more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The meaning behind your Username?

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 17, 2019, 01:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sussexwhite

Stoneleigh Loyalist

My name is Where I live and the fact that I love this club.
Let me bring a tear to the eye of some of you and rude comments about silly old farts on this board from others.
I have supported Fulham since 1949 attending a minimum of 15 home games a season for the first thirty years and as a season ticket holder holder for the last forty.
An hour ago I had one of the most difficult decisions that I have had for a long time when the club phoned to ask if I would be renewing my season ticket.
At 79 with a slight health problem and not enjoying the journey from Epsom on my own especially for midweek games reluctantly I had to say no.
If available seating looks reasonable I will still try to come to matches as the present management recruitment policy may seem frustrating but is nothing compared with my hatred of Bulstrode, Clay , and Marler Estates, and the stupidity of  Trinder who at least had one catchphrase suited to Fulham supporters 'You Lucky People!!'

Ronnief

I live in Littlehampton but didn't want to use that name. 064.gif

Russianrob

From Fulham but now live in Russia and seeking citizenship here.You can disown your homeland but you can never disown your true football team!

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on June 17, 2019, 04:18:45 PM
Stands for boring old git. My wife told me to use that....from when I was about 30.... :022:

Blimey, never knew that Captain. The rest of us vintage posters don't agree with your missus. 👍
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

WokingFFC

Burt

My surname is shared with the late, great Bert Weedon so it's the inevitable nickname given to me from people of a certain vintage. When I first started using it, I mis-spelt it but through sheer apathy it's something I've chosen not to change. Indeed, had Bert still been alive I would have tried to get him to change to Burt.

Cheers

The Poster Called Burt But Should Have Been Bert

filham

My christiam name is Phil and ham is so close to my real surname name that it was just unavoidable.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 17, 2019, 04:35:58 PM
Quote from: bog on June 17, 2019, 04:18:45 PM
Stands for boring old git. My wife told me to use that....from when I was about 30.... :022:

Blimey, never knew that Captain. The rest of us vintage posters don't agree with your missus. 👍

Thanks Fernhurst! I parked in that street for one game last season and I thought that had to do with you. My long gone dad was born in Coomber Road in 1910, that is now flats. I have a photo of he riding a motorbike there. To me priceless.  :54:

HV71

Whilst football is by far my number one favourite sport I also love ice hockey and have been lucky enough to watch this team in Sweden on many occasions.

YankeeJim

Doh!

Jim is my name and .........

The flag was donated by WhiteJC.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Barrett487

i named myself after my favourite player.... 487 explained by Wiki........... 

Les Barrett (born 22 October 1947 in Chelsea) is an English former professional footballer, making the third-all-time record appearances for Fulham of 487 starts and 4 substitutions.

bobbo

Real name "Robert" but know as Bob.
A manager continually kept calling me Bobbo - where I worked, it just stuck.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 17, 2019, 03:23:23 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on June 17, 2019, 01:33:55 PM
Erm, I live in Suffolk  :005:

SHAME!!!! Near Woodbridge by any chance?

FFC + my year of birth. Boring. Sorry.

No Ipswich, but Woodbridge is very nice.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Cambridge Pete

Raised in Putney and Teddington. Moved around a lot, ended up in a Cambridge Village and my name is Pete.

Mince n Tatties

My Grandmother lived in Anstruther in Fife,and every Xmas she used to send my sister and I in Herne Bay the "Oor Wullie or Brooms annuals which we loved.
The characters were always eating Mince n Tatties which used to make us laugh.
Hence my name,and my profile pic is actually me not " Oor Willie"..😊

elgreenio

This but replacing Bart with my nickname at the time
touch my camera through the fence

Shropshire Lad

Was born in Greenford moved to Harlow,fancied a girl whose surname was Robson,realised a Bobby Robson was playing for Fulham and the rest is history. Now live in Shropshire hence Shropshire lad. 092.gif

Syd Cupp

I live in Sidcup so its just a play on the name and i'm called Sy (Simon).

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife