watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stating the bleeding obvious!!!

Started by bill taylors apprentice, April 19, 2019, 08:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

Considering 38 points or less will see you safe this season and with the season coming to its sorry conclusion I've been looking through our results to see where we could have, should have picked up more points and survived.

Looking at how we actually performed in games rather than basing things on any pre match theories there is very little evidence we deserved to pick up many more points let alone enough to stay up!

But I expect you all know that.............    :Get Coat gif:

If I just think about our teams performances (rather than the state of the club in general) since 1962, I've probably witnessed worse but this one surely runs it close.

Andy S

It is all so true. Unfortunately the mistakes are from top to bottom of the players and management structure. Nobody seemed to care or even try to correct it from where I'm sitting

Woolly Mammoth

I cannot argue with that, poor performances generally ran in conjunction with poor results.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: Andy S on April 19, 2019, 09:20:35 AM
It is all so true. Unfortunately the mistakes are from top to bottom of the players and management structure. Nobody seemed to care or even try to correct it from where I'm sitting
This is what concerns me too, since the mistakes made were cumulative both materially and effectively, adding layers of unnecessary complexity to what was simply, at the beginning, overestimating the power of throwing a lot of money at a simple problem i.e. where did the team of Wembley need additional strength and how best to find or recruit that strength. No truly viable solutions were found to a simple problem and following that many more rash decisions were made.  The Club made a rod for its own back and as far as I can tell has learned nothing from that.  Will it spill over into the next several months or will we see a more sensible and desirable approach?  I am not holding my breath. 

Fulham 442

Brighton away always springs to mind for points needlessly lost.  We would also have won an away game early on in the season!

Statto

It is worth noting BTA.

It really annoys me that Tony Khan can be so deluded as to tweet about 59% of clubs coming up via the play-offs being relegated and treat that as some significant mitigant of our awful performance this season.

As I said on another thread, 0% of those clubs spent £100m.

Our projected tally of 22pts will make us the 7th worst performing PL team since they switched to a 38-game season. That includes Huddersfield, assuming they do even worse.

So over 90% of relegated clubs will have gone down with more points than us. FWIW, only one of the six worse club had just come up via the play-offs, Derby in 2007/08.

In other words, yes it may be true that 59% of clubs coming up via the play-offs have gone straight back down - but we have been the biggest spending, and yet second worst performing, of all of them.

ffcne

Quote from: Fulham 442 on April 19, 2019, 09:41:55 AM
Brighton away always springs to mind for points needlessly lost.  We would also have won an away game early on in the season!

Clutching at straws!!!
Some late equalisers  against us when winning Leicster and Wolves at home.
When drawing Tottenham,Chelsea,Liverpool.
Should have beaten Newcastle.

Slaphead in Qatar

The only time I felt hopeful was after the Brighton at home second half comeback. If idiot Ranieri would have started the next game with the same team that ended against Brighton we may gone on a run. Instead he switched the team and the formation and the tactics

filham

We spent the money on what seemed to be quality players but we saw bad performances game after game, even with the benefit of hindsight it is hard to see what really went wrong other than all those individual errors.

Holders

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on April 19, 2019, 10:39:26 AM
The only time I felt hopeful was after the Brighton at home second half comeback. If idiot Ranieri would have started the next game with the same team that ended against Brighton we may gone on a run. Instead he switched the team and the formation and the tactics

Spot on.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Robbie

Brighton may well survive on 33 points !      The only easy game Brighton and Cardiff have .. between them ... is Cardiff Fulham at The Cottage !

ALG01

Quote from: Statto on April 19, 2019, 09:43:23 AM
It is worth noting BTA.

It really annoys me that Tony Khan can be so deluded as to tweet about 59% of clubs coming up via the play-offs being relegated and treat that as some significant mitigant of our awful performance this season.

As I said on another thread, 0% of those clubs spent £100m.

Our projected tally of 22pts will make us the 7th worst performing PL team since they switched to a 38-game season. That includes Huddersfield, assuming they do even worse.

So over 90% of relegated clubs will have gone down with more points than us. FWIW, only one of the six worse club had just come up via the play-offs, Derby in 2007/08.

In other words, yes it may be true that 59% of clubs coming up via the play-offs have gone straight back down - but we have been the biggest spending, and yet second worst performing, of all of them.

I think that quote from TK encapsulates what is wrong woith his delusional outlook. he didn't say that at the start of the season and he has not properly analysed the previous teams that went straight back down, He will find precious  little similarity to our position. He has no mastery of stats whatsoever and I doubt he has anby qualification in the subject.

The reason we are going down has nothing whatsoever to do with where we finsihed last season, it is entirely down to his total incompetence in the transfer market, no more, no less.

ALG01

Quote from: filham on April 19, 2019, 02:38:00 PM
We spent the money on what seemed to be quality players but we saw bad performances game after game, even with the benefit of hindsight it is hard to see what really went wrong other than all those individual errors.

getting the worng players way too late was the issue and two duff keepers.

we needed a new defence and got none worthy of the name. we needed a captain, no, we needed a tough midfielder..we didn;t get that either.... so actually very simple to see what went wrong it was TKs transfers that killed us stone dead.