watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Watering the pitch

Started by Andy S, April 19, 2019, 11:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

How much of an advantage does watering the pitch before a game give to ball playing teams?

Woolly Mammoth

A well watered pitch will allow for slick fast passing movements. It will encourage true and speedy movement of the ball.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Glenn Hoddle pointed out in France 98, that the most important thing is players that are use to water or unwatered pitches tend to play better on what they are use too. He noted that France pitches tend to be less water than english pitches.

Andy S

If you remember the Birmingham game away last season, they didn't water the pitch and we were awful

sunburywhite

The old Baseball Ground had water on it every day of the year unless it was hot in which case it was concrete
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

gang

If nothing else it's an excuse.

grandad

It is done to dissolve the spit from the players.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Andy S on April 20, 2019, 07:31:03 AM
If you remember the Birmingham game away last season, they didn't water the pitch and we were awful

The fact that they did not cut the grass either, did not help our ball playing team.

filham

Always seem there is a rist of players slipping on a green wet surface.