News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our new training ground, what's the latest ?

Started by Riversider, April 16, 2019, 10:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Anybody know ? This literally never gets mentioned anywhere, anybody on here from The F.S.T care to shed any light on it ,
I think originally the plan was that the old BBC sports centre was to be used by The U23's and The U18's and all the younger groups, when in reality it was going to be the base camp for the Jacksonville Jaguar' s,
I can just about understand the delay to The Riverside Stand but why the delay to The training ground ?
Anybody know the latest, or even better tell us that work has already started.

Holders

You have a point. Just as the Riverside Stand would be a signal of intent, so would the new Training Ground. I see no harm in the Jaguars using it when it's not required by our u21s and u18s. Would be interesting to have an update.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

filham

Don't understand this at all, thought we had top training facilities at Motspur Park.

Steven Ageroad

Passed by it on a train last week, nothing much happening other than the grass has been cut!

bill taylors apprentice

As far as I know its been about a year since it was announced that a temporary building would be built and work on getting the pitches ready for the start of this season.

A friend of mine who travels on the train line behind the ground tells me he's seen no significant work so far.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on April 16, 2019, 10:52:20 AM
Don't understand this at all, thought we had top training facilities at Motspur Park.

We are miles away from the Big Six training facilities. I know Motspur Park is not as good as Manchester City's Training facilities in Australia, but better than Crystal Palaces. I would love to see a ranking of all teams in the UK from best to worst.

Riversider

Can  anybody from The FST tell us whether or not this question has been asked over the last six or seven months ?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on April 16, 2019, 12:07:06 PM
Passed by it on a train last week, nothing much happening other than the grass has been cut!

They sprinkled it with Whisky and it came up half cut.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Can anyone give an estimate of which teams outside the Big Six have the best training factitates? And how much would Fulham to have spend to get the 7th-8th best factitates in England?

If I was Tony Khan, i give Gareth Southgate a walk around Motshpur Park and say what do you want to see here to recommend future England players joining the Fulham Academy.

Article so far https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/fulham-training-ground-expansion-latest-14626560

Roberty

Anything they are going to do will need planning permission and they will have to run the gauntlet of rules, regulations and the local community to obtain it - so don't hold your breath.

Putting up an extension to a residential property - within the permitted development rules is easy - anything else can and does take years and as we know from the Riverside, even when you have permission there are still a host of other permits to obtain and hoops to jump through.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Statto

Remember also any new build will need to go through the Shahid Khan design process. Someone will produce a design  then SK will decide he doesn't like it, then he'll commission his own people to do another design then decide he doesn't like that either, then a third design is produced which may have a chance of getting built.

toshes mate

Quote from: Roberty on April 18, 2019, 06:08:20 AM
Anything they are going to do will need planning permission and they will have to run the gauntlet of rules, regulations and the local community to obtain it - so don't hold your breath.

Putting up an extension to a residential property - within the permitted development rules is easy - anything else can and does take years and as we know from the Riverside, even when you have permission there are still a host of other permits to obtain and hoops to jump through.
As far as I can tell planning permission was granted in early December for demolition works, installation of security measures including a single storey security building and some remedial work to roads etc.

Riversider

Quote from: toshes mate on April 18, 2019, 10:45:37 AM
Quote from: Roberty on April 18, 2019, 06:08:20 AM

As far as I can tell planning permission was granted in early December for demolition works, installation of security measures including a single storey security building and some remedial work to roads etc.

That's good to read, hopefully work will be well underway before the start of next season.

Mitch

Quote from: Statto on April 18, 2019, 07:58:40 AM
Remember also any new build will need to go through the Shahid Khan design process. Someone will produce a design  then SK will decide he doesn't like it, then he'll commission his own people to do another design then decide he doesn't like that either, then a third design is produced which may have a chance of getting built.

See the Jaguars 'State of the Franchise' where Lamping unveiled about the fifth different iteration of the proposed designs for Downtown Jacksonville surround the stadium.

On a Jaguars note - can't understand the idea of buying it solely for their use. There's no way that would be the idea. When the Jaguars visit they arrive two days before - they have a walk through of an hour or so, then back to the hotel. On the second day they have their pre-game practice day, then it's the game on the Sunday. Two days (barely) use per year.

Twig

Quote from: Mitch on April 18, 2019, 05:39:54 PM
Quote from: Statto on April 18, 2019, 07:58:40 AM

See the Jaguars 'State of the Franchise' where Lamping unveiled about the fifth different iteration of the proposed designs for Downtown Jacksonville surround the stadium.

On a Jaguars note - can't understand the idea of buying it solely for their use. There's no way that would be the idea. When the Jaguars visit they arrive two days before - they have a walk through of an hour or so, then back to the hotel. On the second day they have their pre-game practice day, then it's the game on the Sunday. Two days (barely) use per year.

Interesting Mitch, I wasn't aware that the owner had also prevaricated over the Jags stadium development.

Mitch

I think it's a mixture of 1. Shad re-planning and 2. Shad doesn't want to pay for it, or to pay for it all. He wants the City of Jacksonville to chip in. Stadium and surrounds out there are often subsidised by tax payers as they are considered beneficial for their states and cities... despite being privately owned. All part of the posturing of the London move, or it is to my mind at least - 'help pay for this, or I'll move the team'.

Either way, every year that goes by and the area and Stadium in Jax get older and less suitable for the nfl's modern needs, yet nothing tangible happens. They built a massive training complex and events arena however.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk