more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sessegnon Staying?

Started by Mince n Tatties, June 22, 2019, 06:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

According to Radio this sunny morn,he will let his
contract run down and talk to Inter Milan in January.
Make of that what you will.😕

SuffolkWhite

I thought the whole point of going to Spurs was so he could stay in London!

Think I saw somewhere that Palace were interested also and at £25m why wouldnt they be.

Interestingly I saw an artilce that Arsenal will sell players that have less than two years on their contracts left to maaximise transerfer fee's.

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

I Ronic

I'm not privy to whats going on between Sess, his agent and the Club. So my comment is to do with the situation and not the player.

If a player wants to leave, fine. If he wants to let his contract run down so he can personnally gain from that, fine. Then don't play him, give the shirt to someone that wants to bust his guts for his Club and everyone prepared to pay and cheer him on.

H4usuallysitting

He's proven in the championship... I'd play him next season, and if he helps us get promoted then he can go with a clean break..... I've got serious doubts he'll ever make it in the premiership - but what do I know

hovewhite

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on June 22, 2019, 08:06:32 AM
He's proven in the championship... I'd play him next season, and if he helps us get promoted then he can go with a clean break..... I've got serious doubts he'll ever make it in the premiership - but what do I know
I tend to agree with you.

Roberty

If he is not going to have a more successful season that last year - his value might be zilch by next June
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Beamer

I didn't see the U21 game last night but noted that he didn't start, came on at half time and was subbed off injured 12 minutes later. Did it look serious.

Milo

Injured last night so severity of that will dictate everything.

If he's injured he will surely fail any medical and we will not sell this summer. Seems likely he would then run down his contract.. but realistically... if you were Sess, would you sign an extension just to squeeze £25m out of your future employers? I think he's between a rock and a hard place himself.

Arthur

Maddison, Barnes, Brooks, Foden, McNeil, Sessegnon.

A year ago, Ryan would, I imagine, have been generally regarded as the most highly rated of this group (and surely on a par with any of them). Since then, Ryan's stock has fallen, whereas the others have all enhanced their reputations.

Based on the evidence of last season, Ryan doesn't have the makings of an outstanding full-back, left-sided midfielder or winger. That could change. Nonetheless, at this point in time, any club paying a large fee for Sessegnon is also, in my opinion, taking a huge risk. (If I were a Spurs fan, I wouldn't want the Club to pay £25M for him.) Ultimately, therefore, the adage that he's only worth what someone else is prepared to pay for him will have to prevail. If we are to avoid losing him for nothing next year, we may have to lower our valuation until we find a suitor. Perhaps the best we can then do to cover ourselves against the possibility that he will thrive at his new club is negotiate some add-ons. Whatever Ryan's market value turns out to be, his running down his contract is not a preferable option in my view.

filham

Beginning to look as if he may stay until January and then go for a song or until next summer and go for free.
The situation is not turning out well for either Fulham or Sess.

aaronmcguigan

No harm to him but he's looked , since Ranieri destroyed him, like a bit part left back, decent attacking wing back, out of sorts left winger, and an able deputy for a right winger.

In essence, his development has been set back and needs decent playing time before anyone will pay big bucks for someone to warm their bench. If it was the raw Sessegnon of last season then they'd bite your hand off but he's been consistently average or below. I can probably count 2 games since November where he's been a standout decent performer

Am I right in saying that if his contract runs out he will only move by tribunal and we'll still get some money?

Fulham Tup North

According to the Guidian it was his hamstring, after 12 mins. Hopefully not too long on the sidelines 👍⚽
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Newry FFC on June 22, 2019, 10:28:35 AM
No harm to him but he's looked , since Ranieri destroyed him, like a bit part left back, decent attacking wing back, out of sorts left winger, and an able deputy for a right winger.

In essence, his development has been set back and needs decent playing time before anyone will pay big bucks for someone to warm their bench. If it was the raw Sessegnon of last season then they'd bite your hand off but he's been consistently average or below. I can probably count 2 games since November where he's been a standout decent performer

Am I right in saying that if his contract runs out he will only move by tribunal and we'll still get some money?

