watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anybody got news on AK47

Started by H4usuallysitting, April 16, 2019, 02:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Most possible that we are going to be without Mitrovic and Babel at the start of next season in which case we will need a player with the pace and strength of AK, that will be a dilemma but it has to be the manager's call. Surely though given a second chance he will reform.
Going by the clip he is at present playing in large stadiums in front of big crowds and behaving himself, we should manage to pocket a few million for him to help build a transfer kitty for next season.

Statto

Quote from: Mitch on April 18, 2019, 05:43:01 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on April 18, 2019, 10:34:23 AM
Quote from: Mitch on April 18, 2019, 10:16:12 AM
He's a quick lad who is bad at football. There's plenty of those that don't need to be sent home and have the police called.

Just from a team point of view, what does it say to other players if he's allowed back?

Let's move on for the better. We should be aiming higher.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I tried to make the point above that we don't know what it says to other players, since we don't know how other players feel about Kamara, and we also mostly don't know what has actually happened (at least I don't). As such, we (or at least I) lack the proper context to have a reason to second guess whatever decision the club may make now. I assume from your post that you disagree with my opinion though.

How else would you feel about someone who had to be arrested for attacking a colleague?

I find it hard to believe that he's been formally charged without us hearing about it, and therefore suspect that "attacking" the colleague actually involved shouting and gesticulating angry towards them. Given they're footballers, who shout and gesticulate angrily towards other people for a living, I don't think such a scene would disturb them. Particularly in this case where the "colleague" wasn't someone they've any reason to like, and of course their manager spent most of the last few years complaining publicly about one of his colleagues, who also ended up being arrested at Motspur Park and then in turn, made all sorts of accusations (much worse than anything AK47 is accused of) about his colleagues.

Several of the players came out and said they had no problem with AK47. None have said they were unsettled by the incident(s) or angry with AK47, so I see no reason to conclude that they were, nor any reason to infer any other significant adverse implication from him coming back.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Statto on April 18, 2019, 06:41:10 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on April 18, 2019, 10:34:23 AM
Quote from: Mitch on April 18, 2019, 10:16:12 AM
He's a quick lad who is bad at football. There's plenty of those that don't need to be sent home and have the police called.

Just from a team point of view, what does it say to other players if he's allowed back?

Let's move on for the better. We should be aiming higher.

I tried to make the point above that we don't know what it says to other players, since we don't know how other players feel about Kamara, and we also mostly don't know what has actually happened (at least I don't). As such, we (or at least I) lack the proper context to have a reason to second guess whatever decision the club may make now. I assume from your post that you disagree with my opinion though.

How else would you feel about someone who had to be arrested for attacking a colleague?

I find it hard to believe that he's been formally charged without us hearing about it, and therefore suspect that "attacking" the colleague actually involved shouting and gesticulating angry towards them. Given they're footballers, who shout and gesticulate angrily towards other people for a living, I don't think such a scene would disturb them. Particularly in this case where the "colleague" wasn't someone they've any reason to like, and of course their manager spent most of the last few years complaining publicly about one of his colleagues, who also ended up being arrested at Motspur Park and then in turn, made all sorts of accusations (much worse than anything AK47 is accused of) about his colleagues.

Several of the players came out and said they had no problem with AK47. None have said they were unsettled by the incident(s) or angry with AK47, so I see no reason to conclude that they were, nor any reason to infer any other significant adverse implication from him coming back.

Very well put Statto.

I feel like I am repeating myself, but why should we feel the need to draw any further conclusions when we have so little information, whereas the people actually potentially directly affected are likely to be very much more informed? All this making up what the other players may or may not feel is going nowhere. As Statto points out, there is nothing reported suggesting really that the other players (or Parker) have a problem with Kamara. Maybe they do, but I suspect that the people in charge are aware of that should it be the case.  I'm pro Kamara in the squad as a player, I am neither for or against Kamara in the squad as a person since I have too little to judge him on (at least within a proper context).

cottage expat

On balance, I would bring him back. He could be very useful to us in the Championship. Perhaps his nickname, AK47, made him more aggressive. A softer alternative, such as Turkish Delight, might calm him down.

Mitch

You all seem to forget that he just isn't very good at football.

Baszab

Suggest you watch the highlights of the Derby home game last year semifinal playoff
His contribution to the win was immense

Milo

Babel, Mitro, and AK up front would be quite fun in the Championship!

Arthur

Quote from: Arthur on April 18, 2019, 01:31:54 AM
I recall a player (I don't remember whom) saying that AK regularly turned up late for training. If true, this, in my opinion, would be disrespectful towards Jokanovic (among others).

Quote from: Sting of the North on April 18, 2019, 09:47:18 AM
It is surprising how many on here have a so very clear opinion in this matter, although most (all?) knows very little about what has actually happened, and what the rest of the players and coaching team thinks of Kamara. If your guesses are correct, meaning that he shows up late, and is generally disrespectful then surely he will not be back playing for us unless he clears his act up.

Firstly, though I may have imagined that a fellow player revealed that AK often turned up late for training, there's no guesswork involved.

Secondly, why is it a surprise that I would express an opinion based on something I've read? All the more so as I qualify my view with the condition, 'If true...'

Scrolling through today's additions to the thread, what I find contrary is that you subsequently commend an interpretation which uses the same basis that, in my case, you claim to decry: guesswork.

Quote from: Sting of the North on April 18, 2019, 07:11:24 PM
Quote from: Statto on April 18, 2019, 06:41:10 PM
...and therefore suspect that "attacking" the colleague actually involved shouting and gesticulating angry towards them.

