watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pat Roberts

Started by N_O_W_S, April 18, 2019, 11:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N_O_W_S

I was thinking about the possibility of Ryan Sess moving on and was wondering where he would end up. It brought me round to thinking about Pat Roberts.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/patrick-roberts/profil/spieler/225452

Bought by Man City and after his stint in Scotland (3x Scotish Premier League winner, 2x Scottish Cup Winner, 2x Scottish League Cup) he has ended up on loan at Girona.

Now 22, he is valued at £4.5mill by Transfer Markt.

He is getting semi-regular football with 16 LaLiga appearances (0 goals, 0 assists) and 2 Copa del Rey appearances (1 assist).

Not setting the world on fire, but his loan is for two years so he is there until next June. Wonder where he will end up.

Burt

I know I am totally biased, but I am convinced Sess's development is best served by first team football with us rather than warming the bench at Spurs.

fulhamben

Quote from: Burt on April 18, 2019, 12:28:37 PM
I know I am totally biased, but I am convinced Sess's development is best served by first team football with us rather than warming the bench at Spurs.
yep, sess is miles behind son and moura.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

That's where he is.
I thought he'd taken early retirement.😊

jarv

These days, pound signs mean more than playing time I guess. In some ways, you can't blame them for following the money.

70sPimlico

I'm not so sure.

Taking my B & W blinkers off, I think dropping down to Championship would be a bad move for our Sess. The boy needs to play at the topp level to achieve his potential. At 19, I think he's served his time with us. Obviosuly, had we stayed up, different story. Just wish we could command a bigger fee.

70sPimlico

Quote from: jarv on April 18, 2019, 02:43:59 PM
These days, pound signs mean more than playing time I guess. In some ways, you can't blame them for following the money.
I think he's played a lot of first team football. Girona is a stunning place. He must be having a whale of a time. Good on him

Sting of the North

He has been playing though, both in the Scottish league and in La Liga. He wasn't even first choice at Fulham, so it is very understandable why he followed the money at that point. He has played well over 100 professional games even though he's had some injuires and he just turned 22. He's also had the pleasure of experiencing several different leagues. That's not too bad in my opinion.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: Sting of the North on April 18, 2019, 03:01:17 PM

He has been playing though, both in the Scottish league and in La Liga. He wasn't even first choice at Fulham, so it is very understandable why he followed the money at that point. He has played well over 100 professional games even though he's had some injuires and he just turned 22. He's also had the pleasure of experiencing several different leagues. That's not too bad in my opinion.

He was a regular in Scotland for sure. Scored some decent goals as well. I just hope we see him in the Prem when his time is Spain is over.

bog

Wonder what would have happened if he had not have left and if Slav had been his boss. Kit never trusted him enough for more than 5 mins.  :022:

092.gif

Southcoastffc

Quote from: 70sPimlico on April 18, 2019, 02:57:39 PM
I'm not so sure.

Taking my B & W blinkers off, I think dropping down to Championship would be a bad move for our Sess. The boy needs to play at the topp level to achieve his potential. At 19, I think he's served his time with us. Obviosuly, had we stayed up, different story. Just wish we could command a bigger fee.
I agree. And I think he'd benefit from better coaching at a higher (eg top 6) club. If you were Sess, would you prefer, say, Spurs set up under Poch or our current management?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

I always rated Roberts very highly, thought he would have a place in a top six club by now but I suspect his bank  account is looking pretty good for a 22 year old.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Ols_S on April 18, 2019, 11:11:54 AM
I was thinking about the possibility of Ryan Sess moving on and was wondering where he would end up. It brought me round to thinking about Pat Roberts.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/patrick-roberts/profil/spieler/225452

Bought by Man City and after his stint in Scotland (3x Scotish Premier League winner, 2x Scottish Cup Winner, 2x Scottish League Cup) he has ended up on loan at Girona.

Now 22, he is valued at £4.5mill by Transfer Markt.

He is getting semi-regular football with 16 LaLiga appearances (0 goals, 0 assists) and 2 Copa del Rey appearances (1 assist).

Not setting the world on fire, but his loan is for two years so he is there until next June. Wonder where he will end up.

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/first-team-news/2018/august/man-city-patrick-roberts-joins-girona-on-loan

Man City and Girona reported it as a one year loan, not sure where the 2 years came from? Looking at pat Roberts, if he was still here I'd doubt he be any use to us, kind of like a Sessegnon where hope was greater than expectation In the premier league. Roberts is getting good experience but he won't get a chance at city and girona are using him as an impact sub which is doing no good for him. He needs a permanent move to give him a proper challenge

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: fulhamben on April 18, 2019, 01:22:11 PM
yep, sess is miles behind son and moura.

They'll try and mould him into a replacement for Rose as a left wingback if they sign him believing he can defend !