https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Development Update

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 06, 2019, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

I Ronic

Quote from: Stevieboy on April 20, 2020, 07:25:10 PM
I do notice there never seems to be many people working in the photos.
Does anyone know how many people are involved in the construction ?

Could be they're moving that quickly the camera doesnt pick them up. If that's  the case I wonder if they can kick a ball?

JimOG

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 07, 2020, 03:38:52 PM

Thanks muchly. I love to see these pics & am hoping to get across for the opening next year. And that recent video as well brought it all to life

HillingdonFFC

I took those latest pics & it was extremely busy, tippers going in & out. Loads of noise coming from the ground & plenty of workman beavering about

SP

Good to see something positive, keep the photos coming.

mrmicawbers

Looks like there covering the corners which hopeFully helps the atmosphere assuming the same at the hammersmith end.

filham

I think we are getting within a month or so when we will see the steel framework starting, that will indicate real progress.
Please keep the photographs coming as they are a real tonic during Lockdown.

davew

Quote from: filham on May 07, 2020, 08:16:10 PM
I think we are getting within a month or so when we will see the steel framework starting, that will indicate real progress.
Please keep the photographs coming as they are a real tonic during Lockdown.
Talking about tonic, where is my Gordon´s bottle?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fernhurst

Even the underling work looks professional and of a high standard. When the steels start rising it will be difficult keep from not being excited
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

HillingdonFFC

They still have to excavate the basement level apparently so not sure how that affects the steelwork going up, which should've been taking place soon

filham

That last picture with all the grass in the foreground is rather a mystery. I assume it is the view from Bishops Park , then what are the white buildings behind the green fence that look like a row of houses, contactors huts ??

G_Gribby

Quote from: filham on May 08, 2020, 10:02:52 AM
That last picture with all the grass in the foreground is rather a mystery. I assume it is the view from Bishops Park , then what are the white buildings behind the green fence that look like a row of houses, contactors huts ??

Contractors huts, office facilities, meeting rooms, coffee break..  stuff needed beside bending steel.
For sure exiting times.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

gang

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on May 07, 2020, 04:15:45 PM
I took those latest pics & it was extremely busy, tippers going in & out. Loads of noise coming from the ground & plenty of workman beavering about

There are about 70 workers on site.

Friendsoffulham

Latest images courtesy of Phil Eshelby via the Friends of Fulham Facebook page. 

"Would be keen to know why they didn't finish the last bit of the slab here?"

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 24, 2020, 02:23:22 PM
Latest images courtesy of Phil Eshelby via the Friends of Fulham Facebook page. 

"Would be keen to know why they didn't finish the last bit of the slab here?"

Looks like it steps up higher at that end for some reason and maybe finish mat be different.

Riversider

Quote from: Riversider on May 06, 2020, 02:49:23 PM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on November 15, 2019, 04:42:56 PM
https://ffcw001.azureedge.net/-/media/downloads/pdf/a3_info_session_nov_2019_single.jpg

If as the Club say, progress is still on track, then this month is set to be the most exciting so far as we get to see the huge steel frame starting to go up, will be a real poignant moment when we get to see the first picture showing this happening.

According to the clubs own schedule, the steel frame was going to start going up in April, the glazing was to start in May, and the concrete terracing to start in June,
So by that reckoning we must be at least two months behind schedule already, cant be because of the weather or football disruption can only be down to Covid-19

Fernhurst

Thank you Phil for this latest update.
Please keep updating us, we are an eager audience.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

Most likely reason for the job running late is that the contractor is finding things more difficult than anticipated, and it really looks a complex build.
However , no doubt the reason for delay will be given as coronavirus.

gang

A lot of the work schedule has been changed because there may not be a Summer football break in July, Should start to see steel going up in August. The Putney Stand media centre has got the dry lining boys in now and the basement is being dug and shipped away by barge.

alfie

Quote from: filham on May 25, 2020, 08:24:07 PM
Most likely reason for the job running late is that the contractor is finding things more difficult than anticipated, and it really looks a complex build.
However , no doubt the reason for delay will be given as coronavirus.
It could also be because the supplies are not available, my son is a plasterer, he has a lot of work on hold because he cannot get the stuff, a bag of plaster costs around £8.00, currently selling on eBay for £45.00.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't