News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Which team is likeliest to return at the first attempt?

Started by Andy S, April 15, 2019, 01:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Out of the three teams most likeliest to get relegated, Huddersfield, Fulham and Cardiff but possibly Brighton, which team is the most likely to bounce back at the first attempt?
1. Fulham because they have a more than decent squad
2. Cardiff because Colin even if you dislike him seems to get the best out of average players
3. Huddersfield are more likely to go the other way as they are very poor

The Rational Fan

I think the next Fulham vs Cardiff game should give us a good insight into that, no loans to play please. Lets see how good we are without the loans.

..FOF..

JoelH5

Weren't there rumours Colin is leaving Cardiff in the summer?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Fulham 442

Weren't there rumours Colin is leaving Cardiff in the summer?

I think he was considering it but has now said he feels he owes it to the club and fans to stay on for another season, whether they get relegated or not and wants to help to pick his successor.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jem

It will depend on who is in charge of recruitment of the players.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

BigbadBillyMcKinley

I'm not sure Brighton will go down. I think Cardiff are to far gone to come back.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Wingnut

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on April 15, 2019, 08:52:16 AM
I'm not sure Brighton will go down. I think Cardiff are to far gone to come back.

Massive game this week. If Cardiff beat Brighton, that final spot is up for grabs.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Jem on April 15, 2019, 08:49:01 AM
It will depend on who is in charge of recruitment of the players.

If we don't recruit the DoF cannot mess it up, whoever he is. Keep our players  049:gif

toshes mate

As unlikely as it may seem all three relegated clubs 'could' bounce back although the reasons for why that happens may be curiously different for each of them, and there is an awful lot of water to pass under bridges until we see how things pan out.  One thing is for sure - it isn't going to be a cakewalk.

gang

ALG01

The OP is a very good question but a bit premature.
we do not know who the manager will be or what squad he will have.
When we know that we will be better placed to answer.

However, I am feeling very uneasy about the whole thing next season. I honestly think TK is a man in denial his comments, timed only after we had won a game at last, are miles wide of the truth and more like a schoolboys excuses. If he continues as he has done for the last three seasons in the next transfer window (I am sure he is not letting go of his duties and I expect a very cross daddy will give sonny boy one more chance even though I would not) a better question might be which one of those three will emulate Sunderland, or even Fulham in the late 1960s.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ALG01 on April 15, 2019, 10:44:29 AM
The OP is a very good question but a bit premature.
we do not know who the manager will be or what squad he will have.
When we know that we will be better placed to answer.

However, I am feeling very uneasy about the whole thing next season. I honestly think TK is a man in denial his comments, timed only after we had won a game at last, are miles wide of the truth and more like a schoolboys excuses. If he continues as he has done for the last three seasons in the next transfer window (I am sure he is not letting go of his duties and I expect a very cross daddy will give sonny boy one more chance even though I would not) a better question might be which one of those three will emulate Sunderland, or even Fulham in the late 1960s.

We definitely won't emulate Sunderland of 17/18 or Fulham of 1960s, because both of them had decent DoFs (Chris Coleman and Bobby Robson), but no recent investment in players. We got relegated this year with the 3rd-5th lowest wages bill, next season we will probably have the highest wages, which is first time we have had the highest wages in the league since 2001/2 when we won.

Regardless, whatever happens next season FFC getting relegated with a decent DoF is just not possible, so Sunderland or Fulham repeat not possible.

filham

History shows we don't do bouncing back , more likely a repeat relegation.

So much depends on which players we are able to keep and who we can be discarded but take a look at the Championship promotion race, there are going to be a few good losers there who will be back for another try next season.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on April 15, 2019, 12:06:13 PM
History shows we don't do bouncing back , more likely a repeat relegation.

So much depends on which players we are able to keep and who we can be discarded but take a look at the Championship promotion race, there are going to be a few good losers there who will be back for another try next season.

History shows WBA bounced back three times in one decade, they accepted that just cause they weren't good enough for the Premier League, doesn't mean they aren't too good for the Championship. They didn't self-destruct upon relegation, they knew how to get out of the Championship so did it again and again. We may need to do the same embrace being the yo-yo team.

The Rock

MikeTheCubed

Cardiff bought in good Championship players for this season  and are very capable of going straight back up with little upheaval.

We will be more severely restricted by FFP and will almost certainly see Mitro and Sess (last year of contract) move on. We'd be lucky to recoup a significant portion of what we paid for Seri and Anguissa, likely they'll be loaned out instead similarly to how Mitroglou was. Can see us keeping Cairney and Mawson as I can't see other clubs bidding close to our valuation given their injury issues. In short the spine of a promotion winning side is there but our fortunes will be very dependent on signing some promotion quality forwards and renewing contracts with players from the side promoted last season.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: ..FOF.. on April 15, 2019, 03:52:40 AM
On paper, it will be Fulham.

On paper, Fulham should have survived in the Premier league!

Barrett487

Assuming Cardiff go down they have to be favourites to go back up. We've not got the mettle or mentality at the moment. I dearly hope that Saturday wasn't a flash in the pan and that i'm forced to change my opinion, but even Huddersfield have fought better than us this season imo.