watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why Are We Losing Our Kids?

Started by Mince n Tatties, June 13, 2019, 10:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

With Sess set to leave,and now Cody Drameh looks like he off to Germany, and the rumours that Harvey will go as well,its rather frustrating that were producing these kids and losing them still in their teens.😟

RP24

I was just thinking the same thing, I wonder if its a case of money. I know for Roberts and Dembele they both wanted more than we were prepared to offer. That and with it being a short career maybe our youngsters think they are best served cashing in whilst they can.

That and they often move to traditionally bigger clubs than Fulham. 

So I don't know but I share your frustrations, especially as we have a track record for actually playing youngsters.

Mince n Tatties

Who was that kid went to Everton, couple of seasons ago?

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 13, 2019, 10:41:51 AM

Dennis Adeniran

Mince n Tatties

The Enclosurite

They get poached now for peanuts before they can command a fee - the problem is the system that lets this happen.
¡COYW!

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: The Enclosurite on June 13, 2019, 11:00:54 AM
They get poached now for peanuts before they can command a fee - the problem is the system that lets this happen.

Said this on another thread sometime back, So whats the point in training them up if you lose them for nothing. System is wrong.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Fernhurst

Fulham teenager Cody Drameh set to have medical a Eintracht Frankfurt ahead of proposed move.

Where are we going wrong? At least Southampton got top dollar for their jewels
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

twang

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on June 13, 2019, 10:48:09 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 13, 2019, 10:41:51 AM

Dennis Adeniran

At least we got a decent fee for him. Around £4m I think was reported at the time.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

In my ignorance where is Denis Adeniran now?
With youngsters in general you get the minority who are loyal and the majority who go for the money and the glamour of the big clubs.(plus big bung unofficial payments for their parents!)
Agents are as responsible for this as anyone.
If you read the gossip columns our bigs six or seven clubs are constantly in the market to hoover up any youngster who is any good and in time that will ruin the game.
Emerson Hyndman left for Bournemouth rather than stay.
That was on the advice of the USA coach before his last season had even started so what chance had we of negotiating a contract.

junior white

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 13, 2019, 11:20:43 AM
Fulham teenager Cody Drameh set to have medical a Eintracht Frankfurt ahead of proposed move.

Where are we going wrong? At least Southampton got top dollar for their jewels
Teams home and abroad have wised up now, they move for the kids before their first contract so they get them a lot cheaper. Southampton would not get nowadays what they used to get

Fernhurst

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on June 13, 2019, 11:44:06 AM
In my ignorance where is Denis Adeniran now?
With youngsters in general you get the minority who are loyal and the majority who go for the money and the glamour of the big clubs.(plus big bung unofficial payments for their parents!)
Agents are as responsible for this as anyone.
If you read the gossip columns our bigs six or seven clubs are constantly in the market to hoover up any youngster who is any good and in time that will ruin football.
Having a senior moment but who was our American lad who went to Bournemouth or Southampton a couple of years ago.
That was on the advice of the USA coach before his last season had started so what chance had we of negotiating a contract.

It was Bournemouth and his name was Emerson Hyderman

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Thank you. Note my crafty amendment in my original post.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on June 13, 2019, 11:53:34 AM
Thank you. Note my crafty amendment in my original post.

Oh yes..... Last time I saw Hyndman he was weaving between the chemical toilets adjacent to a 3G training pitch AFC Bournemouth use in the back of beyond.
Thought he might have been off back to USA this season.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Dennis Emmanuel Abiodun Bamidele Chijoke Adeniran is an English professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Everton

Emerson Hyndman

Season   Date   Left   Joined   MV   Fee   
18/19   Jan 1, 2019   Hibernian FC   Scotland   Hibernian FC   AFC Bournemouth   England   Bournemouth   1,00 Mill. €   End of loan   
18/19   Aug 8, 2018   AFC Bournemouth   England   Bournemouth   Hibernian FC   Scotland   Hibernian FC   1,00 Mill. €   Loan   
16/17   May 9, 2017   Rangers FC   Scotland   Rangers   AFC Bournemouth   England   Bournemouth   1,00 Mill. €   End of loan   
16/17   Jan 8, 2017   AFC Bournemouth   England   Bournemouth   Rangers FC   Scotland   Rangers   1,00 Mill. €   Loan   
16/17   Jul 1, 2016   Fulham FC   England   Fulham   AFC Bournemouth   England   Bournemouth   750 Th. €   Free Transfer   
14/15   Jul 1, 2014   Fulham FC U18   England   Fulham U18   Fulham FC   England   Fulham   -   -   
12/13   Jul 1, 2012   Fulham FC  Youth   England   Fulham Youth   Fulham FC U18   England   Fulham U18   -   -   
11/12   Jul 1, 2011   FC Dallas Academy   United States   Dallas Academy   Fulham FC  Youth   England   Fulham Youth
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Two Ton Ted

To be fair, FFC are pretty sharp in the poaching kids department, most recently highlighted in getting that lad from Hartlepool.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

grandad

The "big" clubs sign as many kids as they can, not with the intention of bringing them on eventually into their 1st team squad, but to loan them out in the hope that they make the grade to increase their value. They then sell them on & the money goes to fund their £100 mil signings.
In my mind it is totally wrong as the kids never get an identity with their parent club. One or two may make it but for every one that does 10 or more are never seen again.
There must be a cap on the number of players a club can have out on loan. 20 -30 is not realistic or fair.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Chutney

Its widely known that Ali Mac doesn't allow youngsters who refuse to switch to a Fulham preferred agent to play for the first team. This is partly why some are choosing to leave, Matt O'reilly is by far and away our most talented prospect, even above Harvey Elliot, he won't feature for our first team because he won't switch his agent.

I imagine with Drameh its a similar story, frankfurt are hardly offering the bright lights and wage, they are just offering a realistic chance at game time once he's ready.
C O Y W

TommyFFCGun

Quote from: Chutney on June 13, 2019, 12:43:07 PM
Its widely known that Ali Mac doesn't allow youngsters who refuse to switch to a Fulham preferred agent to play for the first team. This is partly why some are choosing to leave, Matt O'reilly is by far and away our most talented prospect, even above Harvey Elliot, he won't feature for our first team because he won't switch his agent.

I imagine with Drameh its a similar story, frankfurt are hardly offering the bright lights and wage, they are just offering a realistic chance at game time once he's ready.

Really? That seems highly unlikely. What manager would tolerate that and if you're the owner you risk losing these kids even sooner because no matter how talented they are their development and path to the first team is blocked for non footballing reasons. If this is true then it is scandalous.

grandad

Can´t be that widely known as I havn´t seen any statement from the Club.
Where there's a will there's a wife