watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Sausages!!

Started by Burt, June 20, 2019, 12:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Given Barnsley are the first up, I had a quick scoot over to their forum to see what the reaction is (fairly confident they can get one over us, a good time to play us as we will still be in transition).

Whilst there, I stumbled across a thread that could well have graced FOF a few years ago, courtesy of Fat Fred.
http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/sausages.280546/

Quality stuff  :dft011:

Art Vandelay

Quite amusing, although I disagree on the Richmond sausages as I'm very fond of them.

Burt

I'm a Tesco Finest man myself, particularly partial to their Pork & Onion, and Pork & Apple...

I daresay the meat content is minimal, but nothing what a heap of brown sauce can cope with :)

Penfold

The sausages in the Nurnburger Bratwurst Glockl near Munich Cathedral are wonderful. Washed down with Augustiner helles served on gravity direct from the barrel 😋

snarks

I'm vegan, so it's immaterial

You're just a bunch of sausage eating elitists who don't understand that some people demand to be able to choose their own way of living and eating without the need for the perpetual meat eaters to keep on about it, meat this, meat that. I mean it's not like you ever hear of a vegan going all preachy about the evils of meat eating, us quiet shy introverted non meat eaters should be allowed to live our lives in peace without having to avoid a football forum, yes football to have us distracted by talk of sausages and being made out of pork. Oh and for those talking about pork and apple you keep your meat stained fingers off our apples, they should not be combined ever, it's just wrong, wrong I tell you. Oh and don't get me started on your leather shoes you bunch of w...........

(I would point out the rant is ironic, I don't really care)

filham

Quote from: snarks on June 20, 2019, 02:33:47 PM

You're just a bunch of sausage eating elitists who don't understand that some people demand to be able to choose their own way of living and eating without the need for the perpetual meat eaters to keep on about it, meat this, meat that. I mean it's not like you ever hear of a vegan going all preachy about the evils of meat eating, us quiet shy introverted non meat eaters should be allowed to live our lives in peace without having to avoid a football forum, yes football to have us distracted by talk of sausages and being made out of pork. Oh and for those talking about pork and apple you keep your meat stained fingers off our apples, they should not be combined ever, it's just wrong, wrong I tell you. Oh and don't get me started on your leather shoes you bunch of w...........

Well I am a Vegi, my wife wouldn't feed me if I wasn't, and there are some quite good vegi sausages about so we don't have to envy the meat eaters and their bangers.

By the way  they say the cure for vegitarians and vegans is the smell of a toasted bacon sandwich, so irresistibly tempting.

ALG01

Quote from: filham on June 20, 2019, 03:13:22 PM

Well I am a Vegi, my wife wouldn't feed me if I wasn't, and there are some quite good vegi sausages about so we don't have to envy the meat eaters and their bangers.

By the way  they say the cure for vegitarians and vegans is the smell of a toasted bacon sandwich, so irresistibly tempting.

I loathe the smell of a toasted bacon sandwich, I think that is the absolute case for becoming a vegitarian.
Can you advise a good vegi/vegan sausage? I know Quarn sausage rolls are absolutely delicious, better than most meat ones but actual sausages can be very hot and miss.

The Old Count

Quote from: ALG01 on June 20, 2019, 03:20:07 PM

I loathe the smell of a toasted bacon sandwich, I think that is the absolute case for becoming a vegitarian.
Can you advise a good vegi/vegan sausage? I know Quarn sausage rolls are absolutely delicious, better than most meat ones but actual sausages can be very hot and miss.

Sainsbury Scrumdogs veggie sausages.  Top bangers.

snarks

I'm partial to a cauldron vegan Cumberland sausage, they are good, on the hotdog style though it has to be Fry's smoked style not found anything else that comes close.

Wolf

Quorn bratwurst are superb
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Grumpy Worthing White

There used to be a mobile burger van on the A2 just past the Dover Patrol (heading east bound) in the 80`s I think it was called Bob and Mary`s, don`t know where they got their bangers from but I`ve never tasted anything better since.

filham

Quote from: ALG01 on June 20, 2019, 03:20:07 PM

I and 1in 10 people have a Quorn allergy which results in a  rise in body  temperature within a couple of hours of eating followed by overnight sickness and diarrhoea, so be warned and be careful.

FFC1987

How one can loathe the smell of bacon  is beyond me.

I got my vegi friend the Heck beetroot sausages and the Heck indian sausages and he really liked them.

As for me, I really like the Asda Finest leek and pepper sausages.

Barrett487

Quote from: snarks on June 20, 2019, 03:54:26 PM
I'm partial to a cauldron vegan Cumberland sausage, they are good, on the hotdog style though it has to be Fry's smoked style not found anything else that comes close.

:plus one:

My meat eating friends also like them.

grandad

Impossible to cook vegi sausages on a BBQ. 3 hours & they still don´t turn brown on the outside.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Barrett487

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 20, 2019, 04:58:43 PM

I've been mostly meat-free for 20 years and the smell, or taste of bacon is probably the last thing that would tempt me.

FFC1987

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 20, 2019, 05:21:52 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on June 20, 2019, 04:58:43 PM

I've been mostly meat-free for 20 years and the smell, or taste of bacon is probably the last thing that would tempt me.

I don't think i'll ever understand that. Taste aspect, yeh, smell, never.

Abbotsbury White

I am possibly as far from being a veggie as it is possible to be and still live, absolutely adore a sausage or 2 but I recently was given a Gregg's veg sausage roll by my Vegan chum as a challenge and TBH it was not bad at all it was hard to tell what it was just like the proper sausage rolls.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

FFC1987

Quote from: Mo on June 20, 2019, 05:26:43 PM
I am possibly as far from being a veggie as it is possible to be and still live, absolutely adore a sausage or 2 but I recently was given a Gregg's veg sausage roll by my Vegan chum as a challenge and TBH it was not bad at all it was hard to tell what it was just like the proper sausage rolls.

Has this debate recently. If they made it a vegi rather than vegan with sue of eggs for pastry, I'd eat them over the meat ones. I feel like the filling is better than meat but the pastry was like cardboard, super dry.

AlbanianWhite

You can't beat a cevapi sausage imo.
An Albanian is for life, not just for Christmas!