fit who is better.

3.Stop knocking the officials, yes like all of us they make mistakes but they do their best and to suggest they are cheats is simply offensive.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: filham on March 19, 2019, 09:41:19 AM

3.Stop knocking the officials, yes like all of us they make mistakes but they do their best and to suggest they are cheats is simply offensive.

They are "career" referees who rob children and OAPs of their entertainment.  Obviously you have never looked at any of the disappointed Fulham fans who had to suffer at the hands of corrupt officials.  They are a blight on football at the top level.  Refereeing has changed since the days when many of us grew up (before Sky's 'dirty money').

I'm sure most of us would like to receive £100,000 (plus expenses) pa to prance around like them instead of doing an honest job!

filham

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 19, 2019, 10:07:42 AM
Quote from: filham on March 19, 2019, 09:41:19 AM

They are "career" referees who rob children and OAPs of their entertainment.  Obviously you have never looked at any of the disappointed Fulham fans who had to suffer at the hands of corrupt officials.  They are a blight on football at the top level.  Refereeing has changed since the days when many of us grew up (before Sky's 'dirty money').

I'm sure most of us would like to receive £100,000 (plus expenses) pa to prance around like them instead of doing an honest job!
I have known one or two refs in lower leagues and believe me they are humans just trying to participate in a sport they enjoy.
I am surprised our moderators are allowing such statements on this site.

toshes mate

I have refereed at lower levels but gave it up when support turned from 'sporting' to 'cynical' to aggressive, feeling that my poorly paid love of the game was worthy of better than such abuse.  The football authorities (and I would suggest calling themselves that is the biggest libel of all) were not interested in supporting lower level referees and this was decades ago.  The same is true now but, at the higher levels of the game it is a well paid profession which patently does not act professionally.  It shares that with many other mediocre performers in what passes for professional occupations these days. Football deserves better at grass roots levels where it is largely ignored and treated as a necessary evil which is one of the reasons it is so mediocre at the highest levels.

It isn't a matter of saying referees are as corrupt as they are in some countries but it is a warning as to where we may be heading unless something is done to stop the rot.  Betting is a huge revenue raiser for most sports these days and we know that corruption exists in all sports - money and sport need a much better relationship than exists now, because it is downhill all the way to rock bottom unless the brakes are applied.  That is why I am not going to keep my mouth shut about the poor performances seen week in and week out by so called professionals.  I expect better and so should everyone connected to the game.  Nick Bateman puts in a way to stir us up and may seem OTT but at least it starts discussions about what can and should be done at grassroots levels where referees leave the game day in and day out because they are unsupported and unloved by their own controlling bodies.

Bill2

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 18, 2019, 06:44:28 PM
The substitution of Seri marked a change in Fulham's style and the inclusion of Sessengnon at that stage.  The young-un added width to our attack and was invaluable.  Why is Sess not played more often in that attacking role?

Finally, Rico must never wear a Fulham shirt again - I would plump for Joe Hart next season.  Hart is brave and a tad mad, both attributes which make him a good goalkeeper neither trait Rico has in his locker.  Rico looks like a man devoid of belief; I believe HE was more nervous than James Milner for the penalty - he made a spathetic dive out of the way when he could have redeemed himself for dropping the ball for Mané to theatrically DIVE, something he really should have been booked for.

But the FA allowed Arsenal to dive consecutive weeks with no trial-by-TV afterwards, and last week we saw why so many proper supporters of football loathe Raheem Sterling (much that he is a highly talented player) when he robbed lowly Swansea, so Mané will receive no punishment retrospectively especially listening to Sky's Jamie Rednapp RANTING at Tim Cahill for stating it was no penalty.

At least Fulham did not disgrace themselves unlike the unwashed, unloved (by every other fan in the country), unemployed scousers!!
As usual with a NB post there are aspects you have to agree with and others not.
Seri and Sess are different in where and how they play, personally I thought Seri was OK on Sunday, a difficult game with some quality opposition who had both pace and skill. Saying that Sess also played well and gave us more options out wide and attacking.
I have to say that Rico has been found out, put him under pressure and his catching goes out of the window, he fumbles a lot so players know there is a chance if they follow up.
As for the penalty, well he put his hand around Mane, it was very soft and I have seen them not given but why did he do it. Mane was going away from goal he should have let him go and covered his line. Every player should know that the ref will often side with the top 6 team. You only need to look at the goals they get every week and there will be an offside or a foul not given or suspect free kick to their benefit. Yes I do think Sterling is too good to dive. It must be so galling for lower teams to look back and see nothing more than blatant cheating when the opposition are supposedly good enough to win without it. How they can shake their hands after is beyond me, I couldn't.
I believe all the football organisations need to clean up their act and give 3 match bans to any player caught diving where there is no VAR. I am sure that would clear up the situation and where the game is won due to the action, especially if it is the first goal, points deducted or result overturned.