watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

mensah

Started by res, April 14, 2019, 10:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

I don't want to call them thick but the type of footballer in Mensah and Kamara, probably others we have , where their footballing ability is undoubted or their speed and strength is unquestionable, but their decision making or speed of decision eludes them time after time leading them to be caught out

They look like someone has scouted them for speed and nothing else

HV71

Quote from: Newry FFC on April 17, 2019, 07:16:16 AM
I don't want to call them thick but the type of footballer in Mensah and Kamara, probably others we have , where their footballing ability is undoubted or their speed and strength is unquestionable, but their decision making or speed of decision eludes them time after time leading them to be caught out

They look like someone has scouted them for speed and nothing else

Agree with you and Berserker . Mensah certainly doesn't belong to Mensa

Lighthouse

He will be undergoing an operation for a knee ligament injury that he sustained in the Everton game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

toshes mate

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 19, 2019, 10:55:35 AM
He will be undergoing an operation for a knee ligament injury that he sustained in the Everton game.
That is sad to hear whatever our feelings about the player concerned.  I have a ligament tear, which in my case is inoperable (prognosis would not be unequivocally good) and, at times, it can be rather painful and debilitating.  Wish him well.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Statto on April 16, 2019, 09:37:22 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on April 15, 2019, 04:55:45 PM
The problem we have is, he is no way good enough for the prem. If we keep him for Championship, we will be in the same position again if we get promoted. We will need to rebuild the team again in the Summer. Look how that worked out.

I hate to break it to you but if/when we are promoted again we will, like any promoted club, need at least a few new players. No Championship club can afford or attract a full squad of players who are good enough to playing for mid-table PL teams.

Er...... Wolves??
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Statto

Quote from: Fernhurst on April 19, 2019, 07:40:17 PM
The problem we have is, he is no way good enough for the prem. If we keep him for Championship, we will be in the same position again if we get promoted. We will need to rebuild the team again in the Summer. Look how that worked out.

I hate to break it to you but if/when we are promoted again we will, like any promoted club, need at least a few new players. No Championship club can afford or attract a full squad of players who are good enough to playing for mid-table PL teams.

Er...... Wolves??

Hmmm, I'd argue they're somewhat of an anomaly, but in any case, they've spent £100m this season largely on new players like Rui Patricio, Mourinho, Jonny et al.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on April 19, 2019, 08:58:14 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on April 19, 2019, 07:40:17 PM

Er...... Wolves??

Hmmm, I'd argue they're somewhat of an anomaly, but in any case, they've spent £100m this season largely on new players like Rui Patricio, Mourinho, Jonny et al.

We have a "spine of premier league" players especially at centre back and central midfield you can, add players out wide and upfront with a faster integration of players. When you buy central defenders and central midfielders, it will take longer for them to be useful (eg Mawson, Chambers, Anguiissa and Seri).

If we get promoted needing premier league goalkeeper, full backs and wingers things would go better. agora me, Ream and KMac were welll short of what we needed. We needed a good season from them while Mawson and Anguissa integrate.