Very well put Statto.

Now, this version of events may be so.

But we don't know.

No less likely, therefore, is the possibility that the person Kamara attacked didn't want to press charges, and the Club chose not to pursue the possibility of criminal damage - in part, to help to achieve its intention to send the player out on loan.

love4ffc

I'd be ok with moving on and finding someone with speed as a complete opposite option to Mitro. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

toshes mate

If you are talking about AK then he was arrested on suspicion of ABH and criminal damage, the sort of situation you may find after two or more people have had an altercation leading to chairs or tables tipping over.  He was released without charge.  No further action has been reported to have been taken.  The reason for the altercation remains speculative but it seemed to involve security personnel since AK was trying to see a senior member of FFC staff at the time. It seems AK may have been very upset about action taken by FFC without consultation with him, perhaps concerning earlier 'reportedly investigated by FFC' incidents.  There is nothing to taint the lad forever FFS.

Mitch

He's a B-Tech Sone Aluko who had to be arrested, removed and sent on loan. There's no football skill he has that we can't find elsewhere from someone who is a proper professional. Just move on. I can't for the life of me see what anyone thinks the benefit of him is. If he was good at football I'd have an incling, but he's not.

toshes mate

Quote from: Mitch on April 19, 2019, 07:53:33 AM
He's a B-Tech Sone Aluko who had to be arrested, removed and sent on loan. There's no football skill he has that we can't find elsewhere from someone who is a proper professional. Just move on. I can't for the life of me see what anyone thinks the benefit of him is. If he was good at football I'd have an incling, but he's not.
His football worth is fair game but making up stories about him is not.

Mitch

Quote from: toshes mate on April 19, 2019, 07:57:17 AM
What story was made up? We called the police and had him removed from the club. As above he was known for being constantly late. In Turkey the team were angry at him for missing training and living nowhere near the team base. Oh and he clearly has no respect for the club, team mates or fans shown by that whole penalty fiasco - still waiting on the public apology for that one.

toshes mate

Quote from: Mitch on April 19, 2019, 08:00:30 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on April 19, 2019, 07:57:17 AM
What story was made up? We called the police and had him removed from the club. As above he was known for being constantly late. In Turkey the team were angry at him for missing training and living nowhere near the team base. Oh and he clearly has no respect for the club, team mates or fans shown by that whole penalty fiasco - still waiting on the public apology for that one.
Who is 'we' just as an example?  Were you a witness to any of the incidents to any of the events you mention and can can you point to evidence? Would you care to elaborate upon your involvement, or are you speculating with hearsay, gossip, and conjecture just as I am in a slightly less hostile fashion?

Mitch

We = Fulham

Are you suggesting the police were not called? I know someone who knows it did as they were told by someone at the club themselves. Not sure how it could be construed any other way.

No comment on the rest of the issues?

Why keep a player who you had to already send out on loan due to character issues? Throw in the fact he's a bad footballer and it is patently obvious to me. And don't say because he's fast again - there's fast lads everywhere. He's not the golden goose - if we want another bad but fast player, there's plenty to pick.

toshes mate

Quote from: Mitch on April 19, 2019, 08:12:38 AM
We = Fulham

Are you suggesting the police were not called?

No comment on the rest of the issues?

Why keep a player who you had to already send out on loan due to character issues? Throw in the fact he's a bad footballer and it is patently obvious to me. And don't say because he's fast again - there's fast lads everywhere. He's not the golden goose - if we want another bad but fast player, there's plenty to pick
So you have nothing to add to what we already know.  Thanks for nothing.

Mitch

You've not answered my question. What are you suggesting isn't true about my statement?

The police were called. He was removed. He we sent on loan to get him out of the club.

Which bit is false?

Statto

Quote from: Arthur on April 19, 2019, 01:22:31 AM
though I may have imagined that a fellow player revealed that AK often turned up late for training, there's no guesswork involved.

This particular item could be resolved by you finding and producing the quote you read.

One of the advantages of the internet is that almost every significant quote from a public person works its way online and stays there forever.

For example, in 5 minutes online I've managed to locate the quotes by Mitrovic about the penalty incident ("It's normal. He's young; these kind of things can happen. In the end he took the ball and I wished him luck and told him to stay focused and score. That's what he'd do as well."), McDonald about the yoga incident ("Absolutely incredible what people can come up with... dragged apart yano :doh: 064.gif"), and Ranieri about the whole affair ("For the team there is no problem. The players are very, very easy. If he comes back, nothing happened for me, and also for his team-mates.").

A vague, uncertain recollection of reading something that someone said somewhere, sometime, doesn't, I'll concede, fall squarely within the definition of "guesswork". But it's not at all far from it.

Quote from: Arthur on April 19, 2019, 01:22:31 AM
No less likely, therefore, is the possibility that the person Kamara attacked didn't want to press charges

Whilst I don't know the intricacies of it, I believe any witness can complain or charges can be brought on general public interest grounds, so you're implying that didn't happen either. Now, I agree it's "possible" that despite Kamara carrying out a significant physical attack on a colleague, the victim didn't want to press charges, none of the witnesses wanted to make a formal complaint, and the police, having been dragged out to Motspur Park, didn't see any public interest grounds for prosecution. However, I'd strongly query whether that version of events is indeed "no less likely" than alternatives such as a significant physical attack just not having occurred at all.

Mitch

It was Tom Cairney who said it on an episode of Teammates on Soccer am.

The Old Count

Someone at the club, who knows more about the situation than any of us,will make a decision on the matter. And it will probably turn out be the wrong one.......