https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anybody got news on AK47

Started by H4usuallysitting, April 16, 2019, 02:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junior white

Quote from: Newry FFC on April 17, 2019, 07:21:45 AM
Quote from: Statto on April 16, 2019, 06:13:19 PM

And one thing I'll say about Parker is, you can guarantee AK47 won't play up on his watch.

This makes no sense. If AK plays up and disrespects one of the most respected men in the game in Ranieri, why would he not do it under Parker? There's literally no evidence to suggest Parker as a manager would be able to command respect from difficult players.
As stated , he's a loose cannon. If Parker gets the job it will be because he will have performed well in these last 4 games. If we have performed well you can guarantee Parker won't want a loose cannon disrupting whatever shred of positivity he has garnered in these last 4 games
Ranieri is respected, but if you listen to what Stef Jo said and how he was treated then maybe his ma management skills with some were not the best. Not excusing AK at all, but maybe it was just a clash and they didnt sort it out.

I think KMAC said something similar to Stef in that he would also have left but decided to stay as he thought there would be a a change of manager.

junior white

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 17, 2019, 09:02:30 AM
Quote from: junior white on April 17, 2019, 08:40:44 AM
he did make a mistake but then it was only under Ranieri this happened. maybe they just clashed. Time will tell if he comes back into the squad under the next manager whoever that may be

Don't know what the problem is with him and tinkerman,but some seem to be forgetting the upheavel he caused with that penalty... And then there was the carry on at the yoga with Mitro,if its a choice
between him and Mitro I know who I'd want at the club...Leave him in Turkey I say.
Not excusing him at all, but maybe the Yoga thing was the culmination of everything, the penalty thing was a fiasco. At the time he had a better penalty record in his carear than mitro and he had taken the last 1 or 2 pens so maybe confusion but it should never have happened thats for sure.

I actually think Mitro said there wasn't an issue between them and at the yoga he was stepping in to sort as the captain wasn't there, but if Mitro were to stay (Unlikely ?) then yes you wouldn't pick AK over Mitro but personally I think he could be worth having in the squad for the championship.

toshes mate

How I do so 'love' how conjecture, gossip, and hearsay are so neatly packaged by some on this forum to justify a viewpoint and the same bunch of 'unknowns' so quickly rejected by those same posters when they are turned upon their head.   AK is a pretty decent player, the same age as Mitro, but different in style, ability, and technique.  A video shows a player missing an open goal having appeared to have done all the hard work, a pretty commonplace event in football at all levels.

AK could yet prove to be a sensational player provided he finds someone who knows how to drag his skills, abilities and talents out of him i.e. manages him appropriately.  He was never a problem at FFC (to my knowledge at least) until Ranieri came along, and there was a noted drop in the little things like leadership, morale, and togetherness.  Not sure how any of that could possibly lead anyone to conclude the fault was altogether a Mr Kamara's doing.   More likely a person responsible for managing him didn't do so, at all.

Woolly Mammoth

Now that a few gallons of water have passed under Putney Bridge and I have had time to reflect and chew over the fat. The dust is settling and we know now where we will be, and CR has left for pastures new.
I would not be adverse to AK returning, as long as he knows the guidelines and has realised that there are times to show restraint, and he has to show more maturity.
If he can get his act together,  and let's face it, we are in no position to pick and choose on the field of play. One of the many reasons why we have dropped through the trap door for the second time under the Khans regime, is that we have not had enough Warriors or Leaders or Characters or fighters on the pitch, and AK has at least two of those characteristics.
We have to put a football team together that has the mentality and ingredients to succeed, not a choir, and that means having competitors out there punching their weight, which we have been bankrupt of, all season.
This is the Championship, no Quarter asked none given.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobby01

Quote from: toshes mate on April 17, 2019, 09:25:19 AM
How I do so 'love' how conjecture, gossip, and hearsay are so neatly packaged by some on this forum to justify a viewpoint and the same bunch of 'unknowns' so quickly rejected by those same posters when they are turned upon their head.   AK is a pretty decent player, the same age as Mitro, but different in style, ability, and technique.  A video shows a player missing an open goal having appeared to have done all the hard work, a pretty commonplace event in football at all levels.

