more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Sausages!!

Started by Burt, June 20, 2019, 12:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbanianWhite

Quote from: Burt on June 20, 2019, 12:54:59 PM
Given Barnsley are the first up, I had a quick scoot over to their forum to see what the reaction is (fairly confident they can get one over us, a good time to play us as we will still be in transition).

Whilst there, I stumbled across a thread that could well have graced FOF a few years ago, courtesy of Fat Fred.
http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/sausages.280546/

Quality stuff  :dft011:

Thank Allah Fat Fred got the boot, he was a complete moron.
An Albanian is for life, not just for Christmas!

Fulhamfan666

I used to love the tesco sausages but unfortunately I can't eat them anymore because I think I'm allergice to one of the conservation products they put on them.
My throat closes and I struggle to breath/talk for a good while. Not to mention it's scary af  :016:

ALG01

Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on June 21, 2019, 09:30:09 AM
I used to love the tesco sausages but unfortunately I can't eat them anymore because I think I'm allergice to one of the conservation products they put on them.
My throat closes and I struggle to breath/talk for a good while. Not to mention it's scary af  :016:

I hope I am not speaking out of turn but if you got that extreme reaction you really ought to see your doctor and arrange some tests. If there is something in the sausages then it is probably used elsewhere and better to be certain what caused the issue.

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: ALG01 on June 21, 2019, 01:47:42 PM

I hope I am not speaking out of turn but if you got that extreme reaction you really ought to see your doctor and arrange some tests. If there is something in the sausages then it is probably used elsewhere and better to be certain what caused the issue.

Yeah that's what I thought. I will thanks!

ALG01

Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on June 21, 2019, 03:02:55 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on June 21, 2019, 01:47:42 PM

Yeah that's what I thought. I will thanks!

Good, [leasd to hear it. I have had a series of intolerances for years and years that make me cautious but if they flare up unexpecdely they can be very nasty indeed. Good luck...

Logicalman

Speaking on behalf of ex-pats, finding a suitable sausage in the US, that is comparable to a British banger, takes a lot more effort than can usually be expected and some places nigh on mission impossible.

The one thing we head for when we get back home is real bangers and mash, a delicacy most understated in the homeland (for those of the meat-eating clan).

Talking of the smell of bacon (delish) over here they have turkey bacon, go figure.  :022:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

fcfulham55

Sausages and all our meat has to be from M&S.  Not much more for much better quality. 
Sent from my Nokia 3310

fcfulham55

Quote from: fcfulham55 on June 22, 2019, 10:04:52 PM
Sausages and all our meat has to be from M&S.  Not much more for much better quality. 

https://www.marksandspencer.com/sweet-potato-and-red-pepper-sausages/p/p60154772?extid=ps_gglpla_Food To Order&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8fC-_v794gIVR7DtCh0MBgiBEAQYAyABEgIDCvD_BwE
Sent from my Nokia 3310

mrmicawbers

With Regards to Bacon,I went red meat free for about 3 years and the only thing I craved was Bacon Rashers and Bolognese Sauce.What I do find a little odd is Vegetarians making something into a sausage or a Burger.

gang

Thuringian Rostbratwurst, recipe dates back to 17th century, protected by law and custom.

The Old Count

Quote from: mrmicawbers on June 23, 2019, 06:01:01 PM
With Regards to Bacon,I went red meat free for about 3 years and the only thing I craved was Bacon Rashers and Bolognese Sauce.What I do find a little odd is Vegetarians making something into a sausage or a Burger.
Nothing odd about it. Sausages and burgers taste great. However, if you don't want to eat meat (for whatever reason) but still fancy a banger or a burger, really good non meat alternatives are available for you to enjoy.

snarks

Quote from: The Old Count on June 23, 2019, 08:26:22 PM
Nothing odd about it. Sausages and burgers taste great. However, if you don't want to eat meat (for whatever reason) but still fancy a banger or a burger, really good non meat alternatives are available for you to enjoy.

They make burger buns and hot dog rolls, most bread is vegan so it is logical to put it into the same shape as the meat alternatives, which, let's face it, are not natural cut of meat shapes in any event.

FFC1987

Quote from: snarks on June 24, 2019, 11:41:07 AM

They make burger buns and hot dog rolls, most bread is vegan so it is logical to put it into the same shape as the meat alternatives, which, let's face it, are not natural cut of meat shapes in any event.

makes it easier for me to prepare both vegi and meat options with burgers. I get a bit weird about like, making a full Tofu turkey, just feels liek it defeats the point for me, but thats just me. Each to their own.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: snarks on June 24, 2019, 11:41:07 AM

I would think any health benefits they get from being meat free would be off set by eating that bread lol