Wouldn't go as far as to say like you do that the Tinkerman destroyed him,didn't help,but Ryan looked out of sorts before then.
Maybe he just isn't as good as we all hoped.
Plenty of time of course for that to change.

Herbie

Quote from: I Ronic on June 22, 2019, 07:43:07 AM
I'm not privy to whats going on between Sess, his agent and the Club. So my comment is to do with the situation and not the player.

If a player wants to leave, fine. If he wants to let his contract run down so he can personnally gain from that, fine. Then don't play him, give the shirt to someone that wants to bust his guts for his Club and everyone prepared to pay and cheer him on.

Wanting to run your contract down and yet still giving your all for your current club are not mutually exclusive.  If he does want to run the contract down and potential suitors are willing to play the waiting game in hope of a cheaper deal, then surely the best option remaining for us is to make the most use out of him that why can whilst he is still contracted to us. 

I don't begrudge him wanting to make the move, I just worry for him that the step is still a little too soon in his development.

toshes mate

Quote from: Herbie on June 22, 2019, 10:46:11 AM
Wanting to run your contract down and yet still giving your all for your current club are not mutually exclusive.  If he does want to run the contract down and potential suitors are willing to play the waiting game in hope of a cheaper deal, then surely the best option remaining for us is to make the most use out of him that why can whilst he is still contracted to us. 

I don't begrudge him wanting to make the move, I just worry for him that the step is still a little too soon in his development.
That is the way I see it, and, as I have written elsewhere, it is a tough call for a nineteen year old to make a rational decision when, whichever way he choose to go, he could regret it. 

I also share the view that whilst Ranieri was probably doing what he always does when faced with a struggling youngster (i.e. not intentionally demonic), the net effect was minus the support network Sessegnon had whilst Jokanovic was around.  He was also surrounded by a whole host of other unhappy and perhaps even depressed players and team mates who just couldn't wait to get away from the bad smell.   They are all factors that neither Shahid Khan nor Tony Khan had even thought about when thrashing around for a way out of a problem (a failed and failing team in the PL) they had both been a major factor in causing. 

The fact the Khans' had gone through a similar episode involving PL survival with such incompetency and resulting failure would, you may have considered, suggested to both of them that they needed a better plan B and not one that was designed simply to force Jokanovic's hand and dispense with him more cheaply later in the season if things didn't improve.  We now know Ranieri was in the back of the Khans' minds [sic] from early in our promotion season when things were not going to plan and so what did they expect our former head coach to believe was going on.  It is the same for Sessegnon - he needs stability and the kind of care he obviously thought he was getting from coaching staff during our successful season, and not the angst of instability and continuous turmoil which has been the hallmark of the Khan era.     

Syd Cupp

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on June 22, 2019, 06:42:39 AM

Think I saw somewhere that Palace were interested also and at £25m why wouldnt they be.

If this was to be true, I Think Palace wouldn't be a bad choice OK not the big club he would like
but would get a better chance of playing each week instead of becoming a bench warmer,
Whilst staying in the prem still developing then think about the next step up.

Nero

Quote from: Syd Cupp on June 22, 2019, 01:12:55 PM

If this was to be true, I Think Palace wouldn't be a bad choice OK not the big club he would like
but would get a better chance of playing each week instead of becoming a bench warmer,

and Palace would probaly want him as a left back to replace the one that off to utd, but he might learn how to defend under Roy

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Nero on June 22, 2019, 01:18:41 PM

and Palace would probaly want him as a left back to replace the one that off to utd, but he might learn how to defend under Roy

They're selling a right back to Man Utd.

Nero

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on June 22, 2019, 02:02:32 PM
Quote from: Nero on June 22, 2019, 01:18:41 PM

They're selling a right back to Man Utd.

Yea I realized that but couldn't be bothered to change it

Robbie

I just don't get this... Sess was OK (ish) as a Championship player BUT was completely out of his depth in the PL.
He was offside for most of last season and AGAIN in the England U21 strip.

We can do better for the CS next season, get as much money as we can and move him on.