AK could yet prove to be a sensational player provided he finds someone who knows how to drag his skills, abilities and talents out of him i.e. manages him appropriately.  He was never a problem at FFC (to my knowledge at least) until Ranieri came along, and there was a noted drop in the little things like leadership, morale, and togetherness.  Not sure how any of that could possibly lead anyone to conclude the fault was altogether a Mr Kamara's doing.   More likely a person responsible for managing him didn't do so, at all.

I tend to agree here, ak definitely needs someone who can manage him and help him with his view of perceived injustice. I don't recall him ever causing a problem for joka, even though he was out of the team for long periods. If I remember correctly did kmac post something that laughed off the yoga thing.
I think we can be big enough to give him another chance, plenty of players have played here with so called baggage.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Steven Ageroad

I think he is just what we need in the Championship!

We Are Premier League

Strikes me as the poor mans Balotelli...high potential, questionable mental strength.

IMO - likely to play for a larger number of clubs during his career and either be poison or fantastic in each of them, all depending on his relationship with the Manager/team. Cant see him becoming the middle-of-the-road decent squad player...

If both Mitro and Parker/Manager fancy him - keep him, if either don't - let him go at any price.

junior white

Quote from: mlangstrom on April 17, 2019, 01:30:14 PM
Strikes me as the poor mans Balotelli...high potential, questionable mental strength.

IMO - likely to play for a larger number of clubs during his career and either be poison or fantastic in each of them, all depending on his relationship with the Manager/team. Cant see him becoming the middle-of-the-road decent squad player...

If both Mitro and Parker/Manager fancy him - keep him, if either don't - let him go at any price.

For me it has to be the manager and squad not just solely Mitro out of the squad so to speak.

Sting of the North

Quote from: mlangstrom on April 17, 2019, 01:30:14 PM

I think that it is best not to be too quick with comparisons, since they are not the same person. Just because Balotelli has not been able to develop into a player consistently playing to his potential doesn't mean that Kamara will not (I know you are not stating that, just wanted to add my thoughts). And as you indicate, the other players and coaches should be the ones best equipped to assess whether or not Kamara should be welcomed back or not. We as fans (or at least I) have very limited insight into what really went on behind the scenes after all.

hovewhite

I don't hold anygrudges against the boy and think a strong manager he'd be ok and an added weapon on the pitch.Thnk under Claudio team spirit was rubbish.

bobbo

Quote from: Statto on April 17, 2019, 08:59:19 AM
Quote from: Newry FFC on April 17, 2019, 07:21:45 AM
Quote from: Statto on April 16, 2019, 06:13:19 PM

And one thing I'll say about Parker is, you can guarantee AK47 won't play up on his watch.

This makes no sense. If AK plays up and disrespects one of the most respected men in the game in Ranieri, why would he not do it under Parker? There's literally no evidence to suggest Parker as a manager would be able to command respect from difficult players.
As stated , he's a loose cannon. If Parker gets the job it will be because he will have performed well in these last 4 games. If we have performed well you can guarantee Parker won't want a loose cannon disrupting whatever shred of positivity he has garnered in these last 4 games

Well the very obvious evidence would be that he didn't play up under Jokanovic, who was also much less respected than Ranieri.

There are essentially two modes of man management - getting players to like you, such that they're happy to behave themselves, or getting them to fear you, such that they're scared to misbehave. I suspect Parker, and for that matter Jokanovic, are better at both than Ranieri. That is based largely on anecdotal evidence, such as how Mitrovic (another "loose cannon") reformed under Jokanovic, how much Cairney said this week the players like Parker, but also how Parker would mete out "discipline" (eg that Forestieri tackle) on the pitch as a player. And certainly I'd be much less scared of the gentle old clown Ranieri than of Parker or Jokanovic.

