watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

mensah

Started by res, April 14, 2019, 10:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

res

Wouldn't be saying this a few weeks ago but Mensah's commitment recently suggests that he could be a good fit for the Championship next year. If Mawson's knee is sorted there's two strong centre backs, if not Mensah would provide the strength himself; from Mensah's personal point of view, he could resurrect his career by playing all season for us, whereas if he returns to Man Utd he wouldn't get a game. Unless another Premiership club comes in but then he's got the possibility of just bench warming.

@jolslover

I don't think TFM would join us again. He is better than Christie however and IMO would be a very good RB at champ level. He was unlucky to be completely exiled under Ranieri.
STH H3

The Rational Fan

At the right price all our existing players are good choices. The question is who is a first choice player, a bench player and a squad player.

Dodger53

If better than Christie is as good as it gets, and it is. That's not saying much. He is very slightly improving because he wants a job next year. Be glad to see the back of him.

Statto

Quote from: Dodger53 on April 14, 2019, 11:37:33 AM
He is very slightly improving because he wants a job next year. 

Good point. Inclined to agree. Very cynical on his part, if true.

filham

Mensah has had a poor season, Man U would probably be glad if we payed his wages for another year but the risk is ours, he could be the same again in the Championship'
We need another Fredericks.

Twig

I thought TFM was easily our weakest outfield player yesterday. We were not noticeably weaker when Christie came on. I would happily let TFM go back to Man Utd tomorrow.

toshes mate

Quote from: Twig on April 14, 2019, 12:37:54 PM
I thought TFM was easily our weakest outfield player yesterday. We were not noticeably weaker when Christie came on. I would happily let TFM go back to Man Utd tomorrow.
Have to agree with you as much as I'd love him to prove me wrong.  Odoi, who cost, and costs, us very little, may be error prone but is wholehearted as a professional footballer and proved a key player last season.  I hope we retain him for his utility value alone.

HV71

I'm still far from convinced by him - attitude , when it mattered, was simply not good enough

hovewhite

The jury is out for me ,a real risk to retain him for another season!

ALG01

I think fosu is one of the worst of the signings and I would hope we can do much much better. our lackl of any competence whatsoever at right back is on of the biggest failings of the last summer's transfers.

Milo

Odoi should be given another fair run at right back.

snarks

TFM has been better for the last 3 games than CC or Denis, however in the championship Denis is good enough.

JoelH5

The problem we have is, he is no way good enough for the prem. If we keep him for Championship, we will be in the same position again if we get promoted. We will need to rebuild the team again in the Summer. Look how that worked out.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Sting of the North

Quote from: JoelH5 on April 15, 2019, 04:55:45 PM
The problem we have is, he is no way good enough for the prem. If we keep him for Championship, we will be in the same position again if we get promoted. We will need to rebuild the team again in the Summer. Look how that worked out.

I think he has sufficient talent, and definitely sufficient physicality to be at least a decent PL player. He needs to be smarter, and work on his positioning and decision making. However, he is still young and normally those are attributes that take longer to develop. As such, if the people at the club currently (meaning coaching team and players) would believe he is a good fit in the squad I wouldn't mind it at all. He has after all been here for a season almost, so would assume that the ones dealing with him on a daily basis could form an assessment by now.

I think we are fine anyway at right back for the championship with both CC and Odoi good enough. However, I think that TFM's potential is higher.

sunburywhite

We have SS

If he cant make it in the Championship then I would be surpised
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

You dont need a high IQ to be a right back
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Statto

Quote from: JoelH5 on April 15, 2019, 04:55:45 PM

I hate to break it to you but if/when we are promoted again we will, like any promoted club, need at least a few new players. No Championship club can afford or attract a full squad of players who are good enough to playing for mid-table PL teams.

AnOldBrownie

He's injury prone.

Anyone saying he was poor yesterday didn't watch the game closely enough, and you can watch it again on Fulham's site to see how wrong you are.

He's the fastest player on Fulham's squad, which when Fredericks was lost I was happy.   Fulham's starting 11 were slow (before they got Babel who everyone thinks will be gone next season), and with the way they use their fullbacks to attack and defend you need a player who can get back when the opposing team counters.

Unfortunately he's not always mentally dialed in.

I'm ok moving on from Timothy because of his injury record.   He has more upside than both Odoi and Cyrus though.    At some point Fulham will need to replace their RB position with someone better than all three if the idea is that the team comes back up after one season in the Championship.

They need to loan a young, fast and smart FB that has EPL experience, but who isn't a starter for their EPL team.  Get him now instead of waiting until next summer where he'll have to learn to fit in with the team.  Then break the bank to buy the player outright if he has a good season in the championship (don't let Targett/Fredericks happen again).

Christie and Odoi are good enough for a team content to stay in the championship.  I hope the Khans want more than that.

Berserker

I don't feel his football brain is switched on enough. Please don't keep him Fulham, let MU have him back

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.