watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Credit due where credits deserved

Started by H4usuallysitting, April 15, 2019, 07:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

I think Mr T Khan should get some praise for signing Mr Anguissa.... let's hope he stays with us in the championship

Statto

I like Anguissa, he's a good player. But signing a good player for £30m isn't difficult. And no matter how well Anguissa is now playing, it's too late to stop us going down.

Had TK signed him for £10m and two months sooner then I'd agree, some credit would be due.

Art Vandelay

I guess it depends if he stays and performs well in the championship. If he does credit is due but if not it will go down as a bad signing.

hovewhite

So that's one good signing from last summer!well done TK!

SP

Thought it interesting Everton's £50m signing Richarleson (?) did next to nothing on Saturday.  Not fair to judge him on one game but crazy sums indeed.

Barrett487

The Rock

Quote from: Statto on April 15, 2019, 08:14:18 PM
I like Anguissa, he's a good player. But signing a good player for £30m isn't difficult. And no matter how well Anguissa is now playing, it's too late to stop us going down.

Had TK signed him for £10m and two months sooner then I'd agree, some credit would be due.

Agreed, and one good game out of 20-30 doesn't warrant any credit due.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rock on April 15, 2019, 08:30:22 PM
Quote from: Statto on April 15, 2019, 08:14:18 PM

Agreed, and one good game out of 20-30 doesn't warrant any credit due.

I agree to agree.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ALG01

A couple of decent games does not a good player make. He has been pants most games. Glad for the improvement

Hate the fiction regarding TK starting to suspiciously emerge all within a few hours.

JoelH5

Still doesn't look like he's worth 30 mill yet. In no circumstances should he be allowed to leave. These players owe us a season in the Championship
I was there, standing in the Putney end

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: ALG01 on April 15, 2019, 08:46:14 PM
A couple of decent games does not a good player make. He has been pants most games. Glad for the improvement

Hate the fiction regarding TK starting to suspiciously emerge all within a few hours.

What fiction?.... I don't understand

The Rational Fan

I like The Khans because they gives us what Fulham has always been about, totally uncertainty with possibilities of success or failure. Next Season, Tottenham will be between 3rd and 6th, Everton will be between 7th and 14th, Newcastle will be between 14th and 18th, Preston North End will be just below a playoff place, and in five years they could all be in the same position. When you support Fulham you don't know which league you will be in next season, Europe, Premier League, Championship, League One or League Two.

snarks

I hate the anti khan posts, always have. I dislike the revisionist view of the summer transfer window and the disproportionate blame that TK gets, yes the club got things wrong but like the success of last season wasn't all down to Slav the failures of this aren't all down to TK either

I Ronic

Quote from: snarks on April 16, 2019, 06:24:58 AM
I hate the anti khan posts, always have. I dislike the revisionist view of the summer transfer window and the disproportionate blame that TK gets, yes the club got things wrong but like the success of last season wasn't all down to Slav the failures of this aren't all down to TK either

0001.jpeg

The Cravenette

Quote from: snarks on April 16, 2019, 06:24:58 AM

I agree. And Zambo has been playing well last few games now. MOTM in 2. He didn't price himself at 30mil. He is still young and could be a bargain if he stays and helps get us promoted next season.

aaronmcguigan

Don't see the need to even reference the Khans in this. He was a Europa league finalist last year, is ridiculously young and evidently talented, the money spent was probably inflated due to our desperation at time of signing and he fact they didn't need to sell. Despite this he was never going to come cheaply and there was a definite need for a perceived defensive mid, but a creative box to box potentially

He's played a few good games but for a price like that you expect consistency and to build a team around
. Instead he seems to have come good when the team have fallen apart .
Injury and suspension , and Ranieri haven't helped him but we need consistent performances so until he delivers that he can't be judged a success In my opinion

toshes mate

Quote from: Newry FFC on April 16, 2019, 10:25:51 AM
Don't see the need to even reference the Khans in this. He was a Europa league finalist last year, is ridiculously young and evidently talented, the money spent was probably inflated due to our desperation at time of signing and he fact they didn't need to sell. Despite this he was never going to come cheaply and there was a definite need for a perceived defensive mid, but a creative box to box potentially

He's played a few good games but for a price like that you expect consistency and to build a team around
. Instead he seems to have come good when the team have fallen apart .
Injury and suspension , and Ranieri haven't helped him but we need consistent performances so until he delivers that he can't be judged a success In my opinion
Agree with you.

Does Anguissa look like a £30m player?  No, not yet.  Was he money well spent?  Apparently not given the Club has wasted all the hard work that achieving promotion added up to.  Even a broken clock gets credit twice a day.

Take Me Home MAF

Not worth the price tag, and it has taken him a season to look ok - so praise...not quite.

However, I see something in him which I don't in Seri. I think he will be useful in the Championship

filham

Funny about Anguissa, he has had a terrible season but suddenly in the last few game has started to look very promising, lets hope this improvement continues and that he stays with us for next season.

Not sure where to put the blame for all of this, Jocanovic and Ranieri for not getting the best out of him earlier.

Parker for giving him help and another chance.

The player for taking a long time to adjust.

Of course we all quickly blamed Khan for a bad Stats signing and we are not now going to admit that he made a good big money signing for us.

Mitch

Yeah, signing a player for £30m+ that plays 7 games by the time you're relegated is a really special achievement - congratulations.

If we're going to credit those charged with recruitment for signing a player for £30m that will then be great in the Championship, we may be setting the bar a little low.

With my tongue out of my cheek, Zambo has the potential to be a good player, but was completely the wrong player at the wrong time for Fulham. He was a development player who would take time, and we didn't have that luxury. If he had gone to Everton or Newcastle and was playing Premier League football next year he could have been succesful. He's an example of the lack if wisdom in our approach to recruitment, which feels scatter-gun at best.