FWIW I don't necessarily think Parker should be our manager next year but for man management (both the rough and the smooth) I reckon he's top class.
SK definitely not less respected than CR by me . AK has blotted his copybook more than once, I personally don't want him back.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Milo

Thinking back to the CR man management issue... which for me was clear from his interviews and body language.

What if AK felt like he was being under appreciated by management and had to prove his worth eg with boisterous on field antics?

Hmm I don't know. It's hard to see anything from kamaras perspective as there were numerous incidents rather than one.

Arthur

I recall a player (I don't remember whom) saying that AK regularly turned up late for training. If true, this, in my opinion, would be disrespectful towards Jokanovic (among others).

I also think that Kamara's insistence, in the Huddersfield game, that he should take the penalty would have happened even were Jokanovic in charge of the team. It seems to me that a combination of AK having 'won' the spot kick, as well as having scored the previous one a few weeks earlier, caused him, in somewhat childlike fashion, to believe that he had the 'right' to take it. I don't think his behaviour was any different simply because Ranieri (rather than Jokanovic) was stood on the touchline.

Mince n Tatties

You'd think he was Lionel Messi the way some go on,he's just an average player,and there are lots in Championship and league 1 that can fill his place.

Mitch

If he's playing for Fulham next season then I'll know not to renew my season ticket. Below average footballer. And then just a terrible character. His club in Turkey are unhappy with him too - essentially AWOL, living nowhere near the team base.

Get rid.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sting of the North

It is surprising how many on here have a so very clear opinion in this matter, although most (all?) knows very little about what has actually happened, and what the rest of the players and coaching team thinks of Kamara. If your guesses are correct, meaning that he shows up late, and is generally disrespectful then surely he will not be back playing for us unless he clears his act up. If he is not regarded in general as a trouble maker, then he may be back.

I also think it is very clear that he is a very good Championship player on his day, and at the worst a very decent squad player. I disagree profoundly with those who believes that he is easily replaced by other championship players, especially since he has qualities (strength, speed and unpredictability for good and bad) that is more or less lacking in our squad overall.

Mitch

He's a quick lad who is bad at football. There's plenty of those that don't need to be sent home and have the police called.

Just from a team point of view, what does it say to other players if he's allowed back?

Let's move on for the better. We should be aiming higher.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Mitch on April 18, 2019, 10:16:12 AM
He's a quick lad who is bad at football. There's plenty of those that don't need to be sent home and have the police called.

Just from a team point of view, what does it say to other players if he's allowed back?

I tried to make the point above that we don't know what it says to other players, since we don't know how other players feel about Kamara, and we also mostly don't know what has actually happened (at least I don't). As such, we (or at least I) lack the proper context to have a reason to second guess whatever decision the club may make now. I assume from your post that you disagree with my opinion though.

As for the player, I also am not sure that we can afford to aim higher next season, and without taking potential squad disruption into the equation, I believe we are much better of with Kamara than without. He even showed in some PL games that on his day he is a nightmare for defenders even at that level, since very few can match his physicality.

Statto

Should perhaps be noted that, whilst I like AK47 and think he should be allowed back, he was, by most reasonable measures, the most successful of Tony Khan's 'big five' (in terms of cost) signings in the 2016-18 period he referred to as his good years. If he ends up expelled after barely holding down a starting spot continuously for a month, it has to be yet another nail in the coffin for TK's role as DoF, and something the FST should perhaps bring to his attention next meeting.     

Mitch

Quote from: Sting of the North on April 18, 2019, 10:34:23 AM
Quote from: Mitch on April 18, 2019, 10:16:12 AM

I tried to make the point above that we don't know what it says to other players, since we don't know how other players feel about Kamara, and we also mostly don't know what has actually happened (at least I don't). As such, we (or at least I) lack the proper context to have a reason to second guess whatever decision the club may make now. I assume from your post that you disagree with my opinion though.

How else would you feel about someone who had to be arrested for attacking a colleague?