more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steve Sess

Started by sunburywhite, April 19, 2019, 08:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

As TFM is injured could we finally see SS started against Bournemouth

I am sure RS would love to play in the same team as him and might help future negotiations
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

snarks

Unlikely, think he'll be on the bench with Cyrus starting. Fraser is pretty quick, so who knows whether Scott will go for Cyrus orcDenis, I just don't think it will be S Sess (sadly)

bog

If S Sess does not get a single minute before the end of this troubled/disastrous season I will be very annoyed.  :031: Why not? 

092.gif

aaronmcguigan

Steven is continually overlooked in favour of Christie, Odoi and Tim Fosu Mensah. These 3 have been derided at various points of the season for poor performances and mistakes yet not one of our 3 managers this season have thought Steven is good enough (yet) to bring him in to a league match.

As far as I can remember he's been with the senior squad all season, travelling on match days with the squad most weeks, and being on the bench a few times . We have seen constant issues at right back and centre back ; and a multitude of formations deployed yet Steven is overlooked.

We absolutely shouldn't use playing Steven as a bargaining tool to keep Ryan. I'd see right through that if I were Ryan. Plus if Steven ever does force his way into the lineup, (1. I'd be delighted but 2...) it needs to be on merit, impressing the coaches , and nothing to do with Ryan.
For all we know , Steven could be better long term and he's developing at his own rate. If he's not good enough now, there's no need to put him in just to keep Ryan happy.

filham

Quote from: Newry FFC on April 19, 2019, 10:47:48 AM
Steven is continually overlooked in favour of Christie, Odoi and Tim Fosu Mensah. These 3 have been derided at various points of the season for poor performances and mistakes yet not one of our 3 managers this season have thought Steven is good enough (yet) to bring him in to a league match.

As far as I can remember he's been with the senior squad all season, travelling on match days with the squad most weeks, and being on the bench a few times . We have seen constant issues at right back and centre back ; and a multitude of formations deployed yet Steven is overlooked.

We absolutely shouldn't use playing Steven as a bargaining tool to keep Ryan. I'd see right through that if I were Ryan. Plus if Steven ever does force his way into the lineup, (1. I'd be delighted but 2...) it needs to be on merit, impressing the coaches , and nothing to do with Ryan.
For all we know , Steven could be better long term and he's developing at his own rate. If he's not good enough now, there's no need to put him in just to keep Ryan happy.

Fully agree, Parker must decide when Steve is ready, it would be foolish to play him just because of public demand or because his other three options are so bad.

However it will be nice to see Parker select him for a game before the end of the season.

Andy S

Ryan could be the one who is holding Steven back due to age. Why would a coach opt to play two 18 year olds in a leaky defence unless he had to? I'm all for youth but successful team will usually have a mixture of older and younger players and Ryan has kind of cemented his pace as a starter

Andy S

Let's be honest here Parker is trying to get the managers job and Slav and Ranieri were trying to keep a job from a low position. So why would they risk an 18 year old if they felt others were better able to do a job? Under Ranieri even Ryan wasn't played

sarnian

Quote from: Andy S on April 19, 2019, 11:19:13 AM
Let's be honest here Parker is trying to get the managers job and Slav and Ranieri were trying to keep a job from a low position. So why would they risk an 18 year old if they felt others were better able to do a job? Under Ranieri even Ryan wasn't played
r

A couple of people who attend under 23 games have reported the Steven has had a poor season so why are people suggesting he plays for the first team. Just because he was a youth World Cup winner does not mean he is good enough for the premiership. Sooner try and rebuild his confidence in the close season than destroy it in our last 4 games

Jamie88

Personally I've liked what I've seen from Marlon Fossey but he barely gets a mention on here. If he was a bit more physically imposing I'm sure he'd have had a few first team appearances in the match day squad by now