watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pre season training started today

Started by Riversider, June 22, 2019, 05:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

And yet not a single mention by the club, or have I missed something ?

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Official Site   Weds 12 June  Dates for your Diary

filham

No, not yet surely. I thought they had another weeks holiday and started training on Monday 1st July.

Nero

wheelerdeeler

Only thing I can think of is (based on the schedule they put out) that it's just basic fitness testing, weight, body fat % etc. today and the "proper" training starts on Monday.

Either that, or more likely they just put the wrong date down. I was always expecting it to either be the 24th of June or the 1st of July when everyone was properly back. And if it was the 24th, the players who were on international duty like Mitrovic, Johansen, Cairney etc. wouldn't be back in until the 1st anyway most likely.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

As I said above the Official said 22 June and in response to the comment that players are absent on international duty no club is going to let that get in the way of all others reporting for duty.
Don't confuse the starting of training with the starting of contracts many of which start on1July.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on June 22, 2019, 08:43:29 PM
As I said above the Official said 22 June and in response to the comment that players are absent on international duty no club is going to let that get in the way of all others reporting for duty.
Don't confuse the starting of training with the starting of contracts many of which start on1July.

Assuming you're directing that to me, I thought 24th of June or 1st of July just because they're a Monday. Nothing to do with players coming back at different times because of internationals. I don't think a Pre-Season has ever started on a Saturday in history, which as I say means we either put the wrong date (maybe the person writing that article was told the players are back 6 weeks before the first game and took it literally) or as I theorised the players aren't actually training today and they're just getting the basic weight, body fat % checks over the weekend so they can go straight into the hard running on Monday).

Fernhurst

Hilda put in good shift but her BMI figure was far too high due to all those double cream teas while on holiday in Portwenn.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

MikeW

Don't think Cairney has been doing much international duty.  Hopefully he has been honing his ball skills with his right foot so he doesn't have to keep going around in clockwise circles to get it on his left.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

H4usuallysitting

I think Cairney has also been busy in his other job - as chair of the BOE